What do you eat when you're craving chocolate?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Try BOLTHOUSE CHOCOLATE protein plus drink. It kicks my chocolate cravings every time....Its in the fridge/juice section with any major retailers.

wha?! No...this is the yummy yet evil drink that made me have to skip lunch at around 400 calories for the bottle.
  • Najay
    Najay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fiber one Chocolate brownies. 90 calories. Your welcome, LOL!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I normally just have some chocolate. I can fit a bit of chocolate into my calories if I want
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut Fruit & Grain bars taste deliciously indulgent for only 120 calories.
    Small Dove dark chocolates are also good.
    You could also try some low calorie hot chocolate.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy!! Lol... there is ALWAYS room for chocolate. Honestly, like other poster have said, you can fit a piece or two (or 10) into your day. No need to binge and have 3 snickers bars. Dark chocolate kisses are awesome by the way. In the end, going over your macros a little won't derail your progress. If anything, being flexible will allow a healthy relationship with food, and give you the tools and confidence you need to maintain your goals over the long term.

Exactly!! :heart:
  • crcaru03
    crcaru03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere once to go for a walk when i crave chocolate :) I was walking a lot!!!! 90% of the time after my quick short walk i didn't crave the chocolate anymore. During that 10% of still craving chocolate i would have 1 small piece of dark chocolate. It was a great excuse to walk, and it made me more aware of my cravings and helped me control them over time. I am going to do 10 squats now instead of walking everytime I crave chocolate :)
  • thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Options
    Well said ! :)
    Blasphemy!! Lol... there is ALWAYS room for chocolate. Honestly, like other poster have said, you can fit a piece or two (or 10) into your day. No need to binge and have 3 snickers bars. Dark chocolate kisses are awesome by the way. In the end, going over your macros a little won't derail your progress. If anything, being flexible will allow a healthy relationship with food, and give you the tools and confidence you need to maintain your goals over the long term.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I feel like this is a trick question.

Answer: Chocolate?
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Cocoa Puffs! :wink:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    looks to me like youve got 940cals left for the day.
    can you shift anything to make it fit?

how did you determine 1270cals/day was right for you?

No idea...lol

well damn.

go here: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

multiply that number by .8, and eat that.

exercise calories are built in, and you will enjoy healthy, steady loss. :drinker:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    looks to me like youve got 940cals left for the day.
    can you shift anything to make it fit?

how did you determine 1270cals/day was right for you?

No idea...lol

One of the driving factors behind 1270 (if you used MFP) is "I want to lose XX pounds a week"

The problem with "I want to lose XX pounds a week" is that some people put in (too) aggressive weekly weight loss goals. Check an online TDEE / BMR calculator ..... those are basically maintenance calories / bare minimum calories. These numbers will give you a better idea...1270 may be low for you

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • Parimositabloo
    Parimositabloo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I mix a teaspoon of coconut oil with unsweetened cocoa powder, if it's too liquid, pop it in the freezer for a minute. It tastes like an almond joy :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving chocolate, I eat chocolate. If my calories are tight, I'll have a single square of Green and Black 85%, usually, which is 21 calories, but rich and satisfying enough it soothes the craving.

If you go over by 21 (or even 42) calories, it's not going to make much difference in your life. :smile: Only problem is your neighborhood convenience store may not have the super-dark chocolate.
    I second the G&B 85%. I don't like dark chocolate AT ALL and I love that stuff. It's like chocolate mousse in a little square. So yummy.

Add a little peanut butter and it's even better. I can't stand milk chocolate anymore, either, since I started eating that.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Sniff Cocoa powder. All the chocolate goodness with 0 cals.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Fiber one Chocolate brownies. 90 calories. Your welcome, LOL!

Love these! The lemon ones are pretty good too.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    mmm chocolate. I need chocolate.

I get the Thinsations. There are a few varieties of chocolate. The best chocolaty ones are the fudge dipped bars. Thinsations are all 100 calories.

Special K also is starting to come out with new items that are good. There chocolate crisps are good as well as the cookies and creme ones. (those are 100 calories for 2 crisps) Yesterday I got their dark chocolate flavored granola bar. They are 110 calories. I will let you know when I finish my lunch if it was good.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • Sara__Beth
    Sara__Beth Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Those chocolate bars from Fiber One are really good and only 90 calories. Also Quaker, I believe, makes a chocolate rice cake...YUM!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I eat chocolate...

x2
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Either Starbucks' hot cocoa packets mixed with a cup of unsweetened almond milk (100-120 calories per packet, 30 calories for almond milk), or an entire pint of Arctic Zero's Cookies & Cream 150 calorie frozen dairy dessert <3 so good! Some people don't like it too much since it does have a slight texture similar to Italian ice, but if you let it thaw out or microwave it a little as suggested, I find it to be a very creamy indulgence! May be worth trying out, it's nice to have something so low in calories fill you up while satisfying a craving ;) no artificial sweeteners in it, either, just natural monk fruit juice extract!