Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• JNaqvi17
    JNaqvi17 Posts: 9
    Options
    I just finished T25 Alpha. Lost 12 pounds and around 14 inches. Skinned my leg pretty bad while playing football the day after completing alpha, so I can't jump to Beta anymore. I have a problem though. In the before and after pictures I took, my chest, when viewed from the side seems larger, even though the scale and inches don't indicate so. Can someone check it for me and tell me what could be wrong? I don't know how to post a picture here, so you can check it at www.jnaqvi17.tumblr.com/t25alpha
    Thanks! And add me, I need some friends on this site!
    P.s my diet and schedule is all on that site... So you can read that if you need a better understanding of the situation! Thanks for your help!
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post a picture here, so you can check it at www.jnaqvi17.tumblr.com/t25alpha

You can just add pic to your profile.
  • DLo_122
    DLo_122 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm interested in buying the Focus T25 dvd and I've done some research on Youtube but i can only seem to find coach/trainer reviews where the dvd is also being sold.

I like the idea of 25 mins - i currently do level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the morning before work so 25 mins works for me!

Has anyone on MFP done Focus T25 and what would your review be?

Thanks for any responses in advance!! xxx

I am currently on week 2 of the Alpha phase. It's an awesome workout....it's tough, but if you want great results, I would recommend it. I lost over 3 inches in the first week.

The great thing is you get a kick *kitten* workout in 25 minutes. I am not a morning person, but it's not hard to wake up 30 minutes earlier to get your workout done for the day. It's awesome! I would highly recommend T25, but be prepared! I was frustrated at first because it's hard and I felt like I was never going to be able to keep up, but I'm in my 2nd week and already feel a difference in my strength and endurance during the workout. Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking breaks here and there, but NOTHING like the first couple of days.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I had finished the Focus T25 a week ago. I had lost 21 lbs and 9 inches. I absolutely enjoyed working out with T25. My next challenge is 21 Day Fix which is only 30 minutes long. I am also a BB Coach (for 10 months now). What also helped me, was having the Shakeology along with my meals. It does help!

Good luck on your journey!
  • ttrowe
    ttrowe Posts: 1
    Options
    purchased t25,I started insanity but broke my leg while doing the program, needless to say i did not go back for a while. Watched the infomercial and liked what I saw. I am awaiting it's delivery, should be here by 4/11. in time for me to start on Sunday 4/13.

looking forward to following the modified version for a bit then switching to full on out version..

Will talk to you all again when I get started..Time to get inj shape, 51 years young need to get back into shape badly. i think my looks like a big beer can..
  • trlynn68
    trlynn68 Posts: 11
    Options
    purchased t25,I started insanity but broke my leg while doing the program, needless to say i did not go back for a while. Watched the infomercial and liked what I saw. I am awaiting it's delivery, should be here by 4/11. in time for me to start on Sunday 4/13.

looking forward to following the modified version for a bit then switching to full on out version..

Will talk to you all again when I get started..Time to get inj shape, 51 years young need to get back into shape badly. i think my looks like a big beer can..

Good luck getting started with T25. I just started this week - I'm on day 3 , woohoo - and I really like it. It's easy to fit into my morning so my workout is done before I get ready for the day. I do find myself modifying a bit, not because the moves are too hard, but I don't want my heart to explode. HA! It makes you sweat - that's for sure! But so far I'm loving it! (Total Body Conditioning today kicked my butt - lots of planks/pushups - I laid on the floor a little...) :) it'll get better!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    i didnt like it, it was boring.. i feel like it should have come before insanity.
  • J_sparkle
    J_sparkle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i didnt like it, it was boring.. i feel like it should have come before insanity.

Me too! Whew, feels good to not be alone in my opinion of this.
  • RachyT007
    RachyT007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone :-)
    I'm new to MFP but not to Shaun T workout programs.

I am now in my 2nd week of Focus T25 and I like the workouts. I completed the Insanity program last spring and although I got good results, I didn't lose much weight at all. I went from a size 18 to a 14 but, the lbs on the scale didn't budge much. This time, I'm not only working out, I have also cleaned up my eating in a MAJOR way so, I'm hoping to get better results. I wake up early to get the workout out of the way and am finding that it sets the pace for clean eating and peace of mind knowing that I've got my exercise out of the way and any other physical activity I do will benefit me even more.
    I'm trying to incorporate more magnesium rich foods into my diet since stress and constipation seem to PLAGUE me and am really hoping to start to peel away to a fitter me :-)
    I may start adding a day or 2 of HipHopAbs too...

Anyone else trying NOT to obsess about the scale because it doesn't seem to move no matter what you do? I track nearly every calorie I smell let alone eat... Scared to weigh in on Saturday and I haven't yet taken my measurements...
    *NOTE TO SELF: TAKE MEASUREMENTS!!
  • alstroemerialover
    Options
    I am in my third week of Beta. I am enjoying it. I have done other exercise dvds before (Kathy Smith, Denise Austen, Jillian Michaels, Stott pilates) but fell off the wagon and became very unfit and overweight. So far I have lost about 15 lbs but much more importantly I have lost seven inches off my mid-section, measured at the belly button. I have lost inches elsewhere too but that's by far the most dramatic. I would highly recommend this program. My fitness has also markedly improved, being able to do push-ups and burpees and other things that I couldn't dream of doing at the start. I am not following the meal plan and I don't use shakeology but I do use MFP to try to stay within 1500 calories a day when I do my workouts. I am a very busy person, two jobs and going to school, but I can still make myself fit the workouts in. I don't do the stretch video though.
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 and I'm seeing a little bit of results. My only problem is that some of the workouts, no matter how many times I do them or using modifier, they can still be too hard to get through them all. I'm not overweight either, but I did Total Body Circuit the other day and it was by far the most difficult workout I've ever done in my life. That goes along with any lower body focus as well. I still see some results so I guess that's all that matters.
  • justisroyster
    Options
    I've never experienced working out being fun for all of you saying it's boring.
  • justisroyster
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm interested in buying the Focus T25 dvd and I've done some research on Youtube but i can only seem to find coach/trainer reviews where the dvd is also being sold.

I like the idea of 25 mins - i currently do level 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred in the morning before work so 25 mins works for me!

I am currently on week 2 of the Alpha phase. It's an awesome workout....it's tough, but if you want great results, I would recommend it. I lost over 3 inches in the first week.

The great thing is you get a kick *kitten* workout in 25 minutes. I am not a morning person, but it's not hard to wake up 30 minutes earlier to get your workout done for the day. It's awesome! I would highly recommend T25, but be prepared! I was frustrated at first because it's hard and I felt like I was never going to be able to keep up, but I'm in my 2nd week and already feel a difference in my strength and endurance during the workout. Don't get me wrong, I'm still taking breaks here and there, but NOTHING like the first couple of days.

I feel the same way about how hard it is. I was always considered an in shape person, but starting to feel I'm not getting the right results because I take short breaks and you're not supposed to. It seems impossible not to. Then I get mad because I'm 24 and there's 40 year-old's who nail every workout. Motivation.
  • KetosisTina
    Options
    Hey!

I feel the same way about how hard it is. I was always considered an in shape person, but starting to feel I'm not getting the right results because I take short breaks and you're not supposed to. It seems impossible not to. Then I get mad because I'm 24 and there's 40 year-old's who nail every workout. Motivation.

The first couple weeks are the hardest. I had to do Alpha almost exclusively modified due to a bum leg. I was able to do a bit more in Beta/Gamma not "as" modified. Great workout and less than 30 minutes and not drive to the gym. Woot.

My husband has done Insanity and he says T25 is just as much of a workout as it's a straight 25 minutes.. non stop.

It's also on sale for the month of April. You get an extra workout when you order through a coach. Send me a message for more details.
  • turtlesaver
    Options
    The first week of Alpha I was about 98% modifying the moves, and even then I would have to take breaks. I'm about 1/2 through the second week now and I can already feel that I'm stronger and able to push harder.
    Even though it's only 25 minutes a day and I'm loving the energy boost I get from the workouts, I'm finding it hard to stay motivated day to day. Especially on ab day; it's just SO HARD to do the exercises with a fat stomach.
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started it this week and while the 25 min is not a lot, at times it's the longest 25 min of my life :) On the flip side, it's easy to be struggling and tell yourself "just 12 or 10 more minutes, I got this".

I just completed the 5 day fast start, here's my stats.

Down 7.6 lbs.
    Inches, lost,
    1.5 chest
    1 belly
    2 waist
    0.5 thighs.. in five days!!!

Would love to add some of you as friends so we can encourage each other.

Thanks
  • dmaert
    dmaert Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have not done it but my son and daughter inlaw are doing it. They just completed the T25 Alpha and have lost a combined total of 25 lbs and 4 inches of the waist. They said it works and are moving on to the next level.
  • KetosisTina
    Options
    I have not done it but my son and daughter inlaw are doing it. They just completed the T25 Alpha and have lost a combined total of 25 lbs and 4 inches of the waist. They said it works and are moving on to the next level.

It's awesome they are doing it together. Having a supportive family can be key. Although my DH and I do not work out at the exact same time, we both workout with one of the BB programs. I have finished T25 and P90x3, now doing Body Beast. He is on week 3 of T25 (has done Insanity and P90x).

It is fun to talk about the programs and compare them with your loved ones. (ie Shaun calls them burpees, Tony calls them sprawls).
  • kaseywallis1
    Options
    I just finished the Alpha round and have embarked on the Beta , have done 2 Beta workouts so far…It is a great workout system indeed. I have been working out for my whole life, and this system is great. I wanted to lose 10 lbs. And I do not follow the diet system ( I suck at those things) I started at 130 lbs. 5 ft. 5 inches..I have lost 5 lbs without dieting just doing this program.
    I do however go to the gym 3 days a week to lift as well, I am 50 years old.

I recommend for a great at home workout system, but I do believe in listing weights also for many reasons….try it and enjoy!
  • calza10
    calza10 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm starting the T25 and was wondering if there is an alternative to the shakeology shakes, as I am in the UK the prices are ridiculous for them! Will whey protein work in the same way with berries etc added to it?