Sweating for the Wedding, anyone?

Options

Replies

• Riss2010
    Riss2010 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am sweating for the wedding too!! Getting married in July 2015, so now I'm planning to get on the right track & stick to a good lifestyle / healthy plan! Everyone feel free to add me, I can def use the motivation & positivity :smile: Good luck on everyone's goals!
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yes and no.... Not my own (I got married this last July). :)

I'm getting in shape for myself BUT my cousin is getting married in October and I haven't seen my moms side of the family really much since my mom passed away in 2003... And I was big big back then... So I'm hoping to be at a noticeable difference by October when I see them all at her wedding.
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We were going to get married this year, but pushed it back for finances. But it definately motivates me to push harder
  • JTOct25
    JTOct25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Getting married Oct. 25th, 2014. :)

Good luck, everyone!
  • sp1nn3r86
    sp1nn3r86 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm sweating for my wedding too. Originally our date was 15 November 2014 but we've had to cancel. I'm not too bothered as it gives me more time to get my weight under control. I want to feel good in my own skin. So not just for my wedding, but for my life. We have been together for years and have struggled for 5 years through infertility. I'm hoping that losing weight might improve our chances of having a little family of our own. I've only been tracking thru mfp for 9 days and it's helped greatly. Feel free to add me too. Would love to meet others who have the same goals like me.

SW: 105kg (231 pounds)
    CW: 103.1kg (227 pounds)
    UGW: 60kg (132 pounds)
  • Rebecca4055
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight for my daughters wedding in November 2014. My goal is to lose 25 pounds.
  • meagandawn88
    Options
    Good luck! I know it's hard to get out there and get your but moving to lose weight. I'm trying to lose 35-40. I wish I could just snap my fingers.
  • keddabee
    keddabee Posts: 81
    Options
    Hey I'm Kerry from NZ. I"m also sweating for the wedding... well not so much sweating! I'm not a huge fan of sweating my butt off at the gym!
    I'm got 40kg or 88lbs to loose before our wedding in March 2015! Cant wait, am so excited :)
    I wasn't going to loose any weight for the wedding but I thought why not! This is probably the only thing that has really motivated me to loose weight. I've even found a dress that looks perfect on me as I am but nope, I've decided I'm going to loose the weight. I want the shock factor hehe

Good luck ladies!!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting married on the 5th June. :-)

Heyyyy good day!! :-D My birthday! Does being a bridesmaid mean I'm sweating for the wedding? It's just not my own! My husband and I are in some good friends' of ours wedding in the Dominican Republic in June. Dress is ordered and was stupid to have ordered a size smaller! (It was only 1/2 inch smaller than my actual measurements, so I thought psshhh that's it? I can lose that off my hips in no time!) So now it's time to hit the gym and get sweatin!!
  • cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm going two-fold here. My best friend from college is getting married 9/13/14, so I definitely want to look good when I go to that and then my man and I are looking to get married in the next year or maybe 18 months. (no set date yet)

SW (highest was 255)
    CW 227
    GW 150 and we'll see how it goes
  • Amson19
    Amson19 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm getting married on Oct 4th as well! Congratulations to all you beautiful brides/moms/friends!
    Hoping to lose around a pound a week or 20lbs by then. Trying to be realistic so I don't get frustrated.
    Feel free to add me to help each other stay on track! :)
  • beekaki
    beekaki Posts: 12
    Options
    Question for you. If you plan on dieting and losing weight....when do you start buying your dress?!?
    I'm puzzled. I was a nice tulle skirt and top. I have to order it online but I'm wondering when to pass
    my order.

I started losing weight Jan 13th. Already very loose in my size 18....

What are you doing? When are you buying?
  • morganrene1
    morganrene1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you find a group to join? I'd love to join one, too!!! 30lbs by Nov 7 is my goal!!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oct 31st here!! Same reasons for getting my butt in shape! That dress is gonna look EPIC. =D

That's amazing. I totally want to get married on Halloween whenever I actually get married. BEST HOLIDAY EVER.
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Getting Married 8/2/14 I only have 4 months left and am on track to lose about 35lbs by then. My end goal is 100lbs thought!
  • allstarlolo
    Options
    Hey fellow brides-to-be! Getting married June 21st of this year! Feel free to add me!
  • AmandaDutra
    Options
    Hi ladies! Im getting married May 31, so soon! I moved a couple of months ago and regained all of my weight but I have been kicking my butt into gear since January, feel free to add me!

SW - 149
    CW - 140
    GW - 135 to 130 (I think ill decide when I get there if Im happy at 135)

:D
  • Kimber250
    Kimber250 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    So good to see this huge group of motivated women! We seem to all have our eye on the prize~ that stunning pose and photo on our day!
    My goals are lofty, ill admit... but I am really just trying to change my habits.. I have bad habits.. trying to make them better..the better habits im trying to focus on.. drinking more water, log everything I put in my mouth, and rethink my choices and just simply eat less!

Eating less is my biggest downfall... my portion sizes are out of control.. its not what I eat, its HOW DAMN MUCH! lol....I wont be gentle here.... I know this is true, I watched myself yesterday in fact... I started making a small salad,,,, started with a cereal bowl size, but after adding all the fixin's I was hungry for, it was almost a mixing bowl size!! WHOA~~~
    I dumped half into a different bowl...I couldn't believe I did that....

Its all about habit... I eat good food...just too much...

what are your habits you should break?
  • weightliftinggirl
    weightliftinggirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been a member for a long time, but am just getting back into eating healthy. I seemed to have done well then got distracted and I'm back where I started now.

I am getting married on June 28th this yeas! (so exciting!!)

CW 160
    GW 140

I am hoping to lose 20 pounds for my wedding :)
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on June 28th as well! Anyone can add me, I'd like to lose at least a little bit before then but I've already bought my dress and I don't want it to fall off! haha anyone, please seriously add me! I need motivation too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!