Girls, can you always tell you're being checked out?

Options

Replies

• TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    haha never had that feeling. too big/ulgy maybe ?
  • MayaDyra
    MayaDyra Posts: 90
    Options
    Guys don't check me out. I mean, they look at me and see me, but they're not attracted to me. And I don't want them to be anyways, I don't even know them xD
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Nope. Usually someone has to tell me that I'm being checked out. And usually, the person telling me is my husband :laugh:
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Either I'm not noticing it or it doesn't happen.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    Good to know most of us have mastered that art
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am surprised many women here don't notice ... i can notice a guy checking me out miles away ....
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    Most of you are too good at that art! I walked straight past a (spectacular, intelligent, charming) guy today who apparently followed me from one end of the street to the other, looking for an opportunity to talk to me. Granted, I was pretty focused on my ice cream cone, but… had no idea he was checking me out.

Lucky he was persistent. :wink:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm a bartender and have been for 18 years. I pretty much just watch men in their natural habit all night. It's not a club, just a working person's/hometown bar, so it's not like it's a meat market.

My take on it is that sometimes guys have to try not to check women out. If a woman walks in, I immediately look at the guys and see which ones check her out, and most of the time, it's most of them. I think it's a bit involuntary. I even joke with the guys about it and give them a bit of a hard time when it happens and we all laugh.

That being said, it's not a particular badge of honor to have guys checking you out because guys check out chicks a lot. It's kind of like, "oooh shiny object!" or me looking around in a shoe department!:love:
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am surprised many women here don't notice ... i can notice a guy checking me out miles away ....

I think it depends on your self image.
    Nobody ever checks me out, but if you're pretty (and are aware of it) you probably expect people to and notice it more.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    Most of you are too good at that art! I walked straight past a (spectacular, intelligent, charming) guy today who apparently followed me from one end of the street to the other, looking for an opportunity to talk to me. Granted, I was pretty focused on my ice cream cone, but… had no idea he was checking me out.

How do you follow someone for that long and not feel like a kidnapper?
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The problem is that if any are interested they don't approach! Do they want me to do the work?? :huh:

I ask myself this all the time!
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    I'm a bartender and have been for 18 years. I pretty much just watch men in their natural habit all night. It's not a club, just a working person's/hometown bar, so it's not like it's a meat market.

My take on it is that sometimes guys have to try not to check women out. If a woman walks in, I immediately look at the guys and see which ones check her out, and most of the time, it's most of them. I think it's a bit involuntary. I even joke with the guys about it and give them a bit of a hard time when it happens and we all laugh.

That being said, it's not a particular badge of honor to have guys checking you out because guys check out chicks a lot. It's kind of like, "oooh shiny object!" or me looking around in a shoe department!:love:

Speaking for myself, I know I do not check out women I don't find attractive.
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I think it depends on your self image.
    Nobody ever checks me out, but if you're pretty (and are aware of it) you probably expect people to and notice it more.

You are probably right ... self confidence surely attracts attention ... if you feel attractive i bet people will find you attractive ...
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    The problem is that if any are interested they don't approach! Do they want me to do the work?? :huh:

I ask myself this all the time!

It would be nice, sometimes :/
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options

Speaking for myself, I know I do not check out women I don't find attractive.
    Well, I think it depends on what "checking out" means. I always took it as evaluating to determine your level of attraction. So we might be saying different things. I don't care what people think they do. I see what they really do whether they see it or not.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options

How do you follow someone for that long and not feel like a kidnapper?
    It was a short, very crowded street, but… good point. Want me to ask him, next time we meet?
  • coolcoolcool2
    coolcoolcool2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My friends sometimes tell me later that someone was checking me out but I usually don't notice myself. I have gotten the "double take" glance a few times in my life and those are always flattering. I'm very shy so I always assume no one cares about how I look lol.