Curling In The Squat Rack?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    The person curling in the squat rack is less of an ***hole than the person taking up six pieces of equipment 'circuit training'.

eh, I think they are about equal...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I feel a little guilty doing OHPs and barebell lunges in the squat rack but I kind of have to...

I do barbell OHP in the squat rack too ….
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I think they need their butts kicked and banned from the rack for a month.

Sooo agreed. Drives me nuts.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I feel a little guilty doing OHPs and barebell lunges in the squat rack but I kind of have to...

I kinda felt the same way..like maybe I should use the preweighted bars. But, they are shorter across. And the area they are in is not very conducive for just banging out lunges. Plus,there is no way i'm getting on of those suckers across my back for the lunge.

I guess I could be my OHP with them..but, I kinda like the length of the olympic bar for that. I feel like its more challenging because it requires more balance. Someone suggested maybe I try the smith machine for the OHP but I dunno how I feel about that.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

I do this and feel no guilt. I pretty much never have a spotter, and I want the rack for safety reasons. My gyms don't tend to have any back-up / wait on squat racks, so it is even less of an issue for me.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Because of health issues I have to do this as well. I know most 95% of the people who do squats, so I just check with them if they are going into the hole that day. No guilt...
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Send the retards to PLANET FITNESS
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Nah..I do these as well. My gym has several squat racks and Smith machines though.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    People curling in the squat rack makes me rage. srs.

OHP in the squat racks is perfectly acceptable though.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Big doods can do whatever they want in the gym. Little doods, no curly in the racky.
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Big doods can do whatever they want in the gym. Little doods, no curly in the racky.

On behalf of "Big doods", I want to apologize for the d bagginess of the above comment.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wow, I would like to introduce you to something called humor. it is when someone makes a joke order to lighten the mood and create something called laughter. You should try it sometime. BTW, i will be reporting your post. Calling of names is not cool in this community "BRO".
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    He didn't actually call you a name. He insulted your comment, not you personally.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Other than they look silly, I really could care less. AIN'T GONNA MAKE ME MAD BRAH!
  • mad_lifting_runner
    mad_lifting_runner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't care, as long as they re-rack what they use.

90% of the people in the rack are doing quarter-squats anyway.
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll just do it and ask... What about deadlifts in the power rack? My old gym was huuuge and had plenty of space and squat racks and power cages. I go to the Y now and there's limited equipment (not even pre-weighted bars) and what they have is all crammed into a small room. I know the power rack isn't ideal for deadlifts since I can't get the bar ALL the way down to the floor, but I tried taking a bar off of a bench the other day to DL not in the rack and there's not enough open space in the room without smacking the bar into another piece of equipment or someone else's shins. So, if I deadlift in the power rack, will I be *THAT* person?
    ...please say no... please say no... please say no...

ETA: There's not enough room to take bar OUT of the rack and do anything. There's a support column on on side and the leg press machine on the other. Maybe time to look for another gym?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

if big doods are curling in the squat rack that tells me they don't know what it's for, and if they don't know what it's for then wtf are they doing on leg day, and do they even have a leg day?
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow, I would like to introduce you to something called humor. it is when someone makes a joke order to lighten the mood and create something called laughter. You should try it sometime. BTW, i will be reporting your post. Calling of names is not cool in this community "BRO".

No, I'm pretty sure you seriously meant what you said and are now backtracking your comment due to your public perception.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    This is a tired and cliched gripe. Please to come up with something new about which to inanely whine.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

No, I'm pretty sure you seriously meant what you said and are now backtracking your comment due to your public perception.

my perception of it was it was humour, and could be taken as being from the small dudes point of view lamenting that the big dudes won't let him curl in the squat rack then they curl in the squat rack.... there are multiple ways it can be taken

you don't know what his intention was in posting it... in any case anyone who curls in the squat rack doesn't know what it's for, and if they're built like they've been going to the gym for years they look silly and like they never did a leg day in their lives.