ive lost so much weight bit still look reallt fat

Options

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Honey, I am 34, fat, and can kick all the skinny girls *kitten* at bootcamp! !! Am i awesome......yep!!!! Dont focus on fat or thin. It took me a long time to learn that!!!
  • rrlwelter
    rrlwelter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    And sometimes those of us who've been obese for a long time have head issues... I'd lost 130 pounds, but still felt fat when I deliberately looked at myself in a mirror. But when I caught an unexpected glimpse of myself in a window or door, I looked great!

It's been 4 years, I've gained a few back, but am working down again. And yup, I'm still my own worst viewer.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    you still look fat...cuz well, you are.

dont get discouraged. You are very young and very cute.

Keep working on it and with time it will go away. :)

This isn't being helpful in the least because you can't tell what she looks like with just a facial pic and according to that pic I'd so no she's not fat. But you are rude and you can't even blame it on being truthful. SMDH at some people.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    It's about what YOU think.

If you lose a ton of weight but haven't built up your muscle, you'll look the same way - just a smaller version of it. If you don't like what you see in the mirror, change it.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Wtf? What's wrong with you! You don't even know how she looks like!
    No you weren't being honest, you were just being rude
    Just being honest sorry
  • MckeyDee
    MckeyDee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Baby girl

Asking strangers if you look fat is not something I recommend. Set your own goals and achieve them make yourself feel good inside!

yes. I agree...
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Baby girl

Asking strangers if you look fat is not something I recommend. Set your own goals and achieve them make yourself feel good inside!

I second this. It only matters how you feel and what you think. Are you happy with how you look? Are you happy with how you feel? If you are, wonderful! If you are not, then make the adjustments to achieve what YOU want. You don't have a full body shot, but, going by your head shot, you are a beautiful young woman.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Why would you ask if you look fat? Random people in the internet will not give you good advice especially with the one cute pic of you. You could be overweight or thin based on your pic- you're beautiful. You are young and will need to figure out if you are happy where you're at or or not. You decide. Don't ask random questions of random people...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Some thoughts:

1.) be careful about asking the internet questions that might result in hurt feelings
    2.) If you are going to ask said sensitive question, best to provide a picture so the responses you get are at least based on factual
    info
    3.) if you've recently lost a lot of weight it can take your brain awhile to catch up. It took my about 6 months to really see myself as small, and my perception continues to lag behind reality
    4.) if you haven't been doing any progressive loading resistance training then I'd recommend starting some while you continue to diet down. That will help ensure you're keeping your muscle while you lose mostly fat, so you end up with a lower body fat percentage when you get to your goal weight.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Get your body fat % measured. That's the only way to determine if you're fat... Not from comments from the Internet. But, just from experience, at 5'5" and 150 lbs, I qualified as obese by BF%. Be proud of your progress but realistic about what is a healthy goal.
  • brittanyabanks
    brittanyabanks Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you two things.. you will always look "fat" if its a genetic trait. Larger chest, thicker thighs, and wide hips. These things are genetic and can look like "fat" to someone whose been obese for a long time. Ask friends and family to guess your weight if it's a significant difference (10-20lbs) you are fine physically and it's all mental. If its greater or really close (within 5lbs) then you do look a heavy weight.

I was like this when I was first starting. I hadn't seen a friend in a few years and told him I was on a diet. He asked why and I told him I was, by BMI standards, Obese level two and just touching the scale of morbidly obese. He didn't believe me and I told him to guess my weight which he said no more than 210-215. That was almost a 15 pound difference. He said all my fat is stored in my chest and thighs and I just didn't have that natural curve that i used to. This is my main goal right now to get my "curves" back not to drop down to 140 to please a scale that triggers my depression.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 85 lbs. I bet you look nothing like you did before.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you two things.. you will always look "fat" if its a genetic trait. Larger chest, thicker thighs, and wide hips. These things are genetic and can look like "fat" to someone whose been obese for a long time. Ask friends and family to guess your weight if it's a significant difference (10-20lbs) you are fine physically and it's all mental. If its greater or really close (within 5lbs) then you do look a heavy weight.

I was like this when I was first starting. I hadn't seen a friend in a few years and told him I was on a diet. He asked why and I told him I was, by BMI standards, Obese level two and just touching the scale of morbidly obese. He didn't believe me and I told him to guess my weight which he said no more than 210-215. That was almost a 15 pound difference. He said all my fat is stored in my chest and thighs and I just didn't have that natural curve that i used to. This is my main goal right now to get my "curves" back not to drop down to 140 to please a scale that triggers my depression.

Yeah... No. :noway:

The majority of people aren't able to guess someone's weight. I would not use that as a way to decided if you are overweight / need to lose some more fat.

Op - Yes by the scale you are still fat, sorry.

But you should be proud at how much you have lost - that's a great achievement :flowerforyou:

PS answering someone's question honestly isn't being rude, how does lying to someone actually help them? Everyone who answered honestly were polite and respectful and just doing what the op wanted - actually answering her question. :grumble:
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

When I was 320lbs I carried my weight, and dressed in a way, that nobody in my life would EVER have guessed I was even close to that weight.

But my health, and mental perception, were no less affected because other people thought I weighed less than I looked.

What an awful way to determine whether you should cut fat off your frame. Terrible.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options

Scales don't measure fat. They measure weight. These are not the same. Overweight and over-fat are not the same.

OP - ignore the naysayers. We're not your doctor.
  • AkDeeW
    AkDeeW Posts: 5
    Options
    This the most useful info I have seen. I am almost 5'5" and weigh 162 wear a size 8, 154 I am in a size six, but my butt gets to sore from my bones when I set. So, I chose that 160ish is my perfect weight. I have more energy for 50 mile bike rides plus my butt doesn't hurt.

Keep your chin up, AK
  • brittanyabanks
    Options

Yeah... No. :noway:

The majority of people aren't able to guess someone's weight. I would not use that as a way to decided if you are overweight / need to lose some more fat.

But you should be proud at how much you have lost - that's a great achievement :flowerforyou:

PS answering someone's question honestly isn't being rude, how does lying to someone actually help them? Everyone who answered honestly were polite and respectful and just doing what the op wanted - actually answering her question. :grumble:

The question was does she look fat, not is she fat/ over weight. I didn't look obese but I was/am and understand that. I'm saying that if she is carrying weight in her thighs and hips and having the mental preparation already that she is overweight for years of being it, it can end up hurting her. It's the way people get eating disorders. They see people that have a different build and think they should also look like that (thigh gaps, for example) and will push themselves to achieve that look by starving or overworking their body.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options

This isn't being helpful in the least because you can't tell what she looks like with just a facial pic and according to that pic I'd so no she's not fat. But you are rude and you can't even blame it on being truthful. SMDH at some people.

How is asking this question without posting a pic helpful? Common sense apparently is lacking. She was asking for an opinon, people telling her she does look fat isn't rude. If you don't want to hear it, don't ask. SMH at people without common sense.
  • brittanyabanks
    Options

When I was 320lbs I carried my weight, and dressed in a way, that nobody in my life would EVER have guessed I was even close to that weight.

But my health, and mental perception, were no less affected because other people thought I weighed less than I looked.

What an awful way to determine whether you should cut fat off your frame. Terrible.

I didn't say she couldn't continue to loose weight but If its fat that is supposed to be there she shouldn't force it off. That's like saying that I want to look like a runway model but she has small breast. I should chop off my breast so that I can have the same size or constantly work on lower body exercise to get a thigh gap.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    lots of heavy people (like myself in the past) strangely feels/looks fatter when they have lost some weight - my own example would be after losing 10kg, instead of being a square stack of a frame (as a body), I had indents here and there which almost accentuated my 'fatness' as I could physically see flabs become more noticeable instead of a bulge - this followed by your minds playing tricks can make a person feel really down and depressed, my advice is to focus on the diet and not necessarily the physique currently and know that eventually, you will be generally thinner!