What is the Best Protein Powder???

124»

Replies

• dan23chi
    dan23chi Posts: 26 Member
    Gold standard best I have tried with great results. Strawberry and double chocolate get my vote. Great taste with water or milk.
  • If you are looking for a vegan option: Warrior Force. 19 grams of protein in a 25 gram serving. Mixes into juice, kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese easily. Not terribly gritty. The unflavored version doesn't taste like much of anything at all. A little expensive. Available on Amazon and at the company's website, healthforce.com.
  • I use impact whey protein isolate cheap too for the same reasons as you
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    the best one is the one that you like best..

I personally use GNC amped whey chocolate but it is kind of pricey and I am sure it is not superior to the cheaper brands, I just like it...
  • ptrively
    ptrively Posts: 1
    Just tossing my vote here for Trutein, their cinabun flavor is delicious, it's low sugar, low calorie.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    My fave is Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle.
  • LoveInnocent
    LoveInnocent Posts: 44 Member
    I really like Eas Soy protein powder. Its a bit chalky but when you put it in a smoothie with half a banana and almond milk or soy milk, it is delicious!! I am going to try the Eas Lean 15 in about a month and I'll let you know how that one is.
  • Optimum Nutrition or MuscleTech are two of the best. You can get both from amazon for a lot cheaper than buying them from the actual GNC store/website.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    I enjoy Designer Whey. It mixes easy in water and milk/almond milk. The flavors are good and not too sweet or chalky. Also, it has no artificial sweeteners or flavors. I am very happy with all the flavors I have tried so far. Also, it's very affordable. I buy it from Trader Joes or Amazon. About $1 a serving.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Protein is protein - some sources have a better protein to carb ratio, but I wouldn't worry about amino acids, BCAAs and whatnot, in fact I actively avoid mixtures have anything added - your amino acids etc should come from your varied diet.
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    in for research
  • lyannec13
    lyannec13 Posts: 20 Member
    My favorite is iso-100 from Dymatize. It's an isolate. Just has amazing nutrition. 110 Calories and 25g of proteins. Like 1 g of carbs and fat. It taste really good as well. It's a little bit more expensive than ON but I rather spend the extra few dollars and get it.
  • I started with Body Fortress and now use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, I did a lot of research and ON gives you the most bang for your buck per scoop. Also buying in bulk is cheaper, get the 5 lb tubs.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    We all have our personal favorites.

Basically, go with a good solid isolate protein that you can get from a supplements store, Vitamin Cottage, Vitamin Shoppe, or GNC. Your local 24 Hour Fitness or gym where the hardcore lifters workout will carry something similar. I don't know about Planet Fitness, Lifetime Fitness or the others.

These sources are across the board the very most expensive way to go. Gyms have huge mark ups on products you can buy from many sources online for far less. Bodybuilding.com has a good selection, good prices and sometimes free shipping. Amazon has some good deals too. Shop around.

I use the ON gold standard right now, vanilla ice cream