Must have desert after dinner

Options

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of hot chocolate with marshmallows every night before bed. Keeps me in line (and sane).
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you are craving carbohydrates AFTER a meal, it's because you didn't have enough DURING a meal. Fighting a sweet tooth is crazy; we have a sweet tooth for a reason. Eat some more fruit before or during your meal, and you will not crave anything after the meal.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    If you are craving carbohydrates AFTER a meal, it's because you didn't have enough DURING a meal. Fighting a sweet tooth is crazy; we have a sweet tooth for a reason. Eat some more fruit before or during your meal, and you will not crave anything after the meal.

Unless you're me and eat fruit all day and then have ice cream at night ;)
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Just pre-plan a sweet treat into your day. I almost always have something sweet after dinner. It's not a problem at all unless you have a medical requirement to minimise sugar.
  • suzyfrancoise
    suzyfrancoise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello with mini marshmellows added.
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just pre-plan a sweet treat into your day. I almost always have something sweet after dinner. It's not a problem at all unless you have a medical requirement to minimise sugar.

That is a good idea. I started doing that and it seems to go well. Thanks :D
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way but I see no need to get rid of the craving - I eat some chocolate, a popsicle, ice cream, vitatops muffin, fruit with whipped cream, mini cheesecakes, etc.
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I always have to have something sweet after a meal so I warm up a quest protein bar. Chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry are my favs. They are amazing warmed and satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets every day. Normally I save a hundred or so calories for before bed and have a pudding cup or something low cal but sweet. What's wrong with that? I figure it helps me get closer to my calcium requirement :)
  • bethwr1
    bethwr1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We recently discovered diet orange soda with a packet of sweetener and 1\4cup of plain, Greek yogurt. Put it in a blender with some ice cubes. really yummy!!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Fruit would never do it for me. I'd eat the fruit then rummage in the kitchen eating anything I could until I get something sweet. I have ice cream, pudding, cookies, etc. and fit it into my macros.

My question is: Why would you want to stop having dessert? Do you think on your deathbed you'll say, "Gee, I wish I'd deprived myself of more things I enjoy" or will you think, "Wow am I ever glad that I stopped as often as I could and enjoyed the things I was privileged enough to have?"

I think I'll have another piece of chocolate. Then log it. :happy:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    For all the Canadians out there: Liberte 9% MF Mediterranee yogourt. Lime flavour. OK, so not very low in calories 3/4C= 240.... but seriously the most delicious dessert ever! I mix it with regular plain Greek Yogourt 0% so it's not quite as sweet and a bit lower in calories while it's a good protein source.
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    sugar free jello with mini marshmellows added.

Oh yum! Or a couple of tablespoons of sugar free whipped topping.
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    I eat dessert every day after dinner! I just make sure I have calories left in the day to eat what I want. I am a chocoholic so it's usually half of an organic chocolate bar or something like that. I love the natural chocolate bars because they are still healthy for you and even MORE delicious than regular Cadbury, Mars, etc brands. I can't even eat those anymore because they taste like crap compared to the real stuff. My fave natural brands are Giddy Yo Yo (yes, really lol), Endangered Species, Theobroma, and Nakid. They are usually around 200 cals for half a bar (a good portion), and the Theobroma bars are 170ish. I love them and totally a great after dinner treat that's still good for you!
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert almost every night. My current favourite is tinned pie apples drenched in cinnamon sugar with dollops of thick Greek yogurt. I big bowl is only around 150 cals
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You do it by not thinking about it or not physically going to the fridge, opening the door, reaching your hand in to get something, taking it out and putting it in to your mouth. There you go, there are potentially 6 things you have to do to get a dessert. It shouldnt be that difficult to stop sometimes.
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yeah your right. I need more control over this. Thanks :)
  • craftywitch_63
    Options
    You do it by not thinking about it or not physically going to the fridge, opening the door, reaching your hand in to get something, taking it out and putting it in to your mouth. There you go, there are potentially 6 things you have to do to get a dessert. It shouldnt be that difficult to stop sometimes.

Yes, you could do this but

7FcXwE1.gif
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dessert was a given after every meal in our house when I was growing up, same as my DH. Consequently, we both developed the mentality that dinner isn't 'over' until we've had something sweet. So what we do is each have one Dove Dark Chocolate Promise (42 cal.) together every night. It satisfies our sweet tooth without blowing my calorie budget. I love sharing these sweet little moments with him. We always read and share the little messages on the inside of the wrapper too. hehe
  • Allyvegan
    Allyvegan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    1 small piece of dark chocolate! (or 2) :)