Someone bring back these NOMS!

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they still make these but they're hard to find and impossible in the south. I think I'll order these for myself for my birthday. Mouthgasm.

Entenmann's Devil's Food Crumb Donuts.

1920570_10152210542445155_1748220708_n.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Ok...wow. I had no idea "Chi-Chi's" was a slang for boobs until I google imaged it....at work. Whoops..... Sooooo, anyway...totally miss Chi-Chi's restaurant in the US - it was my FAVORITE!!

Seafood chimichanga and fried ice cream for dessert.Our old Chi Chi's is a Hong Kong Buffet now.

Which Chi Chis (assuming in KC)? I grew up in Gladstone. Used to go to Chi Chi's on Barry Road.

The one in Independence, on 40 hwy, next to the sprawling shopping center that used to be Blue Ridge Mall.

ETA: It's also where I had my first margarita (and was only 19)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    user-image-1209313642_thumb.jpg

Oh man I used to love this cereal, especially the cones!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ok...wow. I had no idea "Chi-Chi's" was a slang for boobs until I google imaged it....at work. Whoops..... Sooooo, anyway...totally miss Chi-Chi's restaurant in the US - it was my FAVORITE!!

Seafood chimichanga and fried ice cream for dessert.Our old Chi Chi's is a Hong Kong Buffet now.

Which Chi Chis (assuming in KC)? I grew up in Gladstone. Used to go to Chi Chi's on Barry Road.

The one in Independence, on 40 hwy, next to the sprawling shopping center that used to be Blue Ridge Mall.

My first apartment after college was right there - Whispering something or other... right by Garozzos and what was it, Fun Time Pizza? Happy Time Pizza? What the heck was the name of that place?
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Does alcohol count?

1_123125_2152319_2180454_2204595_081126_drink_zima.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

My first apartment after college was right there - Whispering something or other... right by Garozzos and what was it, Fun Time Pizza? Happy Time Pizza? What the heck was the name of that place?

Whispering Lake are the apartments off of 43rd and Sterling. The one across from Garozzo's, right by Fun House Pizza, is Burning Tree. A friend of mine used to live in Burning Tree apts. Fun House is still the best pizza in KC, apart from Minsky's. They don't do live bands there anymore though, but they still have Pac Man, Galaga, and Centipede.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Does alcohol count?

1_123125_2152319_2180454_2204595_081126_drink_zima.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

"cheerleader beer"

I used to mix it with vodka, back in the day...
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Does alcohol count?

"cheerleader beer"

I used to mix it with vodka, back in the day...

I just found a bottle of this while cleaning out my sisters new house. No joke. It was miscolored and would not even think to drink it, but it did bring back some memories. We used to put jolly ranchers in ours. :bigsmile:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Whispering Lake are the apartments off of 43rd and Sterling. The one across from Garozzo's, right by Fun House Pizza, is Burning Tree. A friend of mine used to live in Burning Tree apts. Fun House is still the best pizza in KC, apart from Minsky's. They don't do live bands there anymore though, but they still have Pac Man, Galaga, and Centipede.

Clearly I drank too much Zima during that time period that I can't remember the name of my apartment complex or the pizza place right up the street. Yeah for Minkskys! LOL on cheerleader beer I was a cheerleader at Mo State (back when it was still SMSU). We added grenadine or jolly ranchers to our Zima's.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Choco Tacos!

A picture would be too tempting. I wouldn't do that to y'all.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Crystal-pepsi.jpg
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they still make these but they're hard to find and impossible in the south. I think I'll order these for myself for my birthday. Mouthgasm.

Entenmann's Devil's Food Crumb Donuts.

1920570_10152210542445155_1748220708_n.jpg

Where in the South are you?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Clearly I drank too much Zima during that time period that I can't remember the name of my apartment complex or the pizza place right up the street. Yeah for Minkskys! LOL on cheerleader beer I was a cheerleader at Mo State (back when it was still SMSU). We added grenadine or jolly ranchers to our Zima's.

I was at SMSU from fall 95 to fall 96, in between two stints at CMSU. I actually partied very little in Springfield, as compared to Warrensburg, where I found drugs & booze to be plentiful, cheap and easy to come by. :laugh:

(ETA: I should add that in Springfield, I wasn't looking for them. I was actually trying to get clean at that time.)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

ehmagerd...MINSKY'S so glad it's still around ;-)
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Shaped trix, I don't support the new spherical blasphemy

48E2B37C-19DD-4C5B-835D-6EC6A89EC841.jpg

Trix were originally little round balls. They are just going back to their roots.

Excuse me, my age is showing.

Yeah, when I saw her post, I thought to myself......."Yep, this must be a young one..........calling the sphere's 'new'".
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Choco Tacos!

A picture would be too tempting. I wouldn't do that to y'all.

The Taco Time near me still has them.

13752636.jpg
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    jello-pudding-pops-bill-cosby.jpg

OMG yes a thousand times. I miss those things.

I was at Target the other day and saw they had Pudding Pops and did a mild freak-out in the frozen food aisle "OMGPUDDINGPOPSMUSTBUYSOME!!" and frightened everyone around me (they obviously didn't understand the awesomeness that was Pudding Pops). But then I noticed they weren't the original Jell-o brand ones and would probably taste like crap and bitter disappointment, so I chose not to buy them.

Was it Kemps?

FC-PudPops-ChVan-big1.jpg

My husband got really excited about them too so we bought them. Meh. I don't like them at all. He liked the vanilla but there were only two in the box. Would not buy again.

Yes, they were the Kemps ones! Thanks for the heads up on how meh they are. I'll save myself the few bucks and the bitter disappointment aftertaste. :laugh:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    1054233868_18909.jpg

My kids ate these. We still have the bowls somewhere.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Not one mention of 3D doritos. I'm disappointed.

Doritos-3D-ZR.jpg
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    rax-01.jpg