Thanks to whoever recommened Walk at Home!

Options
13»

Replies

• wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll have to look for this group. I love LS; I have a few videos (yes, VHS) and some of her newer DVDs and I like that I can modify to make the workouts harder or easier depending on the day, injury, whatever. I use them regularly and really enjoy them, especially for weekday morning workouts.
  • Sooz1965
    Sooz1965 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Saw that everyone on the message boards loved her...did the one mile workout today for the first time, great fun and do-able. Just need to stop the dog attacking me while I workout!
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos are the best! SO glad you found them. I own a few and have looked them up on YouTube as well.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Since I read about her on the 31st I have worked my way up and did her 3 mile walk with the bands today, felt so good! will keep working my way through her others. I have done 8 miles in 3 days and feeling great!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Since I read about her on the 31st I have worked my way up and did her 3 mile walk with the bands today, felt so good! will keep working my way through her others. I have done 8 miles in 3 days and feeling great!

Free (legal) youtube walking videos.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jessica+smith+walking+workouts
  • krokus99
    krokus99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I first heard about her here on MFP. I was after a 40 min cardio exercise and some strength but I just had to try the 4 miles. It felt soooo good :) now, on days when my knee is bad or when I do not feel good for the bike I walk 5 miles - I never was in such a bad shape to not be able to walk at least 4-5 miles...
    I really like what she does... and how she does it. I think walking is great for exercising. I might walk with her today :)
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I need to check this out!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I bought a few of her DVD's about two years ago after having my second baby. I liked that I could do them with the baby in a carrier, and the motion would usually put him to sleep. Then we moved and I stopped using them. After over a year off I put them back in the dvd player a month ago and have been love/hating my time with her 3 times a week. I say love/hate, only because the second ( and third if I do a 4 mile walk) miles are real killers. The baby sadly will no longer stay still in the carrier that long so he is usually trying to walk under my legs as I kick, or crawl around me as I side step. He still almost always falls asleep half way through giving me a chance to shower while he sleeps on the floor in front of the TV. With her videos, a stroller fitness group I belong to, and counting calories, I've lost 12 pounds in just over a month, much more than I had ever anticipated.

edited for grammar errors
  • KendraT1992
    KendraT1992 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I own all her DVDs! Love them all!
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone DVD's. I had never heard of her and just happened to run across a few DVD's at my local library and tried them out. I'm hooked! I love that I can do it at home and whenever it's convenient for me, no matter what the weather is outside. I started off with the 2, 3 and 4 mile walks DVD and now do "Walkin' to the Hits Remix." My husband, daughter and I do this DVD almost nightly. Love it!
  • treebee5
    treebee5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just found her. Tried the 2 mile walk and had knee pain later that evening, talked to my PT, he said to watch for knee rotation. I guess until the muscles that support my knees are stronger I will just be treadmill walking.
  • thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Options
    Where can one find the information about this group please ? :)
    Leslie is great! My start with fitness was the dreadmill too. I was leery of cardio exercise DVDs (I have 2 left feet)......I love that anyone can do these.....I like using light handweights....it reminds me to use my arms more. Her newer DVDs are at Target & Best Buy...some fun music.

There is a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home group here.........April is coming up.....there is a monthly Walk Challenge
  • thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Options
    Never mind !
    Found it ... :)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I love Leslies dvd's for cold snowy days or super hot summer days they are perfect when you cant get outside for a regular walk and seem to burn just as many calories too.