Motivated 5K/half marathoners?

Options
2»

Replies

• stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your time is fantastic!

My best 5k ever was 30:09 and that was 20 pounds ago.
    Ive been running since 2010.
    Ive run 2 marathons and a bunch of lesser distances.
    I did a half last weekend.
    I try to do as many as I can.

Add me!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all ...getting ready to do my fourth half in April. love running I can't stop. anyone feel free to add
  • terra415
    terra415 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been running every day since last August just for the sake of being able to convince some doctors that i'm doing everything possible to be as healthy as necessary for them to agree to take my kidney....That way when my blood pressure was up I could say ''look, I'm doing everything you medical types say to do with high blood pressure....can't say I'm not trying!"

Anyhoo, I'm up to just about 18k at a pop now....I'm nowhere near as fast as you, though. I did 17.9 in about an hour and 35 a few weeks ago. I'm not a marathoner, though. I don't have the kind of money to throw down on registering for a race when I could just walk out my door any day of the week and run that distance if I wanted to.

Marathoner my behind! You so are! You know I was "worn-down" by the YMCA to run for their camp program. Really it was the motivation to run for the cause and I found the money (yes I am pinching here and there and begging for funds like no other) but heck! The kids that benefit are worth it. Once you find the cause, your running/training will take on new meaning :) Trust me, there is a cause that needs you just as much as you want to work for them.

I wish you all the best! I think that's awesome that you a poppin out those K's so steadily.
  • dinojay28
    dinojay28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :happy: just run! I run 6-12 miles daily (well at least 6 days a weeks haha) I'm trying to improve my 8 min mile though! Yikes :noway: I'm new add me and let's support :flowerforyou:
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner (5 days a week) and I'm on mfp daily! I'm about to do a mud run next weekend, then a 10K in a few weeks. Coming soon...a half! Would love to add some new running buddies! :)
  • Brewster1620
    Brewster1620 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've run many 5k's, 10k's, a half-marathon and I am currently training to run the Boston Marathon on April 21st. I am pretty slow. As for the daily M
    FP use I'm not so good about logging my food but I do log all my runs. Feel free to add me if you like.

That's great progress you've made!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Running addict here! I race a few times a year. Running around 50 mpw but 6 months from now it will be up to 100. I respond well with high mileage. I try to update things here when I have time. If I don't log on for a while, don't worry. I'm still training. Currently training for Vegas 1/2 in November. Shooting for 1:25:59 Then 2015 is going to be all about going sub 3HR in a marathon. Woo!
    Feel free to add me.
  • Luke_Luke_Luke
    Options
    Trail Runner here returning back to running after a few years off due to...laziness really :/ Hoping to get back to running HM distance and then Marathon distance and beyond once I lose drop some baby weight (new baby/sympathy weight gain haha)! Feel free to add me
    I'm slow too...I've done several 5ks and working toward a 10k. anyone can add me if they want!!!
    No such thing as too slow - not all runners are built for speed!
  • JourneyToLose50
    JourneyToLose50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im starting to train for a half Marathon! Add me :)
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I enjoy running, do it three times a week. Just finished my first half marathon on the 15th! Already looking at another one to do before the one I already committed myself to. I enjoy 5ks and 10ks as well.

Add me, I'm always on MFP.
  • RayInMotion
    RayInMotion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    nicolesthread, I run on a treadmill and increase my speed by 0.1 mph every time I run. Its really helped produce a healthy, steady decrease in my times.
  • foreternity1981
    foreternity1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm also a big fan of running! I'm doing my first Half marathon on May 17 - eek! Would love some new running buddies on MFP :) I'm a visual person, so I'm motivated by working toward and then receiving 'race bling'. In my training for the Half, I use different coloured jewels to represent 1 km and 5 km (Canadian gal here!) and after each run, I put the equivalent distance in jewels into my run jar.

I'd set my kids up with reward jars and figured I should get my own ;)

-K