The Gym: Is it an escape or a job?

Options
12346»

Replies

• codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I used to think of it as a job but now it's therapeutic an escape from my job, kids, and hubby. I love the feeling it get after a workout and it makes me a better mother, wife, and employee.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I kinda just see it as part of my daily life. It can be a job to fit it in and do it some days, and others it is totally and escape and I decompress while there. I dunno.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I LOVE going to the gym....total me time.
  • onechaoticrose
    Options
    I love my "ME" time at the gym and I consider it entertainment while I get my workout on.....people watching is very entertaining.....
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    90% of the time its theraputic and helps me clear my mind. There are days I don't want to run/workout.... but after I get in my zone - I'm glad I started!!

This.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump
  • elainek79
    elainek79 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i love how i feel after i work out and i definitely feel awesone when i kniw i can lift heavy but still sometimes im dragging mysself after a hard day at work ( i work 13 hr shifts as a psy Nurse)

but i definitely dont feel like its a job its my hobby and helps me forget about work :)
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It gets me away from my children. I love them to death but I think we all know they can be...oh what's the word I'm looking for...trying sometimes.

I take my son with me :) Both his mum and I are fat, he's got a tummy on him and I don't want him growing up with weight issues, so my little monster comes with me, its great motivation for me to have him come though :)
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bumping my own, old, thread!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym cause my body sucks
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Bumping my own, old, thread!

:drinker:

I think it's an escape, and I love working to make myself better.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It's an investment. The returns are insane. Health, Confidence, Sex, Will Power
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Definitely an escape. The gym is where I get my " me" time, and being raised as an only child, I need tons of that. The only time I get stressed about going is when I get that fear of failure from increasing the weight on a lift, but I always get over that quickly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    At times it is a chore that I just need to get done, but for the most part I love lifting.

Adding to my original response above ^^^. Exercise is for the most part very enjoyable to me...and it is also an escape from all of the other bull**** going on during the day. Taking my lunch time rides keeps me from murdering my employees at work and resets my afternoon.

Those 60 minutes on Tuesday night and Thursday night and 120 on Saturday morning at the gym are a reprieve from both work and home life. I have a wife and two kids and get very little in the way of me time...the gym is my me time.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Most of the time it feels like an escape.

On those rare bad days when I walk in feeling like it's work it ends up turning into a therapy session.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    For that escape feeling, I have to have the outdoors and some alone time. Running or walking, sometimes in the dead of night, now that is an escape.

Especially when the police dog loses your scent. :wink:
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The gym is what keeps me going. It allows me to escape from everybody and everything!