waist measurements(females only )

Options
124»

Replies

• chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    At the narrowest point, I am 28 inches. I am 5'3", 132 lbs.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I measure the narrowest part.
    I am 5'10, 135Ibs and my waist is 25.5 inches.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    At this point I am only measuring at my natural waist.

5'6"
    160# as of 3/23/2014
    36.5" as of 3/15/2014
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I come from a background in healthcare so I measure approx. 2 inches above the hip bone, which is pretty much at my navel. This is where measurements should be to determine disease risk, and maintaining good health is my #1 goal.

ETA: I am 52 yo, about 163 lb, waist is about 31.5 inches. My goal is to get waist < 30 and I'd like lose about 15 lbs. But I'm not all that concerned with my weight. I'm focusing on fitness right now and letting the weight do it's own thing.
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i have education in tailoring. in dressmaking, we measure the spot that creases when you bend over sideways. so bend over sideways, and the place where your skin creases will be your 'natural' waist. :)
  • thkdiff
    thkdiff Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Does anyone measure themselves tightly versus loosely with the tape measure? I know that can make a huge difference in inches, obviously the tighter the less inches ;0) ;/.
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The waist Is the narrowest part. Im 5'7, 185 pounds, and my waist is 37 inches. So far i've only lost 2 pounds but im gonna give it my all and hopefully lose 20-30 before summer.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always just did the most narrow part. I also measure my hips, but for waist it was easier for me to get it right every time, measuring the narrowest part.

I'm 5'8", 196lbs with a 31" waist.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I measure at the narrowest point, but I also track my measurement at the point right below my bellybutton because that's where I carry the most of my fat and I want to track if it's getting smaller. You can add custom measurement points to MFP! I also track my 'true hips' which is the widest part of my body over my butt, and my 'hips' at my hip bones bc I also carry fat at my love handles so I track that. Plus thighs, arms, under breasts, over breasts.

I am 5'8", over the past 2.25 years I have: started at 150 lbs and a 28" waist, lost down to 130 and was 24.5" waist, and now I've gained muscle and am 143 lbs with a 25.5" waist.

It's amazing what a difference muscle can make! Almost the same weight as my 'before' but my body is 100% different!
  • SuperWhoLock24601
    SuperWhoLock24601 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Narrowest point/ natural waist. 27 inches :)
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    my waist doesn't really go in that much, and since i gain weight in my abdomen fast, it's not really "small". Anyway, currently my measurements are 39" bust, 35" waist, 42" hips. My underbust is the same measurement as my waist. I kinda go straight down before flaring out at the hips, lol.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My narrowest point is currently 25". I started off at 26". I have an hourglass figure, my bust is 36" and my hips are currently 37". My "normal" measurements are usually 34-24-36, which is my goal.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I measure the narrowest point for my regular waist measurements and then I measure the fattest part because I feel like that's more important to worry about. I don't care about the tiny part if the rest is still fat. :tongue:

This! I think measuring at the narrowest point is great for an ego boost, but pretty unrelated to measuring ones overall loss.
  • abbierodger
    Options
    Over a year ago I was 30lbs heavier and am now 108lbs 33-23-32 started 35-27-36
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    well im well over compared to all y measurements are 36 31 37 and im 135 pounds 5 ft 4 why is my waist sooo big???? surely it should be less
  • jessmar123
    jessmar123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I measure my waist at the narrowest part. I'm 5'7" started at 237 pounds now down to 126 pounds. My measurements are 34 bust 26 waist, 35 hips.
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    I measure at the narrowest part of my waist, around my belly button. I started at 29 inches and have gotten to 25!
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Narrowest part. I have high hips which end where my navel is. It's kind of difficult to measure at navel level because from there my hips curve into my waist and if I try to measure the tape tends to slight up and no matter how carefully I try to measure the numbers are not consistent.
    Anyway, I am 5'9, 139lbs ( 63kg) and narrowest part of my waist is 27.8" (70.5cm)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!