Making water more appealing

Options
becoming88
becoming88 Posts: 23 Member
I hate water. It makes me nauseated. Does anyone have any suggestions for making water more appealing, other than the obvious lemon? Not interested in anything containing aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. Thanks! :)

Replies

• JoannaSlimming
    Options
    How about some pomegranate seeds?
  • cthumma68
    cthumma68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you don't have to do lemon. You can use any fruit or I have even used cucumbers.
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    lemon, lime, cucumber, mint and cranberries chopped up in a huge pitcher make water yummy. I usually refill the pitcher 3 times before throwing out these ingredients and making fresh. or u can chop these small and put in ice cube tray with water and freeze, use a couple ice cubes in your water, taste refreshing.
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    drink tea!

or buy an infuser jug off amazon. you can put whatever fruit in it and it'll help.

just change it up every now and again.
  • about_time_4_change
    about_time_4_change Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use Mio...it tastes super good and it helps me drink lots of water.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I like it cold and I drink more if I drink out of a straw. Also, there is water in a ton of stuff like coffee, tea, fruits, veggies, etc. You don't have to force yourself to drink water if you don't like it, just find an adequate mix of liquids and foods that keep you hydrated (as judged by the color of your urine).
  • bcdudley1
    bcdudley1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care for water that much either, however, for some reason, I found that when I put it in my blender bottle with crushed ice, it taste better. Maybe it is because some of the leftover taste from something I mixed in there, or maybe something else. Might be worth a try. I drink 10+ cups of water a day, but if I put it in a regular class or cup, I cannot stand it. In my blender bottle or even my Camelbak, I drink probably way more that I should.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Every time the kids or I eat a cutie, we save the peel to toss in Mom's water. Delicious!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Freeze it then drop cubes of it into Jack & Coke.
  • meatinthemiddle
    Options
    I use simply clear drink enhancer from wal mart...yummy and I HATe HATED WATER!
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options

That sounds like the best way to consume your water. Well, if you replace the Jack with a decent whiskey, anyway.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You can pretty much put in any kind of fruit into it. I do love lemon but I found that I happen to like cucumber in it a bit more as do my kids, adding fresh mint is good too. Some people have done sliced apples and cinnamon sticks...I personally freaked and couldn't drink it when I saw little chunks from the cinnamon floating in my cup, I am not a big fan of things other then ice floatingi n my drinks lol.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

That sounds like the best way to consume your water. Well, if you replace the Jack with a decent whiskey, anyway.
    If you're drinking a decent whisky, you shouldn't be putting coke or ice in it...
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options

If you're drinking a decent whisky, you shouldn't be putting coke or ice in it...

True, true.
  • becoming88
    becoming88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! I honestly thought I would get a bunch of "suck it up and just drink it" responses, lol. Thanks so much! I will try it all!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Op, I know you asked for suggestions without artificial sweeteners or flavorings, but I'm throwing this out. Maybe others will find the suggestion beneficial.

I cut my water with zero-calorie flavored sparkling water - about 1part sparkling water to 3parts water. A liter bottle of flavored water yields 4 liters of "lightly flavored", just enough flavor to not be "boring" water, which I drink throughout the day.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Great answer Matty
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Lipton brand has flavor packets---no aspartame as I do not consume it either!
    I am currently in love with the Lipton Green Tea and Honey with Mango Pineapple [flavor packets] YUM. I dislike water but I will drink 3 bottles of this stuff a day if I could :)
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    lemon, lime, cucumber, mint and cranberries chopped up in a huge pitcher make water yummy. I usually refill the pitcher 3 times before throwing out these ingredients and making fresh. or u can chop these small and put in ice cube tray with water and freeze, use a couple ice cubes in your water, taste refreshing.

This sounds lovely.
  • marfmellows
    Options
    I bought a soda stream and just stated carbonating all of my water and added lemon or just drinking it plain. Seriously, I HATE HATE HATE drinking plain water, but now I drink 5 L of the stuff a day!