Anyone have experience with TRX

Options
I took a sample class at my local Y and I really liked it. They have 7 week classes. Has anyone taken these classes? Do they help tone and with weight loss? Any feedback would be great Thanks

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    TRX is awesome! Class will of course depend on the quality of the teacher. I go to a boutique TRX only gym and it is a great workout (they are always changing it). Best part is they make me focus on things I would otherwise ignore (like my core).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is dependent on a calorie deficit.

But TRX is a good resistance training program and one you can purchase the equipment yourself and do at home. I think it's about $120 for the home version.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'd say do it! I've never done an actual "TRX"-brand class, so I don't know what workouts they do, but I do total body conditioning classes that use almost identical suspension trainers. I've been doing it on average 3x/week since early January, and it's been great for my body. No specific workout is going to do much for weight loss though - I still only lose weight if I'm eating in a calorie deficit - but even though my eating wasn't consistent for the past month, I'm SO much stronger than when I started.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Think I might just go for it and sign up...It will help build my core as well as flexibility.. so the brochure says