Does anyone else workout at night?

Options
I reallllly try to get in early morning runs and circuit training, but Im not the early morning person I used to be. And honestly in the morning I would rather sit, drink coffee, and check my email. I get motivated and anxious yo workout at night. Friends and family think it's strange, but I'm not seeing any loss of progress, so I think I'm all good. Sometimes after a long night on the computer doing work I find I want to workout at like 10-12pm. Just curious if anyone else is like that?

Replies

• silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the same way, I like working out at nights or late afternoons. This quarter, I get to do two morning runs a week... ugh.
  • strive4Life77
    Options
    I'm to tired then!! I have to get it in by 8pm
  • ghouliejulie85
    ghouliejulie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I workout at night. I'm not a morning person at all. I started off working out around 7pm and I usually try to workout around this time, but other times I find myself working out around 8-9pm
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    7:15 pm on Monday and Wednesday. 5 pm on saturday. Too lazy to get up before work I get up at five am and leave for an hour commute to work. Get home about 6:30 pm. Eat dinner head to trainer at small local gym.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. It's nearly 11:30 PM here and I'm about to work out. I am most definitely a night person. Regardless of when or if I sleep, I am nearly always more active and awake at night. As long as you're getting your workouts in and your calorie intake isn't adversely affected by it, I don't see the harm.
  • catawbalovely
    catawbalovely Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do. I work out at 10-12 at night. I get on the elliptical while watching a movie or a show I like. I'm not a morning person at all. I get my kids around and to school in the morning then come home and go back to bed. Get up at 10:30 to 11:00 am.
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to start my workout at around 10pm. I only stopped because my scheduled changed drastically. I still prefer late working out because I'm hydrated and fed with plenty of time to let my food digest, but it's not really reasonable for me any more.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm a night owl in the gym too. I find that I'm so busy in the day that when I go to the gym at night, I'm less distracted by events of the day. It's my time to focus on a good workout. Plus there's never a crowd after 8:00 p.m. Love that!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I workout at night or evenings as well, I'm not a morning person.

Edited cuz I misread something
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Glad im not alone. Im sure my neighbors think I'm on drugs when I leave the windows open. :/ oh well, exercise is exercise!
  • m3dreamer2011
    Options
    I tend to do a session in the morning and then another at night. If I go for a long run in the morning I only do a short session at night but on the flipside I often run at night to make up for the fact that I slept in, or ate a lot of junk during the day...........
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I like having my workouts around noon time but sometimes i do work out at night if i haven't done it during the day. I like 5-8pm type lateness. I feel like anything after that is odd for me unless I'm really in a workout mood and want to do more / can't sleep.
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No no! I have been at this for a little while! Just didnt start MFP till march. And i must have worded that wrong. I am seeing results. What i mean was i haven't seen a difference in the results im getting now that im working out at night compared to when i was working out in the morning. Stupid phone makes it difficult!
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    With 2 growing boys up at the crack of dawn the only time I have truly to myself is in the later evening. Not much choice but it seems to work for me.... I personally think everyone has their own built in clock to do different things and best for it. I do not think if you are strong enough to give a great effort in the evening or in the morning it simply the ability to give it your all.
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Only if I'm counting sex as exercise.
  • madambutterfly91
    madambutterfly91 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hate morning workouts they just never work for me. I end up working out right after work because if I don't do it then I end up taking a nap and getting nothing done but work. That and my husband doesn't like the idea of me going for walks in the dark.
  • xplosion80
    xplosion80 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I workout 60 mins 5 times a week generally around 9 PM and lost 21 pounds so far after I started in Mid December 2013.
    Hope this info helps you :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evening or afternoons. I am so far from being a morning person.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I also prefer nights. I'm not a morning person. I go for a walk when I get up, but that's all I can stand. I do my intense workouts in the evening/afternoons.
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm a night owl, so I'm most awake at night. Besides, everything's done by then so I can worry about working out and nothing else. So yeah, I tend to work out at night unless I'm hiking (then I go in the early morning).