Healthy Indian recipe!! Only 300 cals for a HUGE serving!

Options

Replies

• eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This sounds great. I may even try just adding chicken in with the chickpeas. I hope to try this soon!
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Bumping to make ASAP!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I <3 you! I have everything to make this at my house already... woo hoo!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Love Indian. I have a similar recipe that has never quite done it for me. I'm not sure how different this one is at a glance but I'll be giving it a try! It sure sounds good.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Bump!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night, with a slight variation: I basically cut the recipe in half and substituted chicken for half of the chickpeas, so I ended up with about 10-12 oz of chicken and one can of chickpeas. Everything else, I cut in half. It was delicious!! I just had one problem. I used fat free Greek yogurt, and while the flavor was great, it kind of separated in the pan. I took it off the heat before adding it, but it was still hot. I'm wondering if it was because its was Greek yogurt, or if was still too hot to add the yogurt when I did. Though it didn't look pretty, it still tasted great. I added a couple tablespoons of sour cream to see if it did the same thing, and it didn't. Does anyone have any tips to prevent that from happening? I may just use sour cream in place of the yogurt, or I may try it with regular yogurt instead of Greek. Either way, delicious dish! Definitely worth a try! Thanks for the idea, OP!! :flowerforyou:

Correct Greek Yogurt separates @ high temperature. I would highly recommend adding lite coconut milk not a whole lot jus' 2 servings ...

Editing for your sour cream question - I would highly recommend lite coconut milk over sour cream.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • This sounds really good. I have only been on this site for 1.5 days but am really liking it. One thing I noticed is that I am not getting enough protein (or exercise LOL) This sounds like a lot of protein, Is it the Garbanzos? I was thinking about adding a chicken breast but it doesn't look like I would need to. Thanks for posting.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    sounds great -- thx!
  • canadafats
    Options
    Bump budabump bump.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Going to try a version of this without the tomato sauce.
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rikkijazz
    rikkijazz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    sounds yum, thanks :drinker:
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    *drools over keyboard*

gotta make this soon!!!!!!!!

• 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your recipe :flowerforyou:
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yeeesss. Bumped for deliciousness!
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nice! Will HAVE to try!