What time of day do you work out?

Options
124»

Replies

• martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    6am on weekdays, after work about 4 on Sats and Sundays before Noon. If I don't do it weekdays at 6, I find I have too many excuses after work. :happy:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    0630 AM or it does not get done. Weekends when I get up or I make it my day off.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Lately I have only been working out at night after 8pm on the weekdays. One the weekends, I run around noon.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i prefer to work out in the morning because it's easier to "make" time. you go to bed earlier, and wake up earlier and head out the door.

i've worked out in the middle of the day, the late afternoon, or the evening because of one circumstance or another, but my prefered time is 5:30 am, as soon as the gym opens. if i'm going on a run or a bike ride, i might wait until 6am.
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    On weekdays - in the evening after work at least an hour before I go to bed. It really helps burn off my stress from the workday and improve my mood. As a result, I sleep better and am a much nicer person to be around the next day!

On weekends - the timing of my walks are based on weather and energy levels.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    whats working for me now is at night during the week.

typically 830-930ish, sometimes more like 9-10pm.

when the weather warms up, i'll likely get back on doing 2 days in the morning from 6-7am.

i like to get it over and done with during the weekends, so im usually there by 10am on saturday and sunday.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Im dependent somewhat on the rinks hours and crowds... so usually lunchtime. That seems to be ideal. I pick a day when I dont have other stuff I need to do and can put the time into it.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    10-12 at night.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I work out at home so I usually get up at 5:30am to do at least 30-45minutes before I have breakfast and get ready for work.....if I don't get to bed until late the night before then I work out when I get home from work instead before I have dinner.....
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I used to be really good about exercising first thing in the morning. Now I exercise whenever I can fit it in.
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evening or even late a nite unless I am going out that night than I do it during the day.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm out on the pavement from around 2-3 PM on most weekdays if I don't have something more important to do. I sweat up a storm in this 80°F heat, but it's the most convenient time for me. I sleep in 'til the afternoon anyway, so I usually start my day with exercise.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I only run in the morning to do long runs, and I do those at the same time my race would be so I can prep for the time & temperature. However for training runs, I run in the afternoon or evening when I get off work/get time between jobs. I run faster/easier later in the day so that's when I prefer to do short runs and speed work. And during the winter/spring, it's nice to run when the sun is out to warm you up! (However, during the summer, I'll run at 7:30-8 pm, then eat a late dinner, because it is way too hot to exercise earlier than that, and there's no way I'm getting up at 5 am to beat the heat!)
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    During the weekdays, I try to workout before work around 4-5am. That way if something comes up it's already out of the way. I can focus on preparing lunch for the next day. On the wknds, I also like to workout early in the am then I can take care of all of errands.