whats for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on making sloppy joes with some good old Ruffles. Watermelon for dessert.

what are sloppy joes?
  • auntyfred
    auntyfred Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Homemade spicy bean burgers, in a bun with salsa, grilled tomato lettuce and a salad.
    Strawberry yoghurt for dessert.
    Just finished eating and was yum yum yum.
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Cajun venison burgers, roasted potatoes and steamed brocoli.
  • rissa876
    rissa876 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tonight is our bimonthly pizza night, but for me I will have it along with my salad. You can say this is my cheat night lol.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i find when i cook in advance, weigh it out and put it in containers then i tend to stick to my plan better. tonight? baked haddock panko style
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    We are having "breakfast for dinner"...mushroom omelets, shredded potatoes, and veggie bacon.

Then a very long walk and DQ mini blizzards afterward. It is a treat I have been looking forward to for a couple of days and I'm glad I have room in my cals/macros for it!
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Tonight is going to be grilled salmon with brown rice, peas and carrots.

Last nights dinner was my favorite i grilled filet mignon and served it with sauteed portabello mushrooms and oven roasted potatoes. So delicious.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Not cooking tonight...grabbing pizza for the fam.
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love chicken and I eat SO MUCH but a change is nice. I made a dish for three days it consists of chickpeas and all kinds of veggies with very light soy sauce and sesame oil. Its filling, tasty and very nutritious!

I pretty much put the canned chick peas in a pan with olive oil on low heat and add 1 tsp soy sauce and 1;2 tsp sesame oil
    then I add in sliced mushrooms, shredded cabbage (Coleslaw salad bag), sliced carrots, peppers and I cook them until slightly tender since I do not like my veggies too soft. After all that is added I put in 1 tbsp of soy and the other half of sesame oil (add as much as you like) and finally I add it chopped scallions. I mix it all in and I cook for a few mins then I add sriracha sauce and I cover and turn the heat off and divide it into 3 - 4 cups depending on the amount of veggies used.

I HOPE THIS HELPS :D
  • BethFox
    BethFox Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I find that I have to plan in advance. So tonight it's Thai enchiladas with banana smoothies for dessert.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Scallops! Seared in spicy spices.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Home made pasta with shrimp and veggies (broccoli, peas and corn) served in a white wine sauce with parmesan and fresh parsley on top. As well a a glass of wine cause obviously have to do something with the rest of the bottle :P
  • ojosh089
    ojosh089 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    nice fat sirloin steak with mash potatoes green beans broccoli and delicious shipwrecked double IPA.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Chicken kabobs with hummus!
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Crockpot honey sesame chicken with broccoli. Smells really good!
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I was in a lazy mood, so I just got some delicious frozen yogurt
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Chicken tenders and a salad from a local pizza place
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yum
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I always try to plan in advanced.
    Wed I put pork chops on the stove just long enough to make them slightly brown and then put them in the oven at 350. As they were baking I sauteed zuchinni, summer squash, spinach and mushrooms in a little bit of coconut oil. Poured some alfredo sauce over it and then placed a spoonful on top of the chops. Only thing I would have changed is that I would've added cayenne.

Yesterday was a roast in the crockpot.
    Potatoes, carrots, celery, onions in first.
    Roast on top.
    One package dried ranch, one package dired Italian dressing and one pack dried brown gravy splashed over meat.
    ((when there are leftovers, I try to make broiled rolled tacos and/or sheppards pie the next few nights))
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made cauliflower mash (mashed potatoes replacement) with sauteed Italian sausage and red onions. Recipe here: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/02/bangers-mash-low-carb-style-2.html

I meal plan for the next week every Thursday night and Friday night and go grocery shopping Saturday morning for most of / all of what I'll need for the week. If I run out of something (lately it's been spinach) I may stop in quickly on a Tuesday or Wednesday for produce. I don't decide which days I'll have what, just the meals I am in the mood for. Then each night I plan the next day's meals just so I know I'll hit my macros and not have to worry about going over in calories. Weekends are a bit looser and I don't plan them quite as much as I do during the work week.