What food(s) is the key to your success?

123457»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Chacolate Star Fish and Hot Dog Flavored water

:sick:
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Wendy's chili (since I don't cook).

Once a week for me! And the Caesar side salad! Very low calorie with water as my drink.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    3 foods I eat pretty much daily are

Egg whites with Avocado
    Fage 0% greek yogurt, plain
    Salmon, wild caught with some lemon/pepper seasoning

They help keep me feeling full and taste awesome :)
  • i make those cauliflower pizzas once a week they are awsome. and i make a snack out of oats mix with greek yogurt scoop of protien powder and some sugar free jelly. its delcious and has really good macros. i eat that once a day.
    lots of turkey bacon,,,,the uncured kind its only 1.5g fat a slice and not many calories but makes me excited to get up and eat breakfast every morning lol .
  • Pickles, I've learned to love pickles almost no calories and kills my craving for something salty.

Me too!!! I have a serious pickle addiction but I have to watch my sodium intake so i limit them to my 'free' meals on the weekends. By Monday I look soooo puffy but it's worth it.lol
  • I am on a roasted/baked vegetable kick so any vegetables are big for me right now

breakfast is usually a carrot/egg with pumpkin pie spice mix in the cast iron pan - so it comes out kind of like a pancake

Lunch/Dinner included roasted broccoli/eggplant/brussel sprouts/radishes/tomatoes with some rosemary garlic seasoning baked at 400 for 30 minutes

for salads I generally use the Walden farms no calorie/no sugar salad dressings, which I occasionally use to marinate meats with as well - at least the vinagrette ones

Interesting idea with the carrot pancake..gotta try that one.
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    besides the obvious like chicken breasts, my calorie saving secret weapons lately are Oikos greek yougur dip, Kroger carbmaster yogurt, fat free cheese and walden farms dressing(bbq sauce, 1000 island and pancake syrup are my favs). BCAAs have been great as well.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    LOVE this question and reading this thread! Here's mine:

Broccoli...I find myself eating steamed broccoli with lots of fresh garlic, ginger and other spices almost every day for the past month or so. It's super high in potassium and other good stuff and is really filling and low cal.

Vegan protein shake:
    I use Vega One Protein powder
    Raw Organic chia and flax seed blend
    Nutiva Cacao Powder
    Califia Toasted coconut and almondmilk blend
    208 or so cals and fills me up for hours

BERRIES....I'm eating on a daily basis (almost) lots of berries, especially blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and sometimes I'll have these berries with a bit of organic maple yogurt or a mango--this is like a healthy low cal sweet treat for me.

I know this will sound kinda weird, but a big greasy cheeseburger every other week or so too (maybe once or twice a month or something like that)...it's strange, but it seems like whenever I have a greasy spoon double cheeseburger with the works....the scale goes down for me:drinker: :smooched: :drinker:
  • zebacuff
    zebacuff Posts: 39 Member
    Flavored sparkling water (Ice Mountain, La Croix, etc.) - just make sure there are no sweeteners! Always good to fill me up when a craving hits and I don't want to waste calories.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Anything I want that fits in my calories for the day. This includes Cheese Cake.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    As long as what I'm eating doesn't read as diet food, I'm happy. So key has been heavy whipping cream, butter, breadings, and corn dogs. I had a similar thing happen the last time I decided it was time to offload another bunch of weight, where portioned tasty rubbish made it work for me.

"portioned tasty rubbish" -- gotta steal that phrase
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    in for the recipe :smile: