What Have You Done With Your Clothes That Don't Fit?

Options

Replies

• LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I've just been talking about this. I alter what I can, but some things will look weird no matter how skilled or extensive the alterations, because they're tailored to a completely different shape than what I have now. So those that are still good but won't take alterations well get donated to the one local charity shop we have (that's actually for charity, not just secondhand). Some are saved for scrap fabric, or reconstructed if that's an option.
    I feel weird doing it, though, because it feels so wasteful to just get rid of things, especially those nice pieces that were expensive. I just hope the hospice people can maybe either make use of them or sell them in their shop.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Donated to Purple Heart and I also gave some away
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I gave my old scrubs to a coworker. I donated some outfits, but I also threw a bunch away.

I did keep one pair of my "fat" jeans though...not really sure why, but I guess I use them as a reminder of what I don't want to be ever again.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I donated most of them to an organization that sells used/donated stuff and provides help and jobs for mentally and physical handicapped children and young adults.

I did have some pants altered to fit me but somethings don't turn nice after alterations and they end up costing more than buying something new on sale.

I was thinking that I need to clean up my closet again because they are things that I don't wear anymore. I am retired so my life is simple and more sporty, no need to hold on to clothing that I will never wear again.
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am now in India, so I wear saris occasionally .No problem with them but the blouses I gave it for alteration.Last month when I was in US, I donated my 16 size pants and, large t shirts( now I wear pants of 10 size and medium t shirts)

I felt very happy when I donated my old, large cloths :bigsmile:
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    in 6-7 tubs in my carport lol
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm donating them.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tied them together like a rope and used them to sneak out of my bedroom window.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Tied them together like a rope and used them to sneak out of my bedroom window.

shenanigans.jpg
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ^^ Fine! I live on the first floor!
    ....and I have jalousie windows :frown:
  • RhysWill_I_Ams
    Options
    Sell them at car boot sales
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Will be donating them.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    they are hand towels for my guests now.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Donated them to charity.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I made a tent with mine. :laugh:
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Closet exchange!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    So far donated about 8 bags to Big Bros/Big Sisters here in Tucson....they had sent out "I'll be in the area postcards" so I just figured it was easier that way. I kept a pair of (now) big jeans and have most of my tee shirts as they can be worn to sleep etc. I've got more clothing that I bought since losing the weight and they are barely worn so looking for a buy back type place for these items.
  • SuperTiredMom
    SuperTiredMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I post them on Listia. I currently have a clothing lot going for 22,456 credits which I will be able to get other stuff with.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Donated
  • vt78che
    vt78che Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I never want to see them again! Donated them and vowed to never go back to that size.