Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options
Hi! I have recently recommitted to MFP. I would love team up with any other short gals that are new and those who are having success. Support, motivation and idea sharing. TEAM is Together Everyone Achieves More! I am almost 5'2 and weigh 179. My goal is to get to 130 which is probably more than the charts say I should weigh but I want a realistic target!

Replies

• Tammy0175
    Tammy0175 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm with you , I'm short also 5'3 and I have a lot of weight to lose, I just recently joined mfp again and hopefully stick to it this time...Good luck
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 131.5lbs want to drop a little more.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and at 130 am 5 pounds from goal. My highest ever weight was 174. I went from a couch potato to being a runner.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently 202...started MFP at about 219. I would like to get to 140. Feel free to add me!
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'1 (: my goals would definitely be unreasonable for many people of my height, but for my metabolism and body type, they're right. I'm trying to get back to 95 pounds by the end of April (: I ate a lot this winter when a family member of mine passed away and need to get that ten pounds back off.
  • jovanna314
    jovanna314 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 2.75" and have been using MFP for about 3 months this time around. Congrats on joining and starting your journey :smile:
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 -- started last year at 163 and got down to 123 but now am maintaining about 127-129 because I upped my calories and cut back some of the exercise due to time constraints (and motivation). I am happy the size I am right now -- would like to stay closer to 125 but this is okay for me. I'm running half marathons so had to cut back frequency/duration of some of my runs to prevent overtraining injuries. Feel free to send a friend invite or check out my diary. I suggest you open your diaries if you haven't already -- logging increases success but the other folks on this program often have really good suggestions. Everybody has to figure out what works best for them, but hearing options was useful for me.
  • Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and hope to be 150 lbs. Started @ 178.
  • meme287
    meme287 Posts: 16
    Options
    HI am 5'1 AND looking to "lose" a person or 2 in weight!! feel free to add me:laugh:
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Just shy of 5"3 here, and looking to get down to about 115. However my goal is negotiable as long as I'm healthy and happy with how I look. =] Sent you a request and anyone else is more than welcome to add me
  • cyncynmar
    cyncynmar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 1/2, shrunk 1/2 inch in the last year :-/ (the joys of getting old) goal is 140, lost 12 pds so far, started at 191.....feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'1 (: my goals would definitely be unreasonable for many people of my height, but for my metabolism and body type, they're right. I'm trying to get back to 95 pounds by the end of April (: I ate a lot this winter when a family member of mine passed away and need to get that ten pounds back off.
    Is your goal weight really 80 lbs? And you're doing the ABC diet?
  • RobinLynx
    RobinLynx Posts: 60
    Options
    5'3" & 120 lbs--reached goal weight Monday a week ago, down from 180, but didn't find out about myfitnesspal until late in the game, am still kinda new here. Great to see everyone! Feel free to add me if you like, y'all--I'm boring :yawn: .... but it'll make your lives more exciting by comparison :happy:
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    5'2" with goal of 130, too. I wanted to pick something that seemed more realistic to start as well. Once I get there, I re-evaluate. Feel free to add me.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 23 5'3 150lbs down from 175 lbs after 1st baby heaviest I been 192 day I gave birth my gw is 140 and ultimate gw 125-135 depending on my body
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

This is a bit concerning. 95 lbs. is a BMI of 17.95, underweight. And the profile shows a UGW (ultimate goal weight) of 80lbs?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Shorty here, 5'3".

Met my goal weight last year, now just having fun with fitness and seeing what my body does with my training. Weighing in at 126lbs right now and on a new nutrition plan for the next 6 weeks. I'm excited~
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think I just made it in at 5'3"! I'm 128 lb but mostly looking to lose fat and build muscle at this point, specifically would like to get down to 18% BF. I know that as i accomplish those goals I will naturally lose a little more weight, so I'm figuring somewhere around 120-125 is a good ultimate goal.
  • xxhieixx
    xxhieixx Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 161lbs, started at 175. Trying to hit 125...hoping to be there by the end of the year :) feel free to add me
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Currently 156. Goal is 130 but would love to be 125. Lets do this!