okay - they might run big - but today I bought a size 8!

melanie92
melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
I shop at a store in town called Saver's, that's like a Goodwill Store. I went to buy some new to me jeans this afternoon, because the pair I bought in Oct (size 14) are way too big now.

So - I pulled several pair of size 10s to try on - and they were All Too Big!!!!!

May I please repeat? They were All Too Big!!!!! (booyah!)

:laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:

So then I pull some size 8s - and - one pair is way too tight (grr), 2 pair are okay but a little tight, and one pair fits like magic!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:glasses:

So it's official - at least for this brand of jean!! I can wear an 8! (A freakin 8!) That was one of my goals when I started this journey!

I haven't had too many pictures made of me during this time, but I think I have some to post before and afters - I'll get them uploaded this weekend. Only because people who did that encouraged me, and I would like to pass it on.

My journey started on April 17 this year - that's a mere 35 weeks ago. I have gone from a size 2X - 3X to an 8-ish. oh-my goodness-gracious-me-oh-my!!!!! :happy:

Too bad there is not an emoticon for Absolutely-Thrilled-Beyond-Belief!!!!! Just picture one that is squated down then jumps up - arms out - with a huge smile in a total exclamation of joy!!

Replies

• WOW! that is amazing! major congrats and can't wait to see the B&As :)
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    HOLY BALOGNA!!! Loook at you, look at you!! That is soooo stinking exciting!! I am so proud of you for your determination & perserverance! Such an inspiration! Thanks for posting!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Fantastic!!! I'm inspired too. These stories and triumphant have helped keep me going too.
    Hip hip hooray (but in your case--i hip hip going-away)

Yay!!!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Greatest NSV EVER!!! Congrats!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Oh my gosh....how exciting!!!! You've earned it!
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    I can't believe how fast you've lost! I have around 60 pounds to lose and I'm thinking it's going to take me most of this coming year to do it. Size 8 is fantastic, that's where I want to get to. I'm 5'2" and I've been size 8-10 at 135 pounds and I felt wonderful. I want to be that petite woman again! It must feel wonderful. I'm so happy for you.
  • Wow!! Congrats.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    I can't believe how fast you've lost! I have around 60 pounds to lose and I'm thinking it's going to take me most of this coming year to do it. Size 8 is fantastic, that's where I want to get to. I'm 5'2" and I've been size 8-10 at 135 pounds and I felt wonderful. I want to be that petite woman again! It must feel wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

:happy: Thank you! For the record I'm 5'3 and 135 is my previous and current target weight!

I'm going to turn 45 next week, and I haven't felt this great in about 5 years! and I don't think I lost it too fast.
    I've keep it in a spreadsheet, and my overall average is 1.7 lb/week. Right now I do 45-55 minutes of Zumba once a week, and play about an hour of doubles tennis once a week. But I have only recently reached those exercise numbers. Counting every calorie was the first and foremost important change I made! I will never, ever, ever stop counting calories!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Happy dance...dancejester.gif
  • micbin
    micbin Posts: 20 Member
    Fantastic job - I had the same thing a few weeks ago when I went to buy some new jeans. My favourite store is River Island (I think most of their stuff run a little big! :bigsmile: ) and I bought my first pair of size 8 jeans EVER!

I feel your joy!! :flowerforyou:

xx
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Wow I am so excited for you! That is absolutely the best Christmas gift to yourself and your family.
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    That is fantastic! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Congrats, thats absolutely wonderful! Keep it up! Isn't it a euphoric feeling!!!??? Nothing beats it!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    That is so great! I can hear your elation in your post! WAY TO GO!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • I love it!!!!!!!!!!! it's a great feeling, take a million pictures of yourself in those size 8's girl :-)
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so so proud of you! That is the most amazing feeling. I remember when I tried on an 8 thinking (there is no way they will fit!)!
    Then I would avoid them in my closet because I thought that the one day they did fit it was a fluke!

CONGRATS on your amazing accomplishment!
    WHAT A FEELING!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    I don't care HOW big they run. They NEVER would have fit you at the start of your journey. This is AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Charmagne
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!