Tired of being obese, depressed, need some buddies!!

Options
StacyRenee77
StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
I am 36, I have struggled with my weight for years. I truly believe it is one of the main reasons I have been depressed for so long. Wanting a permanent change for my physical and mental health, want to be a better wife and mother to 6 kids!!

Replies

• jennbrosnahan
    jennbrosnahan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100 but want to lose 78 more....feel free to add me :)
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    My weight bounces back and fourth. I am ready to make a lifestyle change. I have been an on and off again user of MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • kschmidt220
    kschmidt220 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I am in the same boat you are in sort of, but i only have one child. It would be great to have someone to talk to would you add me?
    Kellie
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm on a weight loss mission too. We can do it!!!
  • cmbresnan
    cmbresnan Posts: 12
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me! I have a great support group!

Chris in Atlanta~
  • EmilyL128
    EmilyL128 Posts: 38
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm looking for buddies too. :-)
  • sharierdmanstalnaker
    Options
    I am new to MFP, actually today is my first day. I have tried everything else and nothing has worked. I know I need a lifestyle change. I am 43, an empty nester, school bus driver and lead singer in a rock band. I want to have an active life now that my children are raised and gone. I want to look and feel good inside and out. :happy:
  • PawPrints89
    PawPrints89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been on here about 2 weeks. I love it so far! New friends are always welcome and I'm happy to share my ideas! I have 140lbs to lose! I'm vegetarian, so my meals are meat free, but I try to post them when I can.
  • mommy_witcurls
    mommy_witcurls Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just getting started today…so let’s keep each other motivated. I have four children and meal selection can be a challenge for me most days. My weight gain has increased a lot in the last 7 years and I'm trying to gain control of it and develop a healthy lifestyle that will help me maintain those results (I have 72lbs to lose).
  • sweetpiegirl
    sweetpiegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :(
  • JoT2013
    JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    H All :)

I'm new here also and have 50+lbs to lose...so friends on here are a must as it's going to be a loooong journey for me it seems.

Good luck to everyone and add me if you want :)
  • KaiserNiner
    KaiserNiner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 36, I have struggled with my weight for years. I truly believe it is one of the main reasons I have been depressed for so long. Wanting a permanent change for my physical and mental health, want to be a better wife and mother to 6 kids!!

You can feel great!

Look up 'runners high' :)

Set some achievable goals - don't be too harsh on yourself, accept the ups and downs. Even if they're small things, feel proud for taking positive steps :)

At some points you will pleasantly surprise yourself.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You all are so very kind, I am glad to have all of your support and you have mine!!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Traciaq
    Traciaq Posts: 29
    Options
    feel free to ad me also =)
  • spiritedsam
    spiritedsam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to help motivate you! Feel free to add me! :)
  • MNaame_46
    Options
    I can completely relate to how you feel. I definitely need some support and motivation. Feel free to add me... we can support each other!
  • juliecnw
    juliecnw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have struggled with my weight for years. Feel free to add me, the more the merrier.
  • calico_cat
    calico_cat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am older than you, 48, but have young kids and feel the same. I am tired of being tired all the time, and want to be a better wife, mother, and overall person.

I have to lose another 55+ pounds. The slider on my message signature says less, but I set that up to break it down into smaller, easily attainable goals.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have a very supportive and motivating groups of friends. Any of you are more than welcome to add me. Please keep in mind that we all challenge each other and if you serious please send me a friend request.