MFP Runner's Club - August 9

Options
Good morning everyone!

What a beautiful morning. I ran 5 miles - the furthest I have run in over a year! It felt GREAT!

Half marathon here I come!!!

Replies

• Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

What a beautiful morning. I ran 5 miles - the furthest I have run in over a year! It felt GREAT!

Half marathon here I come!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ran 5 miles today as well - whew - almost quit my body wasn't dealing with it as well as usual. Got a little shaky and weak.. weird. Thought I ate relatively well and should have been good but no dice... better luck next time!

Happy Trails!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Ran a little over 9 miles this morning. This is my longest run thus far. I took it nice and slow and I felt great the whole time.

Now, how can I fit in those extra 1000+ calories I just burnt..hmmmmm.....

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Hi,
    Ran 3.5 and walked 1 this morning. A nice cemetery run with lots of hellacious hills! No humidity. Yay! Happy running all.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps,

I don't post enough, notice you all post even when you don't run. I have only been posting on run days,, but I do something everyday

So today I finally got in 6K. Haven't done that in a while, usually stick to 4 because of darn sore feet. But stuck it out today, needed to walk (total of about 10 minutes thruout), to give feet a break. Three more weeks til I get my orthotics. Then maybe I can keep up with you guys!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning,

Ran a little over 9 miles this morning. This is my longest run thus far. I took it nice and slow and I felt great the whole time.

Ben & Jerry's ice cream!!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I'd say a warm chocolate chip cookie is a start ----
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning,

Cheesecake (I think this is the most fatning thing ever made right?)
    on second thought,
    How about a nice fiber one bar.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    5 miles is popular today. I ran 4 1/2 and did 1/2 mile of sprints! It was so nice out today. A little humid, but better than 110 degrees!!!
    I have a 2 1/2 hour run tomorrow!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good morning all.:flowerforyou:

Boy this is a great room, really the best. I get so inspired everytime I come in here. :blushing:

I am holding off today on running. (Hard after reading everyones great runs, wow):noway:
    I have run most days this week and I want to do a big run tomorrow (maybe 8 miles again) so I am going to rest it up a little.
    I did do a 35 minute work out this morning, mostly stretching and resistance and a lot of crunches, and I think I will do a bike ride, so I will still get in at least an hour of workout today.

This room makes it hard not to just want to jump on the treadmill though and go for miles and miles.:bigsmile:

Way to go!!!:drinker:
    SM
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm heading out for a 6-mile run. I'm going to a cookout at my in-laws and decided to run there instead of drive! My husband will take the kids and I will meet them there. I figure with a run under my belt, I can most certainly treat myself to a couple of cold beers while sitting poolside!

Enjoy this beautiful day, everyone!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I'm heading out for a 6-mile run. I'm going to a cookout at my in-laws and decided to run there instead of drive! My husband will take the kids and I will meet them there. I figure with a run under my belt, I can most certainly treat myself to a couple of cold beers while sitting poolside!

That is so awsome that you are doing that.. You should have the family take bikes and all go together? If not still the beers will be great. I treated myself to a wine cooler the other night when company came. I did stop at the one, but it was sooooooo good. I hadn't had one in forever. I am going to do an extra long bike ride I think because we may be going out to dinner with friends and we usually have a couple of drinks to.mmm the question is, Is it worth it? Answer is....Yes!!!!:bigsmile:
    Enjoy the cookout!!!:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Nice work everyone! We are all going to have some nice extra cals to eat today!

My run was not so nice....I needed to do 10 this morning to keep on pace for the 1/2 marathon in 5 weeks. I overslept...I like to run when its still dark and cool out. Then since I ended skipping dinner last night, boy that was dumb, I grabbed a Nutrigran bar before I ran. So lets recap...its hot, I have no fuel in me, I am getting stomach cramps from attempting to eat, oh, and did I mention my allergies are acting up???

UGH!!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

All said and done...I made it just short of 8 miles, 2 of which I walked. So much for 10 huh? I am going to attempt a big dinner tonight and give it another shot tomorrow.

I will also go on record that all happened several hours ago as I came home and took a shower and a nap!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone else ever have the "Holy crap why am I doing this" Days??

Happy Running!

Ali
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options

That is so awsome that you are doing that.. You should have the family take bikes and all go together? If not still the beers will be great. I treated myself to a wine cooler the other night when company came. I did stop at the one, but it was sooooooo good. I hadn't had one in forever. I am going to do an extra long bike ride I think because we may be going out to dinner with friends and we usually have a couple of drinks to.mmm the question is, Is it worth it? Answer is....Yes!!!!:bigsmile:
    Enjoy the cookout!!!:drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:

That is great that you are running there...Great way to impress the in-laws too!!:laugh:
    SM- You are right...one is always worth it! And by a pool...even better:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ali
  • Mireille
    Options
    Nice work everyone! We are all going to have some nice extra cals to eat today!

My run was not so nice....I needed to do 10 this morning to keep on pace for the 1/2 marathon in 5 weeks. I overslept...I like to run when its still dark and cool out. Then since I ended skipping dinner last night, boy that was dumb, I grabbed a Nutrigran bar before I ran. So lets recap...its hot, I have no fuel in me, I am getting stomach cramps from attempting to eat, oh, and did I mention my allergies are acting up???

UGH!!! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

All said and done...I made it just short of 8 miles, 2 of which I walked. So much for 10 huh? I am going to attempt a big dinner tonight and give it another shot tomorrow.

I will also go on record that all happened several hours ago as I came home and took a shower and a nap!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone else ever have the "Holy crap why am I doing this" Days??

Happy Running!

Ali

Yes, before every long run. The short runs I'm okay but when I'm due for a long run, I question my thinking. lol
    It's a love-hate thing with running. Now that I've run 9miles, I'm pumped (until next week when I have to run 10. lol)
    I haven't officially signed up for my 1/2 yet. I want to see how what I'm like when I hit 11 and 12 miles.
    It's not until the end of September.

Good luck on your run tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Hellooo the heat and humidity here in good old Oklahoma is really cramping my running style :explode: so I have been using the treadmill A LOT lately to try and beat the heat. Well this morning the plan was to go to my C.S.I. class and then hit the treadmill. I am kind of ashamed to say that I just didn't feel like running today so I stayed for the step aerobics class instead :frown:..I used to look forward to running when it was outside..but the treadmill is just SO not the same..I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about lol. Okay well enough of my rambling..hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hey All!

Lots of great runs today! Good job on your longest run, Mireille!! :drinker:

Finished my 1/2 marathon in 2 h 5 m. Even though I've only had them for about a month, I'm trashing my Nike's!! :explode: I get blisters every time I wear them. :grumble:

Oh well, glad it's over!! :drinker:

Have a great weekend everyone!! :smooched:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Hey All!

Lots of great runs today! Good job on your longest run, Mireille!! :drinker:

Finished my 1/2 marathon in 2 h 5 m. Even though I've only had them for about a month, I'm trashing my Nike's!! :explode: I get blisters every time I wear them. :grumble:

Oh well, glad it's over!! :drinker:

Have a great weekend everyone!! :smooched:

OMG that's amazing time!! You are truly my idol! It almost took that long to run my 9miles!!
    You must be exhausted!!! Celebrate tonight because you've done good!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Hip, hip hooray!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey Shannon great job! You got the exact same time as I did on my half
    (2:05:08). See I said we'd be good running partners! We ordered pictures of the event. In the one I picked I was ahead of a young guy at about mile 10, so that's why I picked that picture because you can see him behind me (the old lady--hee-hee!). Anyway, way to go on your race! You should feel really proud of yourself.:drinker:

We decided after our half marathon not to train for the marathon now, and just continue to do half marathons every so often. We figured that's enough for our old bones.

My husband and I went 9 miles this morning. Everything felt great.

My daughter did an Olympic triathlon this morning in Idaho. She just texted me to say she came in third in her age division. I'm really proud of her. It's so fun having her and my husband to do this together with.

Have a nice weekend everybody and great job on all your long runs!:heart:

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Ran 5 miles today as well - whew - almost quit my body wasn't dealing with it as well as usual. Got a little shaky and weak.. weird. Thought I ate relatively well and should have been good but no dice... better luck next time!

Happy Trails!

This sounds like it might have been dehydration. I'm finding that the longer runs I do, the more I have to pay attention to hydrating not just that day, but a day or two before. Also, electrolytes could be a problem, you might try drinking something like Gatorade.