What to eat for dinner

Options
Not sure what to eat for dinner. I normally have a lean lunch. I leave work at 5 and workout at 7 do cardio and weight training. I never know what to eat for dinner because i dont have time to cook after working out. I would go study right after the gym dont get home till11. What is suggesting to eat for dinner with a schedule like this?

Replies

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    is this an every day thing for you? is it just you your cooking for? I do quick lunches for me, frozen fish (cod or tilapia, cod is great w/ butter and herbs) steamer veggies in microwave. I'd make brown rice on Sunday and have it w/ your meat and veggie eveyr night or just skip rice and have meat and veggies.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I have an omelet or an egg sandwich, or scrambled eggs. Or go wild and make a frittata. But Eggs are my go-to when it is late, I'm tired and starving. Versatile, quick to cook and easy.
  • lettikag
    lettikag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding. Yea its most of the days during the week which makes it so hard. trying to figure out quick meals on the go.
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Make stuff ahead of time, like on a Sunday. My husband and I made black bean quesadillas and chicken burgers and are good for the next few days! Both are really easy and pretty fast to make.
  • AmyliaMimi
    AmyliaMimi Posts: 1
    Options
    How do you make a frittata? :sad: @Ready2Rock206
  • FitMe758
    FitMe758 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding. Yea its most of the days during the week which makes it so hard. trying to figure out quick meals on the go.

I usually cook a HUGE amount of chicken (usually marinade and grill) twice a week. Then pair w/ salad or vegetables.
    When I am on the go, I have these little Tupperware type things, but they have compartments (kind of like bento boxes) and I can keep salad, salad dressing, chicken and fruit all separate and they have an ice pack things that snaps in place to keep everything fresh.
    I think my H found them at Target, but Amazon also has a million options if you search for "Bento Box" or something similar.

Another option, (for when you get home) is to make a smoothies with protein powder, fruit, add spinach or avocado, flax or chia seeds etc... that's what I usually do for breakfast. (I usually can't eat real food for breakfast)
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bump