Does your dog bother you when you workout in your frontroom?

Options
I don't know about you guys but my 2 mut chihihua's think that when i workout in the frontroom that its time to lick my face. I do jillian michaels and biggest loser dvds and whenever i have to do mountain climbers they come and lick my face. Its so aggarvating.

Replies

• snmonson
    Options
    My cat likes to attack my feet!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Yes...my dachshund, JRT, and Chi/Jack mix think I'm playing some kind of game when I'm doing p90x....they get all under foot. I'm surprised I haven't fallen over one of them yet, lol. :laugh:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    :laugh: At least the dogs are moving. I had cats. They would flop on the floor in front of me so they could have a comfortable spot to watch.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Hah! Yes. Or he gets all excited and jumps on me when I'm doing jumping jacks.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have an 85 lb boxer who thinks that when I work out it's play time. He thinks I should play with him of course so he jumps on me, chases me, licks me etc. It's hard to concentrate for sure. :)

Thinking I should tie him to the treadmill and make him walk the whole time lol.
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I used to have a dog that would try and hop on the treadmill with me! she couldnt handle speeds faster than 2mph on the treadmill so I'd always freak out and turn the speed down. She was so sweet though, so sometimes I would let her walk with me for a few minutes before I kicked her off. I miss her :'(
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Oh my god my dog used to hump the my big bean bag whenever i did my aerobics dvds!! Haha, VERY creepy!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog, but I have three kids who want to exercise right along with me. I move left, I crash into my 6 year old. I move right, I slam into my 3 year old. I back the heck up to move out of their way and I knock over my one year old!! ey yi yi!
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Pet obesity is also up in the U.S. so think of it as a pooch workout session. HA! :)

We don't get enough time with our pets on this Earth, so I always try to cherish the little things like that because some day far too soon those moments will be gone.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    My cat interferes all the time. I whistle (he comes when I whistle) to him when I'm lower to the ground so I can pet him and he'll get satisfied and go lay back down. He also lays on my stomach/back when I'm doing any core work. I see it as extra resistance, but he gets p*ssed when I have to get up. Oh and he tries to leap into my arms when I'm standing up and working out sometimes. I find it amusing, most of the time...but I keep his claws trim :)
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog, but I have three kids who want to exercise right along with me. I move left, I crash into my 6 year old. I move right, I slam into my 3 year old. I back the heck up to move out of their way and I knock over my one year old ey yi yi!

Same here!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    lol...i don't have a dog..but i have a cat that likes to go under me when i'm in plank position...I tell him...move or become a flat cat!!!!!:blushing:
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    :laugh: At least the dogs are moving. I had cats. They would flop on the floor in front of me so they could have a comfortable spot to watch.

Thats funny, my dogs do that in the beginning, but then when they see sweat thats when they start get closer and closer and then the licking begins
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If I try to do some pushups or crunches in my living room the dog thinks it is time to wrestle and my two boys think it is time to exact their revenge!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    OMG this ^^ all of this is amazing... animals warm my heart <3
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    Oh yeah! My older dog thinks that any form of yoga or stretching is when I should be petting her (duh, your hands are just out in the air waiting for a dog ear to scratch), and my puppy loves to jump on the wii board when I am trying to use it. Otherwise I try to involve the dogs, ie going to the dog run (running through shin deep snow all bundled up with heavy boots on is a great workout)!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog, but I have three kids who want to exercise right along with me. I move left, I crash into my 6 year old. I move right, I slam into my 3 year old. I back the heck up to move out of their way and I knock over my one year old!! ey yi yi!

SO funny! In addition to our 80lb doberman I also have a daughter that wants to exercise with me. SO I will spend my time either dodging her or the dog. And god forbid if I happen to step on my daughters feet or bump into her - it's as if I have somehow interrupted HER workout rather than vice versa!!

It is for this reason I generally exercise after 11pm when kids & animals are in their respective beds!
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do Yoga my dogs have to run underneath me, when Im doing any aerobic activity they like to play too! I have 4 dogs...Im shocked that I havent broken any bones yet! LOL!
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    My 3 year old beagle likes to curl up in front of me and watch as she slowly falls asleep... she's such a silly puppy :tongue:
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    crunches, forget it! My chi/terrior mix and Rat Terrior are in my face! LOL!!