What Have You Done With Your Clothes That Don't Fit?

Options

Replies

• thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing them. Don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe at once. Biggest problem is my jeans. I invested in a smaller belt, and at least they won't fall down, but they are definitely baggy.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I am realistic when it comes to my weight. If they are still neat and serviceable I keep them because I know that this is going to be a constant struggle for me. I have large, X-Large and a few XXL in my closest just in case I need them. And I have a few nice things in Medium...just in case I ever make it there again.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I used to 4x Dress Shirt .. . Now I am Medium . . . .

I pass them along to people who may appreciate the clothing I used to wear It's always a good feeling to see them wear them in the future ....Help someone out ...You never know when you may need it . . .Life is short....:) Enjoy it!

Never give up your dreams!
  • Thimbelinda
    Thimbelinda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dress for success gets all the business attire. The organization helps disadvantaged women dress for job interviews and then gives them more outfits if they get the job.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I repurpose all of my unused clothing to make clothes for overweight felines. I also have a parakeet collection coming out in the fall.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Donated some, gave some to friends...

BUT some of them I'm keeping, mainly the images on the front of my fav old t-shirts and hoodies.. going to make them into a quilt!.. My old 'fat' clothes will help keep me warm in the future :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    womens shelter
  • Scienceteacher42
    Scienceteacher42 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I posted on facebook that I was giving them away if anyone could use them. I had one friend whose daughter is going the opposite direction I am going and needed some work clothes, and another friend who is losing but has some to lose to fit into my biggest clothes and wanted them as motivation.

After I gave away two large garbage bags of extra large clothing, keeping the baggy clothes I am still wearing, my husband said "Well, if you gain the weight back, you're screwed". Nice way to be supportive. I have NO intention to ever need those clothes again!
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I gave mine to goodwill, salvation army and family members.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Most of it went to the Philippines. Some of it went to a family in need that my mother knew. Some I held onto for sentimental reasons.
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Burn those muthas because I'll never be wearing them again!
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Donated my clothing that was a good condition. Everything else that wasn't was taken to a drop box that recycles such textiles.
  • roberggren
    Options
    Is there a website anywhere that we can swap clothes. I recently went from a size 22 to an 18 and I have about 15-20 pair of jeans all from lane bryant. These jean were really pricey. I would love to be able to swap with someone who is in need and in exchange perhaps find someone who could donate a few sz 18's to me. I don't want to have to keep paying full price for new sizes and I hopefully go down in size.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I either gave them away, donated them, sold stuff, had my seamstress take things in or thrown them away.

I've only kept a pair of my largest shorts just to remember how far I've come. They used to fit tight on me - now I can fit into one leg! Went from a 2X or 20/22 to a 8/10 or medium.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Is there anywhere near you that you can get used clothing?
    I'm still wearing them. Don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe at once. Biggest problem is my jeans. I invested in a smaller belt, and at least they won't fall down, but they are definitely baggy.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Honestly a lot of it is in crappy condition but the good stuff will be going to the local charity shop.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Do any of you feel kind of afraid to get rid of them? I still have a fear of going back to my old ways, and needing them again. I would hate to spend the money to buy that size again.

I am getting rid of them, though, and it feels so good to be able to wear smaller sizes!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Donated them to charity.

This.

Anything that was in really bad shape got donated to cats.
  • lealorali
    lealorali Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping most of mine that are just a size or two too large for 2 reasons: 1) I feel like I will gain weight back after i have a baby and can't keep up with my workouts because I will be too busy and 2) I hope to get pregnant very soon so I will need some larger clothes!!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is there a website anywhere that we can swap clothes. I recently went from a size 22 to an 18 and I have about 15-20 pair of jeans all from lane bryant. These jean were really pricey. I would love to be able to swap with someone who is in need and in exchange perhaps find someone who could donate a few sz 18's to me. I don't want to have to keep paying full price for new sizes and I hopefully go down in size.

I think this is a brilliant idea. I need a 16 tall jeans but no one ever donates tall stuff to my local thrift store. I'd ship my size 18 jeans to you but the shipping cost might be brutal coming from Canada