ATTN: ALL WOMEN APPROX. 5'0"

Options

Replies

• mthomas393
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have not been using this website in a while but would like to start monitoring my eating again.
    My Stats:
    HW: 117
    CW: probably 117 but haven't gotten on the scale in a couple of weeks
    LW: 97 last spring (due to a stressful event in my life - not due to healthy eating/exercise)
    Goal: used to be 99 but I think 105 is a healthy weight for my size/build

Age: 44 - I think this is important to note...it seems to be harder to maintain/lose after 40 :( before 40, I never had to "work" at maintaining my weight

Workout: not currently working out consistently, I have an active job as an itinerant teacher and use a Striiv Play device to document my steps daily

Calories: probably too many - I'm going to start monitoring it again...I eat healthy but I do like to eat!

This is a very interesting forum for us shorties...thanks for starting it...I look forward to following.
  • andrealinder10
    andrealinder10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HW: 169
    CW: 169
    LW: 99 lbs prior to having kids, 10 years ago
    Goal: 115-120
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 4'11.5"
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Just started this journey! I've gained so much weight between being a full time student, having a baby and too l ittle sleep and not enough exercise..
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Losing!!
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Between 1400 and 1600.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Between 900 and 1200 I think.

When I stepped on the scale the otehr day and saw how much I really weighed (after being in denial/avoiding the scale) it really hit me! I've got a long ways to go, but I'm determined, I had a wake up call. I'm 27, so I better do it now before it becomes much harder to lose weight.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 foot 11 :)

HW: 140
    LW: 115
    CW: 120
    GW: 100/105 (I'll see what I look like when I get there)

I also have a VERY large bone structure. I feel like such a cop-out when I say "I'm big-boned" but I truly am. "They" say the lowest I could really be is 109 or so...I haven't been there since I was 7 with no boobs so I wouldnt know lol.

My calorie goal is set at 1,200 a day (when I'm sedentary, i'm SEDENTARY) but on my workout days (5 or so times a week) when I burn a good 500-1,500 calories- I eat more.

Yesterday I burned almost 1,500 and ate 2,500 at my gym's Zumba, Sweat, Spa, Sangria Night.

I'm still trying to lose, but I took a break for 3 months over the summer and "maintained" until vacation where I gained a few pounds back.

Overall, you seem really good where you are! I'd say keep up the good work!
  • mrsgrimsdale
    Options
    Age 52
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
    HW: 270+ lbs
    CW: 252.1 lbs
    GW: 126 lbs

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'3"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
    2-3 days a week 30 minute walks
    rarely I'll go mad and spend the day gardening and clock up thousands of net cals

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? trying to lose fairly unsuccessfully

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? MFP set my goal at 1200 I rarely go over

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? 300 on ave whether or not I exercise
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    4ft 11
  • megankate388
    Options
    Hi! I'm exactly 5'0" tall and weigh approximately 95 lbs.. Typically 92-98. I'd like to lose 5 pounds..Which seems abnormal taking into consideration my current weight. But, I am a teenager.. and would like to go back to the weight I maintained throughout most of the years. 88-90.
  • VanillaSmile427
    Options
    If you are a teen and already have a healthy weight you shouldn't be trying to loose weight. Your body is still growing and developing and you can cause damage if you are not feeding your body. Your weight is already very low.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    4ft 11 <<<<
  • milileitner
    milileitner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    CW: 126
    HW: 145
    LW: 92 (ew ew ew ew ew)
    GW: IDGAF but I think I am quite hot right now

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 126
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'1
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? 5 days of serious f*cking heavy lifting per week
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Actually cutting right now but I'll give you 2 answers below...
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 2000-2400 to lose weight. 2800+ to maintain.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? Uh wut?
  • rf1583
    rf1583 Posts: 65
    Options
    STATS:

HW: 101

CW: 98

LW: 96

Goal: I guess around 110ish and then I'll cut

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 98
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? About 5'2"
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? 3 days a week heavy weightlifting (mostly compound exercises)
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? I'm
    Gaining and working on building muscle
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Still playing with the numbers as I'm a newbie but currently eating around 1750 calories. May need to increase that though.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? 1750. I do eat more on workout days.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    For the OP and also one other poster on the site, weights in the 90-95 lb. range are underweight or very close to it even for someone only 5'0". It's a little concerning. Many of us 5 footers are trying to lose, but we are at higher weights, overweight or obese. Someone who is at low normal weight or near underweight who is trying to lose is at risk for an ED. I'm 5'1.5" but was 5'2" as a teen and college age girl, and when I was at those weights, I was constantly sick, sometimes being laid up for a week or more with any flu that came down the pike. And I was eating "normally", just an overstressed high school/college student. I also looked like a bag of bones -- guys didn't even look at me until I was around 105 and had a little meat on me. OK, I'm an old broad, but when I look at pictures of myself at that age, I see two things -- that young people are beautiful (even me!) and that I needed to have a healthier body, not a skinnier one.

That being said, here are my stats

HW 126
    CW 120.5
    GW 115.

I exercise 5 days a week, usually doing some cardio for 30 to 60 minutes (either walk, stationary bike, or class like kickboxing and zumba) and 30-60 minutes strength training. On my days off, I walk a mile and a half a day.

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? I am losing, but slowly, 3 lb.s in 2 months.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? Between 1200 and 1500 depending on whether I work out.
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? 1200
  • autumn_moon86
    Options
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?
    HW: (that i know of): 156
    LW: 120ish (for a brief period after being sick with the flu for a month)
    CW: 153
    GW: 130-135. I felt my best at this weight range! I'm big chested, so I'm not sure I could weigh less than this (but we'll see). Even at my lowest weight I was still a D cup!

HOW TALL ARE YOU?
    5ft1

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
    I work out 4 days a week. I do spin class on Mondays. Boot camp on Tuesdays. Piloxing on Wednesday and small group personal training on Thursdays. Thinking of picking up another day, but haven't decided yet.

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING?
    Losing - slowly, but surely.

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT?
    I try to stay btwn 1300-1600 calories, depending on when/if I am working out.
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    STATS:

HW: 127

CW: 101.5

I exercise 6 days a week, cardio and strength and HIITs too... 45 minutes to 75 minutes a day

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5"3
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Morning! At around 6:30 AM
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Maintenance
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1950 + exercise calories (from 150-500 calories of exercises per day)

I have a desk job but I manage to walk around a lot.
  • Judles874
    Options
    I'm 4'10"

HW - 140
    LW - 98
    CW - 131

I am losing - hope to get to around 105 lbs.

Currently doing zilch exercise VERY sedentary lifestyle right now, but I am following the 5:2 plan, using MFP as calorie guidance.

My TDEE is 1400 so on my fast days I am having 350 cals. I've been doing it only a month, but have been averaging a 2lb weekly loss thus far.
  • Rien5
    Rien5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Very similar stats to OP
    STATS:

HW: 120

CW: 98.8

LW: 93

Goal: 95

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 98.8lb
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'0
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? 6 days a week. Mornings 20 minutes strength training (weights), afternoons 60 minutes walk or 30 walk and 30 run. Evenings 60 minutes situps,pushups etc.
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? trying to lose
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1200-1500
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? 900-1200 depending if I eat back exercise calories.
  • arbolesta1
    arbolesta1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HW: 153.4

CW: 145.8

LW: 125 ( I got to 125 a couple years back but then gained it all back)

Goal: 115

HOW TALL ARE YOU?
    5'0"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT?
    5 miles of jogging a day/6 days a week

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING?
    Losing.

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT?
    Not counting.

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET?
    Not counting.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? 124 lbs

HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'1"

WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Daily walking, strength training, planks

ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Losing

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1200-1300

HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? 1250-1300

HW 160
    CW 124
    LW 96
    GW 116

I am 53 yrs old and I have no desire to weigh less than 115 lbs. I am post menopausal and my goal is to be fit and healthy not thin and frail.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    CW 118
    starting weight Jan 1st 2013 150.5

Height = a whole 4ft 10in

pregnancy weight first time 150 second time 160 ,19 months apart almost to the day .

before pregnancy 119
    before age 25, 103 to 105 most of my life never had issues with weight till after my kids

maintaining
    for now :)

calories before 1200 or 1300
    now whatever mostly
    so 1200 to 1400 just depends

not to active but sporadic exercise

SAHM of 2

I eat back calories burned always have

My long term goal weight, 106-110 and I'm 30 years old :)
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    33 years old. 4'11", 96 lbs, bmi: 19

I average around 1100 calories daily

I am a stay at home wife, so I'm pretty sedentary unless I exercise, which I I log

I work out around five days a week. My usual routine is 25 min elliptical, about 20 mins treadmill with 2 or 3 lb weights (to work my arms), three sets of 30 leg presses with 80 lbs, and about 50 squats. I also play some tennis a few days a week.

I've losta total of about ten pounds since I started in January, and about 6 since I joined MFP in mid February. I'd like to trim a bit more thigh fat, but my main goal is to follow the calorie percentages suggested in Dr. Fuhrman's, Eat to Live, diet.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Age 21.

HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH? ~133 (HW: 145)
    HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5'0
    WHEN/HOW DO YOU WORKOUT? Currently just trying to adjust to a healthier lifestyle and working to get steps with FitBit
    ARE YOU MAINTAINING OR LOSING? Losing
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT? 1200
    HOW MANY CALS DO YOU NET? ~1000. (FitBit totally exaggerates calories burned, so this number is a guess.)

I'm trying to work on netting 1200, but I'm struggling to do so every day because I've never been one to eat often. I'm switching from frequent take out to less high calorie options which is leaving me just as full with a huge deficit some days. Ugh.