what day Of The week do you weigh and why?

Options
124»

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Every day. I know it's pointless but oh well. can't help it.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, and log only when there is a loss. Since my weight fluctuates so much I may not record a loss for a week, but then again it could be a day.
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to weigh in everyday because I'm scared if I just choose one day that will be the day I am up! Stupid I know!
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Everyday because I've lost my days of the week underpants so don't know what day it is.

Brought a smile to my face on a (crappy) Monday morning.

I weigh in whenever, mostly out of curiousity about the fluctuations. But I don't obsess about it and use Saturday morning as my "official" weigh in day for no reason in particular.
  • kikif617
    kikif617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning, why Saturday ...I don't know. That just happened to be the day I weighed myself and didn't like the number on the scale and started to take this thing seriously. So I stuck with weighing myself that day.
  • Raphael144
    Raphael144 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    have read numerous reports that have different advice. weighing myself daily, at the same time in the morning at rise, but tracking the progress once a week, has worked for me. pick a day and time, use that as your goal. weigh yourself everyday to give you an idea of the previous day or two and how it affects your progress. good luck
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Tuesday or Thursday because it's the days I have the most time to do so. Other mornings I'm rushing around to get the dogs out before going to work or a class at the gym. Plus, Tuesday makes sense to me because I also tend to overeat over the weekend and want a couple days for the salt/sodium to wear off.
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    5b3gp0.jpg
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Sunday morning, before breakfast.
  • thecountess
    thecountess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every evening after late dinner(teatime ) so that it motivates me to stop eating but my official weighin day for me is Monday begining of the week
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning after using the restroom and before working out. I'm maintaining, so during the week I eat at a slight deficit and during the weekend I go over (I don't go crazy though).

During the week I lose the mostly water weight I gained from the weekend then repeat so I don't gain or lose.

There were too many fluctuations when I weighed on Monday morning (darn you sodium!) so when I switched to Friday's it worked well for me and my stats became consistent.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as soon as I wake up. I just like knowing how my body reacts to what I did or didn't do the day before.

Friday we went out and had mexican and a few beers. I knew Saturday I would be up a few pounds, and sure enough...Saturday I was up a few...yesterday it went down a little bit and this morning I was back to 134. Just helps me know where I am at on a day to day basis. It helps me maintain to weigh every morning.
  • extrafast
    extrafast Posts: 10
    Options
    Everyday, in the morning before anything, I weigh myself several times and measure my current body fat percentage, averaging the readings out.

Weighing myself everyday has helped me understand much better my (new) metabolism. Although only steady readings day after day are worth of noting, it helps understand what my body needs and how it behaves/reacts.

cheers.
  • ewtx1000
    ewtx1000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays because I started on a Wednesday - if you tend to go off track a bit on the weekend Wednesday is a good day - it gives you a couple days to "recover" from the weekend (ie: sodium would be my culprit) - if you don't go off track on the weekends then it shouldn't really matter.

Yep. Love Wednesday weigh in for this reason. I "unofficially" weigh daily (just about), but log it in on Wednesday.
    This was my friends logic too, and reasonable average.
  • Brendasoder
    Options
    I'm a Friday morning girl, myself. That way I can enjoy the weekend and not give myself such a hard time if I indulge a bit. I have the whole week to work it off and make up for the slip.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I would suggest to weigh in whenever you feel you have your best chance to consistantly do well. For me and I imagine many it is friday mornings as my weekdays are best for my dieting.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/how-to-weigh-yourself-accurately/

Pretty interesting write up on how to weigh yourself accurately. There is also a part about the temperature of the room you weigh yourself in. It can make a diff on the scale. I noticed it this past friday. When I woke in the cold bathroom it wasnt as good as I had hoped, and then once it warmed up a half our later it got better and more what I expected.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just weigh when I feel like I should. I avoid the week of my TOM.

I usually weigh every 1-2 weeks. If I feel like I've gone down, I get on the scale.

But I'm also not concerned with the scale as much as how I look.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I usually do it randomly, but usually on a Wednesday. "Weigh in Wednesday," as I call it.
  • squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Friday! Just a reminder not to go crazy over the weekend :)

61979966.png