This is disturbing...

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
And, she warns, an “awareness of cleanses at a very young age could lead to eating disorder behaviors.”

http://nypost.com/2014/04/01/debate-sparks-over-the-growing-number-of-kids-on-juice-cleanses/

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Wrong and disturbing on so many levels.. wow
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    GkPFl.gif
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Yes this is very disturbing!

Its bad enough that adults do this type of thing to themselves but for a kid to be exposed to this kind of lifestyle.
    And they are kids GD!! I wonder what kind of adults these "health focused" 6 year olds will turn into!

DR OZ!!

"The [kids are] quoting Dr. Oz to me,” says Gonzalez. “[But] unless you’re doing [a medical procedure such as] a colonic [or a] colonoscopy, kids need to eat."
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Wow, these people are being robbed, and they aren't doing their kids any favors. Although I don't think there is anything wrong with the kids drinking the juices...to replace meals with them? No way.
  • helizi
    helizi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    up to $80 a day

:noway:

But I'm not at all surprised. Our society has such a dysfunctional relationship with food, of course our kids are going to pick that up. Sad.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So yea, I'm in for a big NO on the "up to $80 PER DAY!!!" whaaaaat? Insane!

But this too ...

"markets a set of four Children’s Cleanse liquid extracts for $99 that are meant to be paired with a raw diet and promise “to nourish and cleanse” everything from the lungs and liver to the adrenals and colon. The program is aimed at kids ages 2 to 12, and can be customized for up to 14 days."

Really?

Why do ppl need to "cleanse" -- our bodies do that already. Just cut the junk if you want to feel more "healthy."

And for kids TWO to 12 -- for up to 14 freakin' days??!!!

Seriously, so absurd.
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This could almost be classed as child abuse, something really needs to be done with these industries:(
  • Sad_Grandpa
    Sad_Grandpa Posts: 129
    Options
    This makes me even sadder.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lm5bvelvTL1qercd3o1_500.gif
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    That is appalling.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Charlatanism prevails.....
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm disgusted. Sincerely.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    This is all kinds of wrong!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    My kids would kill me in my sleep if I did this to them.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    $600 for a juice cleanse?! Holy crap.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll say it. This IS child abuse. It may not rise to the level of a legal infringement, but it is abuse, even if it is abuse that stems from ignorance and not cruelty. Someone depriving their kid of food and making sure that they have "cleanse" induced diarrhea for two weeks....
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll say it. This IS child abuse. It may not rise to the level of a legal infringement, but it is abuse, even if it is abuse that stems from ignorance and not cruelty. Someone depriving their kid of food and making sure that they have "cleanse" induced diarrhea for two weeks....

I think if it's a teenager making their own conscious decision to do it, it's not child abuse even if it's facilitated by the parent. But for a 4 year old? I agree, it's negligence on the parent's part if they don't give their child actual food.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I think if it's a teenager making their own conscious decision to do it, it's not child abuse even if it's facilitated by the parent. But for a 4 year old? I agree, it's negligence on the parent's part if they don't give their child actual food.

If you choose to have children someday, you will likely see that there isn't as much difference between a teenager and a younger child as you think there is right now. That's one reason that there are statutory rape laws... teen brains aren't adult brains.
  • ublanchard
    Options

"markets a set of four Children’s Cleanse liquid extracts for $99 that are meant to be paired with a raw diet and promise “to nourish and cleanse” everything from the lungs and liver to the adrenals and colon. The program is aimed at kids ages 2 to 12, and can be customized for up to 14 days."

Oh my word, two year olds? Kids that young need significant nutrition including fat for their bodies and brains to develop properly. This nonsense can have permanent damage on the development of these children. It sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, two year olds on a juice cleanse.