How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I like it with apple butter. but cottage cheese has less protein than greek yogurt and more sodium, so i am staying away from cottage cheese...
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    And, don't eat stuff you do not like. No point in it. It is not like Cottage Cheese is a free food or a miracle food. Far to many great things out there to eat besides it. This topic makes me think it is like work!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I tried this because I had at a salad bar and thought wonderful. Mix 1 cup with 1 T of any flavor of sugar free jello. I had orange jello and mandarin oranges.
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    In 4 one-ounce shot glasses.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It never even occurred to me to eat it any way but plain. :p
  • babymari99
    Options
    I used to think cottage cheese was gross but then my boyfriend made me try it and i love it. I've never had it with fruit but i know a lot of people do I'm not sure but i see it as more of a topping for savory food rather than sweet. Anyways my mother in law makes a really good tomato flavored soup and she puts the cottage cheese in it and now i am addicted to it my daughter loves it too. I also have eaten it in lasagna it gives it a more creamier cheesy taste. That's how i eat it usually but i will have to try some other recipes. :)
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Either with pepper, chives and onion powder or cinnamon and Splenda
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I dont. Nasty stuff.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just add pepper but now I have some great ideas.
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I plan on incorporating cottage cheese into my diet since it's a good source of protein, and I'm just wondering, how do you eat yours?

Plain cottage cheese is just weird tasting in my opinion, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

I LOVE non fat cottage cheese and it taste best with honey!!! Or you can add cinnamon, honey and blueberries or honey, starwberries and granola harvest crunch cereal OR fiber 1 cereal. My God it tastes way too goooooood!
  • bheili
    bheili Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to mix in a little bit of Italian seasoning with fresh diced tomatoes. It tastes kind of like caprese. Of course it is better with fresh basil if you have that on hand.

I also have recently started mixing it with a tablespoon of tapenade and use it as a dip.
  • nangytime
    Options
    I've been using this recipe for protein pancakes (substituting the sugar for honey or agave).

http://www.isthisreallymylife.com/2012/10/biggest-loser-pancakes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+isthisreallymylife/emihill+(is+this+REALLY+my+life?)&utm_content=Google+Reader

I make a huge batch of them, freeze them, and pop two in the microwave for a minute for a quick breakfast every morning.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    with a little bit of shredded cheese and sunflower seeds on top
  • MsPris12
    MsPris12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll eat it plain with a little salt, or as my dressing for a salad, love it!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's nice with berries, oats and honey - even nicer with oats and Nutella :)

ding ding ding! this is exactly what i do! cottage cheese, a little bit of greek yogurt, a handful of fresh blueberries, 2 tbsp of oats and a drizzle of honey on top. SO GOOD! i will have to sneak in some nutella one day...but i haven't made peace with nutella yet. i can't seem to stop at the recommended serving size of 1 tbsp! eeek!
  • Pensworth
    Pensworth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mixing in blackberries or blueberries is very nice. It tastes a lot like cream cheese, the texture is something of an acquired taste for me. Would be good on toasted raisin bread I imagine. I have also found using it as coleslaw dressing instead of the mayo/cider type of dressing works pretty well.
  • iTStaRTsN0W
    iTStaRTsN0W Posts: 106
    Options
    I like it with fruit, especially pinaepples. I just had some on my homemade chicken salad sandwich, and I have some leftover chicken salad that I am eating with the cottage cheese also
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    With lots of sriracha sauce.:happy:
  • DontEatTheCake3
    Options
    Thank you for all of your suggestions, everyone!!! :)
  • LizaJ2
    LizaJ2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I blend it in my magic bullet to get rid of the weird texture - then mix in a little onion flakes or onion powder and celery salt and pepper... makes a good onion dip for crackers!