Eat what you want

Options

Replies

• sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I eat a crap load of food and fortunately manage to keep gaining mass.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For the most part I eat what I want however what I want has changed a lot.

This! Absolutely this...and the "junk" is much more in moderation when I do have it.
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    This thread is super inspirational. Hopefully one day I can join the ranks of the big losers here and still be able to enjoy some ice cream along the way. :bigsmile:
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    76 and I'm in :drinker:
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Still on my journey, but I've lost 33lbs so far & still eat / drink everything I did before. I even have soda (gasp!) daily... It's essentially my candy bar ????
  • mcbc1611
    mcbc1611 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat exactly what I've always eaten...just in moderation and added fruit and vegetables also. I started counting calories on Sept. 1st and have lost 100lbs. It does work...but moderation is the key.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Who truly eats what they want, but in moderation and lost a large amount of weight?

I have always eaten what I want and still do. I just eat a lot less of it these days. I just want things that most people consider " healthy " food. It's a cultural thing. I don't know if it's a large amount for you, but during the last year lost 50 pounds and plan losing another 40-50.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm here, down 67 and still losing. I agree with whomever said that what they want has changed over time, that's certainly been the case for me. But it's all portion control and moderation these days :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Over here!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love my own cooking, so that helps in the eating what I want.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, in moderation. What I want has changed a little bit - my habits and tastes have changed a little as I've gone on. My overall diet is much more balanced and more nutritious than it was, but I only made gradual changes that I can really live with. And, I still eat chocolate, pizza, real butter, bread, cheese, white (!) pasta, brownies etc etc.. whatever I want really. I've focused on adding more good stuff in rather than cutting things out.
  • DeniseR79
    DeniseR79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I eat what I want to. But I will say the longer I stick with this the more I notice what I want to eat changes. Whatever the food though I make sure to measure/weight it and keep it in moderation. The more I passed up those foods the more I craved them and found myself struggling. Having just a little bit of them has really kept my on track and feeling satisfied. :smile:
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Thank u guys very inspiring!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Who truly eats what they want, but in moderation and lost a large amount of weight?

Me, although depends what you call 'large amount'. I did 2.5 stone in 5 months.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :glasses:
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat what I want, I just count calories. Yes, I should look at other metrics too but I know damn well I'm never going to stick to that so I just keep the calorie count down.
    ]

This for me too. I could never keep my macros in line.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Here.
    I learned that if something is "forbidden" I won't stop thinking about it. If I really want something, I fit it into my macros for the day.
  • equestrian_girl
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, these people clearly want to eat broccoli and quinoa and chia seeds and wheat grass.........

If I got to eat what I wanted, and still stay close to my defecit calories, I would basically get like 1 scoop of ice cream, 6 fries, 2 cheese sticks, a slice of toast, and that would be my entire day right there. Can you say STARVED!?!? You can't get full enough on junk food within a certain caloric range!

With that said, depending on what your defecit is, you probably could eat a handful of bad things a week and still lose!! I do it :D
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, these people clearly want to eat broccoli and quinoa and chia seeds and wheat grass.........

If I got to eat what I wanted, and still stay close to my defecit calories, I would basically get like 1 scoop of ice cream, 6 fries, 2 cheese sticks, a slice of toast, and that would be my entire day right there. Can you say STARVED!?!? You can't get full enough on junk food within a certain caloric range!

With that said, depending on what your defecit is, you probably could eat a handful of bad things a week and still lose!! I do it :D

If that's all you can eat, you're not eating enough calories anyway.

I have pizza, candy, tacos, ice cream, etc, all. the. time. Maybe not all on the same day though. Today, I want spaghetti. So I'm having spaghetti and meat sauce for lunch. What did I change about it though? Well, I logged the calories. I'm only eating 3 oz instead of the 6-8 I used to eat. I added extra meat to the sauce for more protein. But I hardly changed what I eat. Heck, it's even white pasta.

It truly is all about moderation. If I choose to eat a 900 calorie slice of cheesecake, I will. But I might be hungry that day, because that was half my calories haha. But I'm not going to cut things out of my life. I love food WAY too much.

I feel really sad for the people who WANT to include their favorite foods, but think they're not allowed. Those are the people that tend to fail at losing weight. If you want a candy bar, eat the darn candy bar and move on.

ETA: To be clearer: I eat what I want, just not always in the amount I want. I actually stick to a serving size of candy instead of eating the whole bag. No, I cannot have pizza, and tacos, and spaghetti, and candy bars, and ice cream all in the same day and meet my deficit. But I can have one a day, and then I don't have to miss out on anything.