Bad, bad, bad

Options

Replies

• lkeverett1
    lkeverett1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I could eat a whole bag (of any kind) of potato chips by myself. I knew it was time to get it under control when I would eat a supersized McDonald's meal and it wouldn't satisfy me so I was starting to think about order 2 meals at a time. That's when I had to put my foot down!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Late night cereal. Sounds harmless enough right? Except that the bowl I used held at least 3-4 cups of cereal, and I filled the milk to the brim. Then, when the cereal was gone there would be milk left so...I'd add more cereal to finish off the milk with. Easily 800-1000 calories worth of cereal in one sitting. And was a "snack".

When I order a pizza these days, I get a small pie. That's it. SOMETIMES a small soda. I used to get a large pie, with toppings, plus a cheeseburger and fries or onion rings, and an order of hot wings. Plus a 2 liter of coke. I lived alone. All the food was gone by morning. Wow, it makes me kinda nauseous to think about that.

Cereal is still my guilty pleasure :) I used to use a mixing bowl because those stupid cereal bowls aren't big enough! Now I use the right bowl, still 2 servings (1 serving is still unrealistic, to me ), with unsweetened almond milk. I know the pizza nights too. Loaded large pizza with a hot sub. You apparently can't have just a pizza, right? So proud of the cutbacks we can make and still live. I enjoy MFP more and more everyday :)

I hate how pizza turns into 15 different things. I remember a time, not that long ago, when we had some subs, chips and cookies delivered. We decided to wait on the cookies while we ordered a pizza, salad and hot wings. I imagine that cookie got eaten in bed with a beer...

But no idea how I gain weight. I don't think the 4200 calories / day ever did it...

I have two recipes for crust, and three for sauces. I don't log the veggies, just the cheese and meat. That makes it like 4 things instead of 15.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Late night cereal. Sounds harmless enough right? Except that the bowl I used held at least 3-4 cups of cereal, and I filled the milk to the brim. Then, when the cereal was gone there would be milk left so...I'd add more cereal to finish off the milk with. Easily 800-1000 calories worth of cereal in one sitting. And was a "snack".

When I order a pizza these days, I get a small pie. That's it. SOMETIMES a small soda. I used to get a large pie, with toppings, plus a cheeseburger and fries or onion rings, and an order of hot wings. Plus a 2 liter of coke. I lived alone. All the food was gone by morning. Wow, it makes me kinda nauseous to think about that.

Cereal is still my guilty pleasure :) I used to use a mixing bowl because those stupid cereal bowls aren't big enough! Now I use the right bowl, still 2 servings (1 serving is still unrealistic, to me ), with unsweetened almond milk. I know the pizza nights too. Loaded large pizza with a hot sub. You apparently can't have just a pizza, right? So proud of the cutbacks we can make and still live. I enjoy MFP more and more everyday :)

A sub *and* a whole pizza? You were a pro!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking of how just four months ago, I would eat three grilled cheese sandwiches (double cheese) in my bed before I went to sleep. What do you remember doing before you started MFP and how it would make you cringe today?
    If I had the calories left over before bed I would have ate them too. Realize that food isn't bad........................overconsumption is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • williamshl10
    williamshl10 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking of how just four months ago, I would eat three grilled cheese sandwiches (double cheese) in my bed before I went to sleep. What do you remember doing before you started MFP and how it would make you cringe today?
    If I had the calories left over before bed I would have ate them too. Realize that food isn't bad........................overconsumption is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

If I had the calories left over, I still would! :smile: I think it is just how gluttonous we may have all been getting before getting that lightbulb to turn on with thoughts of "Is this how I want to live?" "Do I want to become one of those "TLC" overweight specials?" For my calories intake now, if I have one apple for the whole day, I might be able to fit in all those grilled cheeses :tongue:
  • williamshl10
    williamshl10 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

A sub *and* a whole pizza? You were a pro!

Yep :wink: You would think I was competing in one of those All You Can Eat contests! Wash that down with my 2 liter of mountain dew, take a shower to wash off that sweat from eating so much and off to dreamland. That is some sexy *kitten* right ther! :smokin:
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Napping when I got home from work, then popping some frozen food in the stove and laying around on the couch all evening. My problem wasn't food, just too much vodka and laziness.

Blasphemy! NO such thing as too much vodka!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Napping when I got home from work, then popping some frozen food in the stove and laying around on the couch all evening. My problem wasn't food, just too much vodka and laziness.

Blasphemy! NO such thing as too much vodka!

Any Vodka is too much vodka.

But I like a real drink. Scotch and that sweet sweet nectar of the gods Dark Rum (not the captain, or bacardi crap)
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Going back for more. Then going back again.

Really the biggest thing for me was willfully ignoring my body when it told me I was full. "Can't be full, this tastes too good and I can still breathe". Now, I have retrained my mind to listen to my stomach instead of my stomach listening to my mind.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Bought a pepsi and snickers bar from the vending machine almost every day when I went to work. I knew it was bad for me but going to work at 5:30 almost every morning made for a sleepy employee, enter Pepsi. Then I always wanted to workout after work (I worked at a gym) and would be starving because the apple just wouldn't cut it, so I started eating Snickers to stifle the hunger. My workouts didn't always undo the damage I did and sometimes I never made it inside the weight room or to the treadmill.

While I still do this from time to time, It's not as often and it usually fits into my calories.

Girlfriend you and I woulda been best friends. Those are my two primary weaknesses. (drifting off into daydreams filled with 44oz big gulps and the corresponding free snickers....)

Oh me too! When I was in high school, I was a cashier at a drugstore and after school I would go to Taco Bell and get several items and/or a Mexican pizza with added sour cream and a large soda for my pre-work dinner. Then during my break it was always a can of Dr. Pepper and Snickers or Reeses PB cups or occasionally both. After work I went home and usually had a mini bag of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies my dad bought from Sam's Club, possible some Doritos, another soda or a big glass of 2% milk.

And I wasn't that 16 yr old kid with crazy metabolism and an extremely active lifestyle. Sure I worked on my feet, but I weighed about 240 at the time (now 190 twenty years later).
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Chicago style deep dish pizza. I used to love that stuff. I could put away several slices, too, even after a salad.
  • BreAnn267
    BreAnn267 Posts: 46
    Options
    Devour a cheesecake!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Eating 3600 calories in a day without thinking twice!
    Probably something like this... but I never kept track so who knows!??!!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I still eat and drink all of the same things I used to, but in smaller portions and not all at the same time.

After 9pm at Chili's, we'd go for 1/2 price appetizers and $1 beers EVERY WEEK and order all the apps and have 5-6 beers each. Easily 6-7,000 calories at a time.
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My biggest "bad" choice before I started eating better was that I would drink at least one 20oz bottle of regular soda every day. Honorable mention: during my freshman year in college my roommate and I would eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream several times per week. :P
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    there was a time in my life when i wouldn't think twice about eating an entire (full size, not individual) bag of sour cream and onion chips, half a pizza, a 2 liter of soda and probably chicken wings to boot and call it dinner. on top of whatever meals i had already eaten earlier in the day. this happened at least twice a month.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Drink a few 44 oz sodas a day.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Getting drunk and eating a taco bell chalupa, 2 tacos and a nachos supreme in bed at 3 am........not sure how I ever woke up each morning after.
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pizza grilled cheese on garlic toast with marinara for dipping.

Garlic-Grilled-Cheese-Pizza-Sandwich%252520%2525283%252529_thumb%25255B11%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Sweet, merciful Lord, I need this in my life.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Definitely portion sizes / mindless eating. Since I have to log it, I always think about the amount. I always either weight it or count how many of whatever it is I'm eating (tomatoes, asparagus spears or chips) and now I know and understand precisely how much I *should* be eating.

But yeah, I sure do remember the days of eating without knowing how much I was eating and eating portions that were way way way too big for me and not even realizing it!