Out of calories, hungry, what do you eat?

Options

Replies

• kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    For minimal calories:
    Fruit tea.
    Low cal hot chocolate.
    Apple or veggies.
    If I'm actually genuinely hungry I'll have a proper snack but we eat dinner pretty late so that doesn't really happen. If you're often hungry maybe eat more/different dinner?
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try fat free yogurt frozen like an ice lolly or frozen sparkling water lollies. If you prefer sweet then freeze some fat free jelly on lolly sticks ....delicious!!!!:happy:
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Coca-cola zero. A lot of coke zero.
  • LauraJayneHazzard
    LauraJayneHazzard Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to have flavoured cups of tea (peppermint and licorice, berry fruit teas etc) or I've grown to like raw mushrooms, very low cal snack! Otherwise other veggies like tomatoes and green beans are very low cal and tasty with a bit of lemon!
  • MN_Meg
    MN_Meg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic idea! Thanks!
  • princessnarmor
    princessnarmor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The other website, the name brand one for Weight Wishers, has a one point soup. It has no carbs. There's a great veggie bouillon called "better than bouillon. Follow the directions. You can put any veggies you want in it as long as you don't use corn or peas or anything with starchy carbs.

I use cabbage cauliflower red pepper onions celery and sometimes squash in mine. I make a huge pot of it and put it in those glad bowls with the lids and I freeze it. It usually makes enough to last me a week. I actually eat this for breakfast.

The most filling ingredient is the cauliflower.
  • PamazonDreams
    PamazonDreams Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The other website, the name brand one for Weight Wishers, has a one point soup.

I use cabbage cauliflower red pepper onions celery and sometimes squash in mine. I make a huge pot of it and put it in those glad bowls with the lids and I freeze it. It usually makes enough to last me a week. I actually eat this for breakfast.

I DO THIS TOO!! I make mine with cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and/or kale, celery, onions, and sometimes a 1/4 cup of tomato paste and some hot pepper flakes.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I will just exercise for more calories.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I drink water first to make sure I'm actually hungry... then I just snack on something light, pickles, grapes, and apple... or I make myself go to bed because I'm just fridge hoovering and bored.
  • ashahardt
    ashahardt Posts: 10
    Options
    Water!! Lots of it! Or a glass perrier! The bubbles help make your stomach expand.

If that doesn't work then some celery or romaine lettuce with hot sauce and a tiny bit of cream cheese.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Usually, if I'm out of calories I just drink water, or take a walk, or take a nap. I try to distract myself with something completely unrelated to food.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    An obvious ones...
    Salad.
    Can have quite a lot for very little calories if choosing the right bits.

I tend to have it with lean meat, because meat.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Whoa, I just discovered protein fluff! :love:
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I plan all 3 meals in the morning and allow 300 calories for breakfast and lunch. This gives me 600 for dinner if I need to, but since breakfast and lunch always fall short and usually dinner does as well. This helps me plan for a nice snack. I usual have FF vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit in it. It takes care of the sweet tooth, plus gives me the protein and fruit that I need. Love it! I have also added LF peanut butter to it and used it for dip.
  • jables85
    jables85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds silly, but I drink a 12 oz. can of lime flavored La Croix. It is basically a club soda with a little flavor to it (0 calorie, 0 sugars, naturally flavored) but the carbonation seems to give me a "full" feeling and makes it feel like a treat unlike regular water. I don't drink one everyday, but I do like to have them on hand for my weaker moments. :-)

Either that or a cup of peppermint tea. Peppermint is said to be a natural appetite suppressant and a warm cup of tea also feels like more of a treat than a glass of water.
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Canned vegetables!!!
    I'm serious.
    Canned.
    Vegetables.
    100 grams of mushrooms are like 15 calories.
    100 grams of corn are maybe 60 calories, but that's still not bad!
    CANNED VEGGIES!
    Also, how about you just go out for a jog?
    40 minutes of running at 6mph can burn 400 calories. Almost a whole extra meal! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You know, after trying several things, I think what works the best for me is 3 slices of deli ham rolled up with 1 slice of cheese. Veggies or popcorn never works.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Everybody that said "water" is right. Many nights I have talked myself our of snacking by drinking water. It's hard if you eaten your calories too early in the day, then I think you have to choose wisely.
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    I love the sugar free fudgicles you can buy at walmart for $1.00! (For like a 10 pk!!!!) They are only 40 cals each! Even though they are sugar free they taste chocolate-y. I also love chocolate rice cakes from quaker (60 calories)
  • mynameisnotemily
    mynameisnotemily Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A rice cake with about 1 Tbsp light peanut butter and - this is key! - about a half teaspoon honey is my snack of choice.

The rice cake's crunchy, which satisfies the immediate urge to eat, and fills up a bit of space in your stomach, the peanut butter is a nice blend of fat & protein to actually satisfy you and give you a bit of energy, and the half teaspoon honey is magic that somehow makes the satisfaction last a lot longer. I don't know why. Don't cut out the honey.

Plum-M-Good rice cakes are my usual choice instead of the Quaker brand. They are much crunchier and more flavorful. I use creamed honey by preference, but I don't think it makes a difference.