Why you should NOT workout

Options
1235»

Replies

• mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    The human body is far more complex than a watch or an iPad, but yeah, there is a valid point there. Too much of anything is not good for the body. It is actually true that you can be too healthy or too fit.

I hope this isn't trolling but I think this might make for an interesting read and although it focuses on running, it might answer your question. http://www.health24.com/Fitness/News/Too-much-running-may-shorten-your-life-20140402
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    A body in motion stays in motion ..

So to save your heart lie in bed all day and move as little as possible. Side effects may include: weight gain, bed sores, muscle atrophy, and death.
  • BikerChickAlice
    BikerChickAlice Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amazing how a lot of people can't see sarcasm and wit! I just find it so hysterical! I think Brits are generally so much more sarcastic than you guys over the pond. Seems some of my American friends love sarcasm, other have got offended, but they are no longer on my friends list!!! This was incredibly amusing! Thanks :-D
  • Bun_Ya
    Bun_Ya Posts: 174
    Options
    #BestMFPThread2014
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    But we have no definite proof that exercise makes you live longer. Not talking quality of life. Sure you can be a fat slob, cant take the stairs and live to be 100, and sure you can be an athlete and have a heart attach at 45....

Point is, time and gravity are what cause things to have a shelf life including instruments. And human body is the same. When you use it faster, you lose it faster.....is what they are saying.

i am just the news bearer

179222816_640.jpg
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    This analogy reminds me of a certain society that covered up their mirrors because they didn't want to wear it out. You ony got so many looks. haha!

If you need an analogy, would you rather drive a car that's just been sitting in the garage for a year straight, untouched or drive one that has been on the road, getting regular maintenance?
  • ianplant
    ianplant Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Though I don't think exercise is essential for a long life, but if you don't take care of yourself I'm sure a host of other things like heart / lung disease, diabetes, etc will get you first. Exercise is proved to help treat depression too. I guess the point I am trying to make is that from my point of view the pros out weigh any cons I can see.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    OP, you've must have never heard of antifragility or Wolff's law (even though he was analyzing bones).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifragile:_Things_That_Gain_from_Disorder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolff's_law
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    OP is talking sense.
    That's why athletes have chronic pain when they are older, and football players sometimes experience symptoms of brain damage when older.
    Gymnasts are short.
    Look at Muhammad Ali.
    Bruce Lee died young too even though he was so fit.

First of all I fixed your offensive language...second of all those are irrelevant points.

- Gymnasts are short because only the best of the best make it to the big stage and that includes having the genetic factors necessary to be the best. i.e. short and lean.

- Muhammad Ali's brain injury was caused by head trauma from a contact sport.

- Bruce Lee died of cerebral edema.

None of these are related AT ALL to heart rate. Did you even read the post?
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When everything becomes to stressful, remember that it will all be over when you're dead. :)
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    OP is talking sense.
    That's why athletes have chronic pain when they are older, and football players sometimes experience symptoms of brain damage when older.
    Gymnasts are short.
    Look at Muhammad Ali.
    Bruce Lee died young too even though he was so fit.

First of all I fixed your offensive language...second of all those are irrelevant points.

- Gymnasts are short because only the best of the best make it to the big stage and that includes having the genetic factors necessary to be the best. i.e. short and lean.

- Muhammad Ali's brain injury was caused by head trauma from a contact sport.

- Bruce Lee died of cerebral edema.

None of these are related AT ALL to heart rate. Did you even read the post?

You don't pick up on sarcasm well, do you?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    In........for the serious replies! :drinker:

I think you maybe on to something. I hear of joggers collapsing and dying while jogging, therefore jogging must be bad for you! Come to think of it, they are also the ones who find dead bodies on trails. Glad I'm not a jogger!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    In........for the serious replies! :drinker:

I think you maybe on to something. I hear of joggers collapsing and dying while jogging, therefore jogging must be bad for you! Come to think of it, they are also the ones who find dead bodies on trails. Glad I'm not a jogger!

Mind assplode!

All saying this is sarcasm, shut the front door
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Heard on the interwebz that we are all born with a certain number of heartbeats. So if you exercise, your heart beats faster to your early demise.

If a clock, a clutch, an IPad has s shelf life, then it makes sense that the heart as a shelf life.

What say you?

Beware everyone. Don't exercise, don't fall in love, don't get mad and don't go on roller coasters. In fact, just lock yourself in your room and avoid the world or you're gonna shave at least 6 weeks off your life expectancy!

5y5ct4.jpg
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Heard on the interwebz that we are all born with a certain number of heartbeats. So if you exercise, your heart beats faster to your early demise.

If a clock, a clutch, an IPad has s shelf life, then it makes sense that the heart as a shelf life.

What say you?
    'You may be given a finite number of beats, BUT exercise lowers resting heart rate, SO that means the body uses less beats per minute in a fit person versus an un-fit person, SO that means the higher heart rate that occurs for, roughly, a half hour per day in your cardio routine is a drop in the bucket, IF your resting heart rate is slow enough, SO invalid argument on your part. Nice try.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I call bullsh!t.

Even if it were true, I'd honestly rather die young and healthy and looking /feeling great, then live to be a hundred with crap health, no energy and weak muscles.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Then I've got no worries, lol