Options
    apples, oranges

hummus with baby carrots, cauliflower or red/yellow bell peppers

cheese and whole grain crackers

nuts

boiled egg
  • DianaAmorim
    Options
    *Chia pudding with coco flakes and some pureed fruit (berries, banana...)
    *Cacao mousse (made with avocado and banana)
    *Oats with fruits (sliced, cubed or pureed)
    *Smoothies
  • waggs72
    waggs72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wasabi covered roasted chickpeas.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!
    excuse me this a thread for "healthy" snacks only. Can't fit ice cream in my 1200 calorie allowance
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Why low fat?

My favorite daily snack is an apple with some almonds.

Low fat because some processed foods have high sugars or bad calories in fat.

Fat is good if you can afford the calories. You should aim to eat 0.35g per pound of body weight. Usually, when they take the fat out, they add sugar. Fat is also satisfies one's hunger and helps with vitamin absorption... Just sayin' :smokin:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Red wine. Tannins are good for you!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    dates with peanut butter on them
    dried figs
    cantaloupe & watermelon
    kale chips
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!
    excuse me this a thread for "healthy" snacks only. Can't fit ice cream in my 1200 calorie allowance

Clearly, I need my ice cream to hit my carb and fat macros. So, heeeealthing.

Talenti
  • rissa876
    rissa876 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!

Fitting ice cream in a daily healthy diet would be hard, unless 1 scoop paired with fruit, but still this should idea could be for dessert :)
  • mscate
    mscate Posts: 3
    Options
    healthier pear and almond muffins. I put the recipe on my blog http://consumingcate.blogspot.com/2014/04/recuperation-and-pear-and-almond-muffins.html I also like rice crackers and vintage cheese with cherry tomatoes. Sure these are not the MOST healthiest snacks ever, but I'm trying to reprogram from years of binge eating.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like cacao balls. I got a recipe for them off Pinterest (Heaps of healthy snack ideas to be found there!) As far as ice cream goes, you could try making your own fruit frozen yogurt in the blender instead, and pouring it into those plastic Popsicle molds.
  • Vegetables Trays (Broccoli Florets, Grape Tomatoes, Celery Sticks, Cheddar Cheese Squares, and Ranch). I like having a whole tray all to myself... I know that probably defeats the purpose : |

...I learned today that if you add Butter Crackers to your Vegetable Tray, it makes for an even more delicious snack : | I know, I know, I am completely ruining the "healthy" part of it- encourage me to do better.
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, dusted with cinnamon and tossed on the grill or under a broiler until lightly golden brown. AMAZING.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!!

Nice trolling :laugh:

The only low calorie snacks that fill me up somewhat are - raw carrots, plain Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries, lunch meat and cheese roll up (but I don't know how 'healthy' that is with all the sodium).
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Handful of pumpkin seeds
    Peanut butter on bread (100% natural)
    Raisins