How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• mijobuel
    mijobuel Posts: 3
    Options
    There is a post in the recipe section called Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes, they are so good and they fill you up.
  • bub_snig86
    bub_snig86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started putting it in my smoothies! It doesn't have as much tang as greek yogurt and really makes it creamy!

I usually will do 1 scoop protein, 1 banana, 1/4-1/2 cup cottage cheese (4% fat), and berries. It is fabulous and a TON of protein.

OMG I am stealing this idea. I love the sound of it.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    With Pineapple and Salad
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    With a little smidge of strawberry preserves. Yum!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump, I have a tub of it sitting in my fridge right now, thanks
  • wxbeauty123
    wxbeauty123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have mixed mine with yogurt. And many of the above responses and some I want to try.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My great grandmother used to always eat it with brown sugar. I just eat it plain or berries on the side.

But seeing all posts, I honestly never thought of trying it with a more savory flare. That's definitely something to explore upon, thanks!
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese with vanilla greek yogurt, flavored protein powder, fruits, jam, peanut butter, etc. Not all at once, though. :tongue: But it generally includes a mix of something to give it a sweeter flavor base and some fruit like berries.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Not all cottage cheese is created equal. I only like 2% and in certain brands. You might want to try a different brand and fat content and see if it tastes better.

I just sprinkle paprika on mine for decoration.
  • ChrisRiches
    ChrisRiches Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Pineapple.

This.
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On a ryvita with some tobasco sauce and some cucumber :D
  • Xaudelle
    Xaudelle Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    With raisins. And walnuts.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Sometimes with some fruit like peaches or pineapple.
    Sometimes with cashews and a little black pepper.
    Sometimes as a side to my spaghetti.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I eat cottage cheese with tomatoes and black pepper almost every morning. I'm not a big fan of sweet stuff with my cottage cheese, but most of the savory ideas sound amazing!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'll occasionally mix in a tablespoon of clover honey. :love:
  • enoliaa
    enoliaa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has more protein, is more filling and tastier. I stopped eating cottage since I tried Greek,,,
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i dont eat cottage cheese ..greek yogurt for me ..there was a time i did eat the cottage cheese but i put fruit in it or ate it plain
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    Plain for me! Or sometimes I add some salt and pepper and eat with club crackers.
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There are lots and lots of brands and types. Most, I will not eat, I find them terrible. My favorite, by a new york state dairy, Friendship! the very best. I eat it right out the container. In fact, it is like candy, i avoid it!!!! I think it is some of the best stuff on earth. generic, soupy stuff, is just nasty.
  • FatBlackUgly
    Options
    Yellow mustard is delicious on cottage cheese. That or just fresh ground black pepper.