Self sabotage

Options

Replies

• UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you get the refrigerated mini Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie dough, you can bake them one or two at a time. They are about 50 calories each, and a warm chocolate chip cookie should satisfy those cravings. Just be sure to turn off the oven and return the package to the fridge or freezer.

The frozen dough is delicious :-)
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I made two loaves of bread and a loaf of banana bread. I didn't do well. Two and a half slices of the regular bread and slice (and a third) of banana bread.

I'm a carb-*kitten*. Bread is in my blood. I was doing very good for the first 10 days (following the 30 Day Shred) and then I had a break/cheat day before level 2.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    look up the 321 cake on here. I've been doing that all month and have stopped craving so many sweets because I no longer feel deprived. I usually eat 1-2 servings of it before bed. Now that I've run out of mix a week before I go food shopping and right before Aunt Flow I'm DIEING for something sweet and chocolaty. It helped me during the visit last month with out a problem! Can't wait to go food shopping and make sure to buy enough this time lol!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    There's a blog I love called Dessert for Two. The girl who writes it scales down recipes so they serve two people, so her cookie recipes make around 6-10 cookies, or her cake recipes make 2-4 slices. You still get the fun of baking, but you won't have a zillion cookies lying around tempting you.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    story of my life. I can never have just one baked good of anything. I always end up eating 12 lol. same boat, so bump for some advice. most people will probably say.... then just don't do it. or they will say... will power just have one. lol . It's like one bite puts me in a robotic state where i cant stop once i start no matter how bad my stomach hurts... would love to hear other people's experience .

BUT NOW WHEN I BAKE CLEAN, I GO TO WWW.RIPPEDRECEIPES.COM

This website has saved my life. You can adjust the calorie content for a recipe that fits your calories.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I mix a lil hot cocoa into my plain greek yogurt. Feels indulgent. Used to add cocoa to cool whip bc one serving of the creamy goodness is only 25 cals, course, there's no nutritional value.

This sounds really good and like something that might work for me without triggering a 'must eat the entire bakery' craving. If I come off low carb again in the future, I'm trying it!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Go to a bakery. They definitely sell one brownie or cookie plus they taste better.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Only bake when you have company, feed them to your family, eat one and freeze the rest, take them to work, take one piece and sit down and make a big production of it, so it feels like a super-special treat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    look up the 321 cake on here. I've been doing that all month and have stopped craving so many sweets because I no longer feel deprived. I usually eat 1-2 servings of it before bed. Now that I've run out of mix a week before I go food shopping and right before Aunt Flow I'm DIEING for something sweet and chocolaty. It helped me during the visit last month with out a problem! Can't wait to go food shopping and make sure to buy enough this time lol!

Done that, forgot to add it to the things I tried to help with my brownie craving, lol. Nope, didn't work, I even threw away the mix because frankly it was not satisfying at all.

I don't work and hubby's office doesn't have many people so I don't think it would be an option for him to take it there either. But yeah... must stop baking. I think that's pretty much the only solution (did I mention that it's my birthday in 6 days? I think I'll just have lunch with hubby and stop at the bakery for dessert).

I've checked rippedrecipes.com, but most of those ingredients I don't have and don't care for buying, so not really an option. And I think I'd just rather have the real thing.

There are a couple good bakeries in the area, but they don't have brownies or good chocolate cakes, for some reason. Only the bad bakeries do, and I don't think I'd want to waste my calories on that.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just don't bake. ;)

Same here.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When I bake, I make everything in cupcake/muffin form and then freeze it. That way it's portioned for one desert and I make myself wait for it to heat IN THE OVEN from the freezer. That way I don't eat all the deserts in one day. :)
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm love baking and actually want to open up my own bakery some day. Once I started dieting I cut it out completely. Now that I'm further into my diet and have seen results I can bake something for someone and not even taste it. Its hard for me to bake because I want to taste the icing to make sure its right so its hard. Maybe take a break from it and than try going back to it.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    same here :(
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bake it in a muffin tin, then store the rest at a friend's house, like 10 miles away LOL
    and now i want brownies. LOL
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! When I bake, I always plan to share or give away at least half of what I make to keep myself in check.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mug cakes and single-serve recipes generally suck. Just make the real thing, but give most of it away.

I usually cook/ bake on Friday mornings because it fits in with my training program and my work schedule. On my way to work (afternoon shift) I drop stuff off at people's offices... just in time for lunch. My friends and their coworkers love me, and I get to eat the things I enjoy without finding myself with an empty pan of cheesecake and lots of regret.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So, OP, I hear you saying what's not working for you.

Have you decided to just fall into the cake when you bake, accepting your lack of resistance?

Or are you deciding to forgo baking to remove the catalyst for caving?
  • rjk410
    rjk410 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have found that I am the same way, if push comes to shove I have a protein chocolate drink as a snack, but I try to stay away from sugar in any for as it seems to call me again and again. I have been in this situation for at least 61 years and , it is not they way to spend your life, fighting your weight for years and years
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I haven't baked anything in more than 6 months. I don't trust myself with a plate of brownies or cake until I know that I understand portion sizes... and I don't quite yet :^/

I'll buy a cookie or a brownie at a coffee shop though, since I know I only have that ONE cookie or ONE brownie to eat with my coffee :)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I quit baking too. Even Starbucks sells single brownies. You should be able to find one.

ETA - maybe hubby would split the 500-calorie frozen brownie with you if you can't find one in a bakery.