PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

Options

Replies

• Junken__Diraffe
    Options
    I'm 6' tall. Before: 215. After: 155. I've gained back about ten after an exceedingly lazy winter, but am working on getting that back off now.

59941475_7704.jpg
  • beckermsb1
    Options
    Wow - incredible - thanks for sharing and GREAT JOB!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Well these photos made me get off my butt and go to the gym!:smile:

Same here. I really can't be arsed to go to the gym this afternoon...but am going to head out now.
  • Nialuv24
    Nialuv24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Shanz78
    Shanz78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hello amazing people great work everyone :happy:

the first photo taken 2/27/2014 at 188 pounds second photo taken 3/28/2014 at 183 pounds 5 pound difference but almost 35 inches lost in 30 days

I'm 5'7.5 with a large frame

feb27th_zps03a5a616.jpg

camera_20140328133938649_zpsdb436fa8.jpg

You only lost 5lbs? that's incredible!! What did you do?

I do about 175-200 push ups a day (spread out like during commercial breaks while watching tv) I also do 30 minuets of cardio / hiit almost daily and boxing/sparing/kickboxing 4-6 nights a week. the big change was I quit going out to eat and I upped my water or more like started drinking water in stead of just red bull. I also recently upped my calories and have lost about 5 more pounds since taking these photos. here's my months progress photos. I've had 5 kids it really shows in my stomach.

40c7dc7e-d637-44ec-8c12-7a4b02ed05af_zps7ff626a5.jpg

Thanks for the information, you busted your *kitten* and it shows. Congratulations and keep up the good work you look great!
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well these photos made me get off my butt and go to the gym!:smile:

My point being I didn't. Yet anyway. I'm only now considering going in for some resistance/weight training to boost metabolism and tighten up the flabby bits ;)

Well done whats your height out of interest?

173cm
  • nashwaboy
    Options
    gji1.jpg
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    gji1.jpg

i think you mean..

gji1.jpg
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall. Before: 215. After: 155. I've gained back about ten after an exceedingly lazy winter, but am working on getting that back off now.

59941475_7704.jpg

amazing transformation! great job! :)
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options

tVR8IvZ.gif
    :noway: in 4 months at 57?! I'm goint to kettle the hell out of myself now, thanks for that.. :tongue:
  • themaher
    themaher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great work - and great reminder too!
  • MrsKgettingfit
    MrsKgettingfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, everyone looks fantastic, well done!! I will hopefully be able to post some before/during/after pics in a few months.
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    good job! you look fantastic!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!

08/2012
    imagejpg5_zps1fab4a75.jpg

04/2014
    imagejpg2_zps19f2490f.jpg
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Replying just so I can follow this amazing thread!
  • acaciamavro
    acaciamavro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 months today since first picture, 62 days on MFP. So far, down 23lbs, 11 inches off hips, 8 inches off waist, 5 inches off chest, in 9 weeks! Total of 24 inches (2 feet!!!) gone!

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/acaciam/Weight Loss/2970027f-67aa-4559-856d-17dbd2bd5b97.png[/img]

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/acaciam/Weight Loss/e62057bd-23df-4acd-9a8b-997a28d0b47f.png[/img]

You look amazing in a short space of time. Have you achieved this by calorie deficit or any particular exercise?

All you guys rock. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much! :-)
    Short answer: Calorie deficit and lots of exercise, including strength training, as well as honestly logging everything. Basically, I spent my first few weeks here on MFP lurking on every forum and reading everything, then actually following some of the advice that seemed sensible, and that I heard repeated by multiple people across multiple threads.
    Long answer:
    I've been eating at about 1000 calorie deficit, some days a little more than that, but always keeping my net above 1200. I eat as much protein as I can stand (starting to get sick of tuna and chicken, so just started adding protein shakes) and set my macros to 50/25/25 carb/fat/protein, and try to stay near there, at least for the weekly totals. I even got a food scale to see how far off I was on portion size estimates (not terrible in most cases, but way off in others). My diary is open if you want to take a look - I track absolutely everything, and am honest about it all, which has been a huge part of why I have been successful so far. I haven't cut out any foods or food groups, but I do make conscious choices on how I want to spend my calories, and keep surprising myself by choosing the more nutritious and filling ones over junk food, mostly because I know I get to have a much bigger helping of the "good" stuff than I would of the junk (giant bowl of homemade popcorn vs a single brownie, the popcorn usually wins).
    I go to the gym 6 days a week, 3 days of just cardio - elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike and/or swimming, generally for about an hour. On the other 3 days, I do an hour of strength training, mostly with kettle-bells or just body weight. I do see a trainer once a week, just to learn more about what I should be doing, and to learn good form, since I've never really done any strength training before, and his answer is always more squats, lunges, rows, push-ups, and planks, and adding weight or difficulty to each as much as I can stand. When I started, I couldn't even do one "real" push-up, and now, 10 weeks in, I'm doing 2 or 3 sets of 10 on my strength days, along with everything else, and loving it!
    Most of what I've been doing I have also found recently in the book New Rules of Lifting for Women, which has been a great guide in teaching me more about form, function, and other ways to do the same stuff I'm already doing. (Not really following the program exactly, but see it as a good guide and reference for now, with a lot of very useful info)
    The other thing I invested in about a month ago is a heart monitor/activity tracker. I personally went with the Polar Loop with Polar HR7 monitor, because I like a lot of the features it offers. That made a huge difference in figuring out my actual activity level and calories spent on normal days vs calories burned at the gym, particularly with the strength training.
    It's all working for me so far, and seems sustainable at this point. I can't wait to update again in a few more months once I get to my next big goal! I have a long way to go, and will never be "done", but I'm actually really enjoying the process so far, and with everything I've learned, I know I'm never going back!
  • funnybun1
    funnybun1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lots of inspiration in this thread I tell ya :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!