IF YOU COULD TURN BACK TIME

Options

Replies

• Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Not to open up a whole new can of worms here, but to those of you that have lost loved one's to tragic accidents - Would you convince them to not walk out the door that day? Or possibly delay their departure long enough to hopefully avoid whatever happened to them after they left?

I don't think so. Everything happens for a reason. Three of my nieces were involved in the wreck, two didn't survive but one did. I feel like they watch over her (and the rest of our family) from Heaven. It's bittersweet but I wouldn't change the outcome I don't think.

Very interesting perspective! I'm not sure I would be able to let someone walk out the door knowing what awaited them.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would go back to yesterday morning and take another way to work, so I would miss the major accident I was in. It would save me money and the headache of trying to find transportation while my car is in the shop. :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    two trips

1st - to 17yrs and tell myself he won't change and get out
    2nd - 29yrs - don't get into that relationship and save yourself so much hurt and pain that has lasted 10 yrs and will until you die and go for the guy who is after you as he is the one who will never go away and hurt you like the others have

but these have made me who i am today and i got two beautiful children who love me no matter what :heart:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Get married to who I did, when I did.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    cher_if_i_could_turn_back_time1.jpg
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    TICKLEBEAR%28TICKLEBEAR%29-CHER-%28IF_I_COULD_TURN_BACK_TIME%29.jpg

I was SO about to belt out this song!!!
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Stupid copy paste
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Groundhog-Day-If-you-could-turn-back-time-and-tweak-a-day-would-you.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Options
    For personal reasons, I would go back to 1995 and take a different path. That would change a lot.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I've done a TON of crap I shouldn't have but if I didn't do them, I wouldn't have what I have today. So I'm not sure I'd change anything.

One thing: I should've gone away to college and slored it up.
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Two things.

Ok maybe three.

I would have walked home from school all 4 years in high school instead of taking the bus home. It was 3 miles to walk home. That walk 5 days a week would have made me a much healthier person.

I would have finished college when I started. I agree with others, it's not too late but life is hectic and I need to find time to get it done.

I lost my BFF when we were both 23. I would love to sit, talk and laugh with her again...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This question is always one of those slippery slopes, the whole line of thinking "If I didn't do A, then B wouldn't have happened" and so on. I'll put that aside for the moment and say that I wish I'd never married my ex husband and waited to marry much later in life when I met my current husband. The past marriage wasn't terrible or abusive or anything...it was just kind of pointless in the long run and we weren't deeply in love with one another.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Started weight loss way earlier.

Stayed with my family when they moved away.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would never have started smoking. (I quit a long time ago, but still have a few if I'm drinking.)
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    what-do-we-want-time-travel-when-do-we-want-it-its-irrelevant.jpg
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I would have loaned money to Sam Walton and bought stock in Wal-Mart at the ground floor.

and...I would have taken the Blue pill

redblue_pill.jpg
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    cher-if-i-could-turn-back-time-o.gif

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    (Age 19) I wish I had the guts to get rid of him before I moved in with boyfriend A
    (Age 24) I wish I had trusted my initial instincts and hadn't got involved with boyfriend B