How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

Options
13»

Replies

• robynp80
    Options
    I am trying to lose 30lbs. I really just got back to tracking TODAY! I know being consistent is key. I had gotten down within 15 lbs of my goal, and then gained it all back because I abruptly stopped working out for the last 4 months due to a move to a new area, starting back to school. I cannot afford a gym membership like I had, which is difficult for me, because I really enjoyed the camaraderie of our classes (cross-fit type) and lifting weights which I know made a HUGE difference. I even ran and did interval sprints and some body weight exercises today. I finally feel motivated seeing how much weight I have put on, and knowing my body is not meant to be like this. My SW this time is 166lbs, and my GW is somewhere between 135-140. That is where I am happiest, so if I can keep it up this time, I will be very happy. I figured if I got on here and started talking with all of you, it will help with the accountability.
  • janemcd67
    janemcd67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I saw this topic and realized I have lost exactly 30 pounds since my second baby ( from my weight shortly AFTER delivering my son). That means, 3.5 YEARS. Wow, so many of you responding here have been so fast and successful. When I joined MFP I had already lost close to 20 of those pounds and only wanted to lose 20 more pounds or so.
    It just means I should have joined MFP a lot sooner than I did ... it is great to see all of these successes. Congratulations however to any of us who have lost anything or are searching for the way to do it.
    Life is short please don't let this take up another decade of my life!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    About 4 months.
  • KorkaKorka
    Options
    It took me 8 weeks to lose 30 lbs. I started at 265 and I am now 235.
    Good luck on your journey
  • dweinberger1
    Options
    Well, I started my weight loss journey on March 31st at 273.8 pounds and as of this morning, May 08th I'm at 232.8 pounds. It's not typical to lose that much weight in such a short time I know. I don't really understand how it happens with me. All I did was cut my calories to in between 1900-2200 a day, stop eating crap food, no gluten, eating clean and a lot of vegetables, chicken, fish. A lot of green stuff. I also go to the gym every morning and do 45 minutes on the elliptical but have recently changed that to 15 minutes on the elliptical and then 30 minutes on the stair climber (which kicks my butt.) I feel unreal. I am 35 and was horribly overweight for someone who is 5 foot 7. I hope you can find your way! Good luck!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Eight - twelve months.

But I only have ~30 lbs to lose.