Women 55yrs. & older with 75lbs. or more to lose!

Options

Replies

• kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi Karolsccc, Any program that I've been on has always promoted water is water. You want to drink at least 8 glasses of pure water a day and any other liquids are recorded separately. I cheat every once in awhile and count my tea or my flavoured water as water but I know that I'm wrong in doing so. Unfortunately, our bodies do not process the "flavoured water" the same way. Something in the sucralose or sweetener changes the way we process it. Its not as good for you as plain water. Hope this helps. Charlotte
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    As long as you've replied to a topic, you can always find the thread again under "My Topics". Hope that helps Jackie
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Annglenn - your post touched my heart. sometimes you just have to think of yourself. So glad you did all the shopping and now you can plan some healthy meals. Lots of caring people in this group. We all want to get to a better place with you.

All the talk of fish...guess what I had for dinner last night.

I think the group is a good size. You can always open it up if it gets smaller. I have found a handful of friends and a small group really makes it personal and keeps me coming back to this site. But I don't see a group.
  • LauraJayne8digs
    LauraJayne8digs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just copy/pasted your new name in GROUPS and came up with nothing...???....maybe its "ALL MY" computer savyness:laugh:
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I can't find the Group either. I tried sorting by "newest" and went back 3 days but couldn't find it that way either. Also searched under "gals" and then under "55" and finally "75". Nada, zip, zero. I do think we need a link.
  • Beloved1rv
    Beloved1rv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello There!
    My name is Regina and your story so resonated with me! I am 58 years young and my daughter-in-law is expecting our first grandchild this summer! Additionally, My daughter is getting married in June and I am running as fast as I can!!!!! I too, lost about 60 pounds and unfortunately, gained back quite a bit of it. However, I thank God for the willingness to try again. So here I am.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have been at this for a while, and when I get near the finish line! I fall off the wagon! I am running the race again, intent to reach my goal. I am 54, but close enough?

My weakest times are when I first get home from work! and late evenings. I am trying to create new routines and notice my triggers. My newest strategy at night is sugar-free hot cocoa and hot cider. Regular exercise is a challenge as well. Any and all tips are appreciated!

Love the encouraging messages in this group. Have a lovely Sunday - Sneak in a walk as a treat for yourself!

Sharon
  • scubaruby
    scubaruby Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can't find the group either.

Just want to say that I do not expect Josie or any other member to feel obligated to reply to every single post. That's a burden no one should bear. Once the group has been created (thanks, Josie) and we're up and running, we're all in this equally. If something resonates, or you think you can help, or you're feeling chatty, then go for it. But no one should feel slighted if there's no reply. Just know we're all reading and cheering each other on.

I am a member of a closed Facebook group of vegetarians from around the country. Some people are great at replying to all. Some pick up on something that is said and they have a "private" conversation within the group. Some only post about themselves. It all works, and helps to build community.

So with that said, I'm hoping to stay on track with food and get some exercise today, and prep my food for the week. Let's hope nothing off-plan jumps into my cart at Trader Joe's.
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am a little younger than the requirement but I have hit the 50+ marker. I think this is a wonderful group and great idea. I think as women of a certain age our metabolism and life in general has slowed down and it is very difficult to lose weight. It is more difficult when we have others in the house who eat different things.

My problem is portion control. If I have a bag of say SkinnyPop popcorn and 4 cups is the serving size @ 155 calories. If I don't measure out my 4 cups and put in a freezer bag prior to eating I would likely eat double or more the suggested serving size. OK, there you have it (MY WEAKNESS).:blushing:

Good luck to each and every one on here and I hope you didn't mind me kind of joining your group without truly meeting the criteria.

If any of you all want to add me to your friends for support please do and I will do the same. We all in this boat together.

Have a great Sunday and a great week.

Sassy
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agree, a group would be so much easier. I hope I can find you all again.

Thanks,
    Sassy
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    MUCH older than most of you, and after about 173 "tries" I've lost about 78 pounds, 66+ of them here at MFP. My mantra is "don't TRY to do it, DO IT".
    Seems to be working for me. I'll be celebrating a year of success on April 17.
  • Sharol1
    Sharol1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been looking for a blog such as this and am glad to have found it. I am 73 years old and pretty active. I do have some disc problems in my back but try to exercise as much as I can. I think that if I can lose some weight, I will be able to do a lot more things. I have great control over my eating during the week, but like some of you I struggle with eating on the weekends. I'm hoping that I will get some helpful ideas from others that have the same problem.
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...I've been reading all the messages about not finding the group. It is up and running. I got my invite last night and accepted it. To find it, check under the message boards, not under the groups. Under message boards, click on the home page. Scroll down to Group Forums, and any groups you have joined are listed there. Gals 55+ etc. is there. Just click on it. Hope this helps!!
  • scubaruby
    Options
    Josie, it's not there under my Groups.
  • scubaruby
    Options
    Found it! You have to look up at the top of the page for the invitation.:smile:
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Steppingstone, Laurajayne, Sodakat, : You should have got a personal invitation to the new titled group site. Look at the top of your home page for a red #1 beside it is an envelope , click on it!

I will pop in once in a while to see if anyone else is having difficulty finding the new group siting. It is by invitation only as I have typed in all the 43 members of this thread to be invited. over half have already found & joined it. Hoping more will do so. But sorry to those who have just found this site I will not be adding more names at this time. Hope you can find another group to get the support you need! Josie
  • allypr
    allypr Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Josie I had an invite pop up and I didn't do anything and it marked it declined. Fro me it's Murphy's law anything that can go wrong will. I will try to find it.
    I think it's a great idea to limit the size of the group.
    Jan
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I sent you another invitation allypr
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    No invitation on my Home Page. I wonder what happened.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Josie,
    Found it !! :flowerforyou: