About metabolism

Options
Hey everyone, about this metabolism can you increase it to the point of "eat a lot, stay skinny"? I've been doing strength training to increase my muscle mass, and more muscle will increase my metabolism. But, is it possible to increase it further so i can eat a lot without have to worry about getting fat? Honestly, it's my dream to eat a lot and stay skinny (sorry). My friend who eat mainly junk food and stay skinny must have an awesome metabolism, and i really want that kind metabolism. So, Is there any other thing i can to increase metabolism beside gaining muscle? Thanks before !

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    While more muscle mass will increase your calorie burn it's probably not as much as you think. The "skinny" people you see who seem to eat a lot and stay skinny are very likely moving a heck of a lot. My wife is like that, but she bounces around like a rubber ball. lol For most people, learning self control is critical.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ^ what this guy said…

you are basically stuck with the metabolism you have…

you get the same metabolic effect from eating six small meals as you do with one large meal…
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism can change, if you eat less fat. If you eat a whole foods, plant based diet, low in fat, and heavy in carbohydrates, you can eat more calories overall.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism can change, if you eat less fat. If you eat a whole foods, plant based diet, low in fat, and heavy in carbohydrates, you can eat more calories overall.
    what nonsense
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

lulz
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

no.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I think what you mean to say is that you can get more bulk/food for your calories since fruits and vegetables are generally low. That doesn't mean you can have MORE calories, though. :-)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

Huh?????
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Build muscle and stay active.

Even then your metabolism is only going to increase slightly.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Get a hard manual labor job
    Eat a lot and stay 'skinny'
    ?????????
    Profit
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

I think what you mean to say is that you can get more bulk/food for your calories since fruits and vegetables are generally low. That doesn't mean you can have MORE calories, though. :-)
    Nope. I said what i meant, and meant what i said.
  • ndj1979
    Options

you mean I can change it out like a spare tire?
  • SymphonynSonata
    Options

So if I go raw I can eat 2,000 calories and lose weight instead of 1,500 calories? In other words, I can eat 20 bananas a day and lose weight with no extra exertion and not gain a single ounce? Are you sure? Are you positive? I can eat some banana/date/strawberry smoothies on top of my other 1,500 calories and not gain because the choice allows me more calories? I don't remember reading this in any books or watching it in any documentaries and I was a high raw vegan for many, many years!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My husband can shovel in what he likes and not gain any weight.

Although, he did a fell race this morning, went for a family swim and is now weeding at his mothers...

Nope, purely the lucky metabolism :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

So if I go raw I can eat 2,000 calories and lose weight instead of 1,500 calories? In other words, I can eat 20 bananas a day and lose weight with no extra exertion and not gain a single ounce? Are you sure? Are you positive? I can eat some banana/date/strawberry smoothies on top of my other 1,400 calories and not gain because the choice allows me more calories? I don't remember reading this in any books or watching it in any documentaries and I was a high raw vegan for many, many years!

yes, a plant based diet contains a set number of negative calorie foods; hence, it is superior to all other diets…
  • SymphonynSonata
    Options

So if I go raw I can eat 2,000 calories and lose weight instead of 1,500 calories? In other words, I can eat 20 bananas a day and lose weight with no extra exertion and not gain a single ounce? Are you sure? Are you positive? I can eat some banana/date/strawberry smoothies on top of my other 1,400 calories and not gain because the choice allows me more calories? I don't remember reading this in any books or watching it in any documentaries and I was a high raw vegan for many, many years!

yes, a plant based diet contains a set number of negative calorie foods; hence, it is superior to all other diets…

Oh wow, I should have let my scale know.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

you mean I can change it out like a spare tire?

yes, because tires are made from rubber, and rubber is made from plants, so your new, changed out metabolism will be a 80/10/10 calorie burning furnace. because science.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ok, eating a lot but staying skinny can be achieved by a simple principal:
    Exercise enough so you balance out your calories.

People who are skinny but eat loads are highly active, in day-to-day movements in addition to exercise.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Sorry, are you being paid by Freelee the Banana Girl or something? I see you spouting this kind of nonsense everywhere with precisely nothing to back it up.