Conflicted

Options
Sinisterly
Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
Have you ever been conflicted between choice A and choice B?
Or C or D or whatever else other choice there is?

Well, something's come up.. And I'm conflicted right now.
EXTREMELY conflicted. Feels as if the lines are blurred somewhere along the way and I just cannot, for the life of me, decide what to do!

How do YOU deal when you are conflicted about something that you just cannot shake?
What helps you decide which route to go?? What is your thought process like?

Just looking for some insight here.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Options
    Oh, and just wanted to add, not going to discuss what the choices are haha.
    Bit personal, but hey.

Any input extremely appreciated, as I am going out of my wits end and have lost contact with most of my friends in town over moving away.
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I generally would choose the choice that I think I would regret more.

There is also that saying that basically says that you should throw a coin in the air, and you will know what side you want it to land - that's your choice.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    First gut instinct.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I generally would choose the choice that I think I would regret more.
    Right. This is me right there. I know I HAVE TO quite possibly make the choice I'd hate most. It eats me up inside.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    First gut instinct.
    If your gut hasn't decided which is which, how do you choose it, then?
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    Its very hard to give advise on something that you don't know what it is your giving advise about, but with that being said... Sometimes I think I am conflicted and really I knew the path that I wanted to go the whole time. Take your time and think the whole thing through and I know that you will make the right choice FOR YOU. Whatever it is, I hope that you make the choice that makes you happy!
  • Technolero
    Options
    Don't over-analyze . Go with your gut feeling.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    write out a pluses and delta / pros and cons list
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    I would spend some time thinking about the criteria for deciding first - what factors should I consider in making the decision and how important are they relative to each other. Then consider the options relative to the criteria.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    time to play... rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    time to play... rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.
    Lol <3.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Its very hard to give advise on something that you don't know what it is your giving advise about, but with that being said... Sometimes I think I am conflicted and really I knew the path that I wanted to go the whole time. Take your time and think the whole thing through and I know that you will make the right choice FOR YOU. Whatever it is, I hope that you make the choice that makes you happy!
    Yes, sorry about the vagueness haha. Just don't want to get a ton of PMs about it.
    Just path 1 will take some time, path 2.. Shouldn't, but then path 1 will probably be very unhappy indeed.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Don't over-analyze . Go with your gut feeling.

I wouldn't think I'm over analyzing, not in this case. However, choice 1 changes quite a bit and is driving this hangry bunny insane.
    write out a pluses and delta / pros and cons list

Very good idea! I will definitely try this. I love lists :) lol :flowerforyou:
    I would spend some time thinking about the criteria for deciding first - what factors should I consider in making the decision and how important are they relative to each other. Then consider the options relative to the criteria.

Hmmm. With importance, yes. That's also true. Happiness doesn't always go hand in hand with something being important, as a any adult, I can see that.
    Thanks for the perspective on that!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the flip a coin idea. You'll know what you really want when it's in the air ;)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    If it's a life-changing decision, I wait until both my mind and my heart are going in the same direction. Sometimes causes me to stay in the same place longer than I should, but looking back, I have never regretted waiting and then moving forward, whereas I have regretted a few times where I've made a hasty decision.

Anything else? I go with the flip a coin decision making approach.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Divination.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    If it's a life-changing decision, I wait until both my mind and my heart are going in the same direction. Sometimes causes me to stay in the same place longer than I should, but looking back, I have never regretted waiting and then moving forward, whereas I have regretted a few times where I've made a hasty decision.

I think I love you. :flowerforyou:
    There's an answer I can go to bed with tonight! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You are wise.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    sleep on it - your subconscious will do the work for you
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I think I love you. :flowerforyou:
    There's an answer I can go to bed with tonight! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

You are wise.

:heart: you to Sin! You'll come up with the right answer in time :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Usually I make a pros and cons list and try to make decisions rationally rather than emotionally. Although it depends on what the matter is being decided. The deciding factor is usually what will make me happiest in the long-term.

Other questions I would ask myself:

- will anyone get hurt by this decision
    - who else will this decision affect besides me
    - what is the worst case scenario for either choice / what is the best case scenario for either choice
    - will either choice take a toll on my mental or physical health
    - what would i advise a friend who was facing the same dilemma