Diet Pills- what do you think?

Options
13»

Replies

• selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I bought some when I was younger, realised I couldn't even swallow them anyway :P
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Diet pills suck!

I agree that it is a shame the crap has been allowed on the market. I know people have to take responsibility for their choices but they still suck. All of those pills do the same things - suppress the appetite and increase energy. These could be accomplished much more safely with food reduction and exercise.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

my 6 year old loves this. so do i .
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    is this chap a real doctor. We have a tv doctor on gmtv in the UK and i would trust what he says. This Dr OZ just sounds like an evil sales man.
  • Ashleygrand86
    Ashleygrand86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @jbella99, can you please suggest me some good brand where I can buy those minerals? maybe one with all those ingredients at the same time? thank you.

I would never consider taking a diet pill... You don't know what is on the inside and I have heard some pretty horrific stories regarding the raspberry ketone pills.

If you are looking for a good supplement - Juice Plus capsules are the way forward. It is quite literally fruit and veg in a capsule (Capsule is a gelatin capsule) It's the only bio available product I know of (By that I mean it actually gets into your system and doesn't just give you expensive wee like most other 'vitamin tablets'

If they are good for Bear Grylls - They are good for me haha! x (But seriously... from experience they are great... not just because an advert told me they were!) x

why not just eat fruit and vegetables….???

I do - But I could not physically eat 26 portions of fruit and veg in a day - Let alone afford it! Taking my capsules I know I get the essence of a minimum of 26 in a day - everything else I physically eat is a bonus. x
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    If there was a magic pill I would have found it years ago. I found the magic.....hard work and dedication!!! 109 pounds down and still going
  • Ashleygrand86
    Ashleygrand86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If they are good for Bear Grylls - They are good for me haha! x (But seriously... from experience they are great... not just because an advert told me they were!) x

tumblr_lghehd3jbI1qfyncko1_400.jpg

Doubt he drinks Urine at home.... that's obviously his extreme survival stuff.

You never know, if you get lost in the artic / forest / whatever crazy situation Mr Grylls sticks himself in then you might find yourself having a crisp glass of your own waste.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've been on this train a couple of times

I took Meridia and Xenical in the past and had some success but stop taking the pills, make excuses, return to previous behaviors and pack the weight back on

This time though? just me myself and I with some awesome determination - breaking old crappy habits and learning better ones do not come in pill form.

My advice, skip the pills, find out what works for you and commit yourself.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to read your observation about Dr. Oz, I feel the same way. My mother was reading about his newest fad one day in the checkout line and said "look let's try this!" I told her he's a crook and convinces everyone that something new is their answer to weight loss. The overweight lady in front of me quickly turns around to tell me she is a health and fitness coach and that maybe Dr. Oz promotes so many things because there are so many ways to lose weight. She had an attitude, apparently I offended her when I said he's a crook. So I repeated myself: HE'S A CROOK! If I spent money on everything that man told me to do to lose weight I'd be broke and still overweight. He should stick to cardiology, isn't that what he is ... a cardiologist?
  • Ecumft09
    Ecumft09 Posts: 16
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

Best response ever...I mean EVER lol.

Absolutely! I thought the same thing.
  • Gina33907
    Gina33907 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work in a health food store and cant tell you how many people come in looking for the magic pill or the latest Dr Ozism. I have tried to explain to everyone of these people that there is no magic pill, but people want to believe there is because Dr Oz said so, or their friend said so, and they buy them anyway. Of the hundreds of people who buy, I get only a handful of repeat buyers.!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz. on t.v. daily Monday through Friday, on a t.v. season basis, so September through May or something like that? 9 months.... 36 weeks..... 180 shows? It's an hour show.... but with commercials.... still it is probably 45 minutes of time he has to fill. That's 8,100 minutes of material he has to have for the season. Do you think that possibly at some point, maybe after a couple of seasons, he might have to start pulling some ideas out of a dark unsanitary place?

How to lose weight is simple (unless you have a health issue which complicates it). Doing it isn't quite as simple, but there just isn't THAT much to discuss about weight loss day in and day out unless it is pushing some fiction.
  • marckromano
    Options
    it is impossible spend all your life eating fruit and vegetables.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    it is impossible spend all your life eating fruit and vegetables.
    with all due respect...
    61ceZFo.gif
  • marckromano
    Options
    I work in a health food store and cant tell you how many people come in looking for the magic pill or the latest Dr Ozism. I have tried to explain to everyone of these people that there is no magic pill, but people want to believe there is because Dr Oz said so, or their friend said so, and they buy them anyway. Of the hundreds of people who buy, I get only a handful of repeat buyers.!

Very good information, I guess that the magic pill doesn't exist neither, but there are some supplements that works better than other in my opinion. Some ingredients ( not brands) showed by dottor oz are clinically proven to lose weight. I used some diet pills in the past that just thinned my wallet, instead I bought a diet pill now called Phenterpill that is helping me losing weight and I will buy it again. I guess people don't have to believe about all the latest dr Oz things or to what a friend said them, but need to read theirself and understand better the supplements they are using and the ingredients they are made. Also what is good for me might not be good for someone else
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz. on t.v. daily Monday through Friday, on a t.v. season basis, so September through May or something like that? 9 months.... 36 weeks..... 180 shows? It's an hour show.... but with commercials.... still it is probably 45 minutes of time he has to fill. That's 8,100 minutes of material he has to have for the season. Do you think that possibly at some point, maybe after a couple of seasons, he might have to start pulling some ideas out of a dark unsanitary place?

How to lose weight is simple (unless you have a health issue which complicates it). Doing it isn't quite as simple, but there just isn't THAT much to discuss about weight loss day in and day out unless it is pushing some fiction.

Yeah. I don't see a TV show lasting very long if all a person did was repeat:

"Eat at a calorie deficit and pay attention to your macros and micros." repeat x500 to fill the 45 minutes of television.

Good advice doesn't market well but snake oil salesman with charisma and a too good to be true product will always draw a crowd.

Too bad.

So if it's boring, I'll give it a listen. If it's exciting, it's probably crap.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz...shudder!!! Oh, and the internet guy, Dr. Mercola. And the internet gal Mary Shoman, who professes to know all about thyroid, and says some very dangerous and risky things for people to do. I don't understand how people can get these followings who eat up every word they say. My friend watches a TV show called "The Doctors". More of the same. I guess all these people are laughing all the way to the bank.

Anyways, about diet pills. As long as someone is carefully monitored by a doctor, I think it's a good way to get a start, as long as you eat healthy; lots of fruit and vegetables, and exercise. Just my .02.