Why so much hating on Beachbody coaches?

Options
I am not a Beach body coach, I do not have a Beach body coach. I do not drink Shakology. I do have Insanity and T25, and think they are great programs. I just wonder why so many people on here hate on them? If you find something that changes your health, and makes you happy it is natural to want to share that. It doesn't offend me if someone wants to share what has worked for them. I read it if I am interested. or skip over it if not. Seriously wondering if I am missing the reason why there are so many negative comments about BB coaches.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Because a lot of them are very pushy, pretty much. I don't want people to try to sell me stuff.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Pyramid scheme.
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've had people on this site try to sell me stuff. When I realized what they were doing, I deleted them from my FL.

I came her to get healthy and fit, not to be part of someone's marketing audience.

I don't need that stuff to get where I'm going. There are other healthy ways to do it that are free.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    yeah. what they said.

i put up a workout buddy wanted on craigslist, and the ONLY response i got was from a beachbody coach. i REALLY wanted an actual living breathing person to workout with, not a fb group trying to sell me products.

i have 2 packs of shakeology in my cabinet from a coach who did not disclose and came TO MY HOUSE under false pretenses (we did workout though) they are about to expire. i was NOT happy.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't hate BB coaches.
    My main issue with some beach body coaches is that it literally takes ZERO expertise to become one. Any old Joe off the street is able to be a BB coach.

I've found this to be true. My good friend is a Beachbody coach and she barely works out. I'll probably get dinged for saying this, but it's factual...she's obese. She works out perhaps once a week at most and even then it's walking, not something from the Beachbody DVD series. She has other side jobs. She does BB coaching purely to make money not because she believes in fitness.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Because they aren't coaches...they are salesmen.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The clue is in the name.

They're not coaches.
    They're not qualified to be coaches.
    They're unqualified sales victims.
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have several Beach Body programs that I've purchased on my own free will from no particular person. But I can't stand the coaches. Friends I forgot I even had and haven't heard from in YEARS that became coaches all of the sudden step out of the woodworks to let me know their sales pitch. Also, I don't want to hear about how great Shakeology is. I can get something way healthier and cheaper at the local co-op. That's my reasoning, at least :)
  • mariahmilan
    mariahmilan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have several of the programs and a beach body coach that is really awesome and has become such a friend. I think in any business some people are pushy and some are doing it because they can not only support a family but they can also help people and do what they love.

A pyramid scheme is a scheme where there are no products sold. A network marketing company is a company that has products to sell but rather than selling retail (which takes a crap-ton of advertising dollars) they sell through word of mouth.

I am not a beach body coach or have a desire to be one, but I think a good portion of them are really great people who are just trying to make a living and help others!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Because so many of them tout a pyramid scheme product, pushy, push a product to replace meals in which tastes awful, lightens the wallet and all of this in which can be achieved with proper caloric eating, exercise, and last but not least the misinformation they have been known to push. THAT'S why.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't hate people. It's a strong word. I also though think coach is an earned title. Calling people who a sales people, coaches just seems wrong to me. Now I saw on Facebook that herbalife is using the term. Seriously ?

I am also not a fan of many of the other pyramid schemes. Some like Tupperware have great products, but I am turned off a little after some bad service. A lady at work tries to sell everyone stuff and as figured out I won't buy any of these magic potions she knows nothing about. Or bras. Sick of seeing her trying to sell bras in a fricken factory.....
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I don't hate anybody, including beach body coaches, but I do become upset when someone, including beach body coaches, try to sell me on their "special" way of losing weight. For many coaches selling a product, it's not about helping other become fit, it's about helping themselves get more money. It's not just beach body, there are many other "coaches" who are out looking for human prey who know little or nothing about fitness and would like a quick fix.

You don't need any special products to lose weight, you just need to eat at a calorie deficit. That's it. Exercise is an added plus because it tones, provides endurance, makes you feel good, and allows more calorie intake, but it's not at all necessary to lose weight.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Because they aren't coaches...they are salesmen.

^ This. It is a dishonest and pushy marketing company selling shakes. That is all.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've had people on this site try to sell me stuff. When I realized what they were doing, I deleted them from my FL.
    I even have people who aren't on my FL who send me PM's trying to sell me stuff.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Because they're salesmen, pushing an overpriced product, and not coaches.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    yeah. what they said.

i put up a workout buddy wanted on craigslist, and the ONLY response i got was from a beachbody coach. i REALLY wanted an actual living breathing person to workout with, not a fb group trying to sell me products.

i have 2 packs of shakeology in my cabinet from a coach who did not disclose and came TO MY HOUSE under false pretenses (we did workout though) they are about to expire. i was NOT happy.

Lol that is weird.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What everyone said :) And you need NO experience to be a BB coach..just sign up...you get your Shakeology for 25% off the retail and get a kickback on anything you sell....or coaches under you sell. I was a coach...but was unsuccessful because (according to my coach) I "wasn't pushy enough". LOL....True story...we went to a BB conference a few hours away and one of the more successful coaches was there....she was laughing about how gross Shakeology was , how she never worked out or believed in the product, and how if people she coached didn't buy stuff she dropped them......but I honestly think there are good coaches out there who care....people just don't like coming to MFP and having people try to sell them stuff. I didn't like my "coach" telling me that (while exclusively breastfeeding) I should only consume 1500 calories a day while doing P90X...when I questioned his logic he told me to just quit BFing..that's what his wife did...my body was more important :P He obviously (for being a successful coach) had no clue what he was talking nor did he want to try to help me...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    They be spamming, once they find out you don't know diddly about their "program"...