I'm just curious about heights and goal weights :)

Options
Hi! I'm Danielle. My goal weight is currently 100lbs, but I'm extremely iffy on that. I only put it in there because I needed a number. For a height of 5'3'', it's considered just above underweight. For a height of 5'4'', it is underweight. I'm 5'3.5''! It definitely needs to change. But back on topic, what's your height and what's your goal weight? :) If you've achieved your goal weight, congratulations to you!! And if you're making your way there, keep going.. you've got this!

Oh and feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 6'. In high school, at my full height, I was about 185 and in pretty good shape. Goal would be the 190's with more muscle than I had in high school.

My best friend is 5'4'' and 119lbs. She's about 17% body fat and looks amazing, but she works out every day to keeo that body.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, weight right now is 125, would like to get back to 115 - but weight is not a big deal for me, I just want to get toned and fit :smile:
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    5'6 and im prob 135lbs... and would like to be maybe around 120lb.... all depends on how i look and tone up
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and I don't think I've weighed myself in months. I focus on body fat percentage rather than weight (which is a misleading statistic, imo). I'd recommend you do the same. My goal is to drop 3% of my body fat while gaining more mass.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 160. If I were you at 5'3" my goal weight would be somewhere between 105 - 140 because that's the "normal weight" for a person of your height.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    I am 5 4 I weigh 136 right now and I want to weigh 125 just want to be toned and fit
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    6 ft even, looking to weigh between 160 and 170 depending on how much muscle I put on between now and then.
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and sit at 127. Wear XS or S clothing. Don't go by the scale, go by the inches, remove the fat and define the muscles :)
  • kaitlynroyale
    kaitlynroyale Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I'd like to be between 140-145 :)
  • tanfit4life
    tanfit4life Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5 5 my goal weight is 118-and less body fat-I like to lift so I like to be toned and fit
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and about 98 lbs. I still have some fat on my thighs and lower back that I'd like to get rid of. I'm estimating 95 lbs without considering muscle gain. At this point, I'm not as worried about the scale as how my legs look when I'm in shorts.
  • Akasya13
    Akasya13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and at 120, my goal is 120 but I would mind being 115 :-) just gonna do it very slowly. Or atleast tone
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". My advice is to forget about goal weights and focus on a goal body fat. When I first started here, my goal weight was 115 lbs (seriously, that was what I had been for a few years previous and I thought I looked good then). I was 120 lbs. :laugh: The last time I weighed myself I was between 125 and 127 lbs, but I haven't weighed in weeks. I know now that my body fat is where I want it, so it doesn't matter to me how much I weigh. Because of this website, I learned the importance of macros and about body recomposition through resistance training. I obviously over estimated my calories in the beginning, because I GAINED weight, but I actually look much better in the same clothes that I used to wear when I was 120 lbs. I bought a food scale, and I haven't increased in weight anymore, but my body fat is still dropping very very slowly. I'm keeping an eye on it, so it doesn't go too low. I use a FitBit and it gives me a pretty good estimate of my total daily expenditure in terms of calories.

My advice is to be flexible in your goals, because you just never know what might end up happening.
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 andmy goal weight is 135, maybe 130?
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    We are the same height. I believe 103 lbs or under is considered "underweight" for us, but don't quote me on that. I've also seen 105 lbs as underweight by some sources as well. I think anything below 100 lbs for our height is a little too low, unless you are naturally that way, but it mainly depends on your frame as well. I've always been the happiest with my body around 110-115 lbs. I was unhappy as a 90 lb stick and unhappy as at a curvier 138 lbs as well.

I'm currently 111.5 lbs. My goal weight is 110 lbs, but may end up at 108 lbs once I'm finished. I say that because I'm not going from 1400-1500 calories all the way up to 1900 in one day. I will need to gradually increase my calories once I reach my goal. I hope to transition into maintenance by the end of the month ( April ). I do not want to get below 105 lbs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Danielle. My goal weight is currently 100lbs, but I'm extremely iffy on that. I only put it in there because I needed a number. For a height of 5'3'', it's considered just above underweight. For a height of 5'4'', it is underweight. I'm 5'3.5''! It definitely needs to change. But back on topic, what's your height and what's your goal weight? :) If you've achieved your goal weight, congratulations to you!! And if you're making your way there, keep going.. you've got this!

Oh and feel free to add me. :)

Keep in mind the BMR ranges don't take into account your body type, muscle mass, etc. For me to get low end of my BMR range I would have to burn about 20 Lbs of muscle or more. According to BMR, I'm "overweight"...but I'm at a perfectly healthy BF% and I'm by no means a huge body builder or anything.

A lot of people become over obsessed with some arbitrary number and don't even understand the BMI ranges and what those numbers represent and end up doing more harm than good. If you have to burn muscle mass to get to some number, it's not the right number.

Personally, I'd pay way more attention to your BF% than hitting some number on the scale that is at the low end of your BMR. Most people I know who are at the low end of their BMR are pretty much sticks with very little in the way of muscle...ironically, most of these people also want to be "toned"...ironic because you have to have muscle to be "toned" and muscle has mass and thus weight. In that RE, this is a pretty good read...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    I'm 4'9" - my goal weight is 125 (I'm built like a tree trunk lol) I carry my weight well and I build muscle easily. Doctor and I came up with 125 lbs being a healthy weight for myself. According to the BMI scale, that still puts me at overweight (but I don't care since it doesn't measure muscle mass etc, I want do want my body fat to be at 20 - 25 % though)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11'' and I weigh 147. BMI is 21. I'm a distance runner (6yrs) and my bone structure is pretty small. I know I have a goal weight of 135 listed on my posts. That's just where my weight is come race days. +- 5lb. It's extremely hard to maintain while running 40-100mi weeks leading up to marathons.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    5' 4.5" (yeah, that half inch is important!) My goal maintenance weight is 130-135. I may go down as low as 120 (MAYBE) if I decide to compete in Bikini, but it's more likely I'll go for figure, which will require a higher weight but lower body fat.

Oh, and in that pullup pic, I'm about 142. Point here is that goal weight is relative to your muscle mass, and your goals for how much muscle you want to wear, not just on fat loss.