beach body beef.

Options
So i have a bone to pick with all you people...(not to everyone but most of you) THIS IS NOT A SALES WEBSITE!!! one more time to make it clear NOT A SALES WEBSITE!!!! we are all here trying to support each other in what everyone wants to do and that is lose weight and get support.

i wish all you people would change your names and have a BB before or after your name so we all know what your intentions really are...

You selling beachbody products to people who are on a diet is feeding off of peoples insecurities. Yes im doing p90X and yes its working. BUT let me make this clear i would lose the exact same amount of calories doing any high intensity work out.

And the shakeology stuff... i mean really people ... for 100's of years people have been skinny without shakes and protein drinks... maybe its a hint ;) go natural its way cheaper and i guarantee its way better for you.

anyways back to my original point.. QUIT SELLING YOUR OVERPRICED STUFF ON HERE!!! thank you.

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    the beach body thing has bugged me a bit for a little while now mostly because I don't get it, I don't quite feel as strongly as you do about it but I'm curious....what would this be called, shilling? using mfp as a promotional tool? what are beach body people here to do? just sell stuff? or....?
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    yea, I get tired of "You should be a bbody coach! You would rock!" I hate that crap. Stop it!
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    the beach body thing has bugged me a bit for a little while now mostly because I don't get it, I don't quite feel as strongly as you do about it but I'm curious....what would this be called, shilling? using mfp as a promotional tool? what are beach body people here to do? just sell stuff? or....?

what on earth is shilling?? and yep mfp for profit..

and im kinda mad cause i just saw someone promoting the heck out of shakeology pretty much stuffing it down peoples throats about how amazing it is and how it guarantees this and that... it irked me just enough to make a post about it
  • maletac
    Options
    i love all the postive feed back agreement :) thanks guys
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Yea, I hate it... Do your research guys! The stuff bbody sells is cheaper everywhere else in different forms. Oh and shakeology is used for a flush. You don't need it if you already have done one and you can do it way cheaper using other methods.
  • Qbanldy
    Qbanldy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love it when someone has the guts to tell it like it is!! Thank you!!!
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Totally agree. It is against the rules but it seems kinda hard to regulate because I constantly see the beach body self promotion. I had never heard of Beach Body before MFP.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I thought shilling might be an obscure term, i've heard it used on a forum to describe a member who is constantly promoting a company, the rules of the forum state no promotions allowed. so its that. maybe lol?

I'm thinking maybe members should be mad.
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's what the little "Report Post" button is for at the bottom...help stop the spammers! ;-)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!!! 100 % Thank you for the post :)
  • maletac
    Options
    That's what the little "Report Post" button is for at the bottom...help stop the spammers! ;-)

you cant cause they leave it as comments on peoples statuses
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    you cant cause they leave it as comments on peoples statuses

In that case, I would message "mike", and ask to block the person who left a blatant sales pitch on my wall
  • maletac
    Options
    who's mike and it wasnt on my page they were trying to sell it on someone elses page
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    who's mike and it wasnt on my page they were trying to sell it on someone elses page

Mike is the dude that created MFP, lol.
  • maletac
    Options

how does everyone but me know this?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

You haven't been on long enough to notice...or you're totally blind, lol.
  • maletac
    Options

You haven't been on long enough to notice...or you're totally blind, lol.

probably both ... mainly the second one though
  • shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Agreed on your post!

Oh--and i had no idea who "mike" was either! lol!
  • dnsrmr
    dnsrmr Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've never seen anyone try to promote any of those highly expensive shakes or supplements to me or on this site, but wouldn't put it passed someone to try it.
    Everyone has their own way of eating, exercising, etc.
    This is a wonderful SUPPORT site, not a sales site.
    So right you are by posting this.
    I just hope I don't see any of that sales stuff come my way.
    I'd ignore it anyway.
    I'm a low carb eater, and that stuff doesn't interest me, and I don't care what anyone says about My way of eating/dieting.
    I've done better on this site alone than any other place because of all of you MFP's, and the way Mike set this site up.
    Thx 4 posting the sales No-No's.
    It's totally wrong to prey on people like that, or try to make a buck here. That's not the intention of this site at all.
    Good post!
This discussion has been closed.