rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• blovesit
    blovesit Posts: 20
    Options
    You know what they say about living well? It's the best revenge.

So very true! Its good to hear you have managed to get yourself back on track and restore your confidence :flowerforyou:
  • mulchingoverwinter
    mulchingoverwinter Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I once went to my local doctors for a completely other matter and the doctor stated "if you get any fatter you won’t fit through the office door" I left immediately before my other half took a swing at him. To this day the whole thing just makes me so upset!
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I was about 16 my sister lived in Paris and was getting married. I went to see her to go bridesmaid dress shopping, and as a 16 year-old, maybe a UK size 12/14, every shop we went into bar none straight out said 'we have nothing for you'. The nicest lady we encountered said maybe I could try to just to eat salad and come back in a month or two? Brutal.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    First of all, your weight is your business and noone elses!
    Someone said to me after my recovery from anorexia (which lead to me being a little overweight), "Jheeze you looked better when you looked like death warmed up"!

Thats terrible!!
    Its like you cant win either way!! >.<
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    A part of me is spiteful and I want to lose weight because of a rude women who makes snide comments at my weight.

This women is European and she thinks all Americans are fat lazy and uneducated. She married my boyfriend's brother and she would constantly talk about my weight.

One of the craziest things shes ever said to me was when I told her I got a second job. I was so excited to have another source of income because I was really struggling for some time.

instead of congratulating me she said " that's good..gives you less time to eat"

She said this in front of my boyfriend and her husband and they didn't think anything of it. I felt like i had gone insane.

That's just awful. There's no excuse for her actions and lack of action from your boyfriend especially.

That said, the meanest thing I can think of lately is a little boy, maybe 8, proceeded to loudly whisper to his buddy that man boobies is getting in the pool, look that guy has man boobies. He obviously had no clue how loud he was so I looked at him and said yeah buddy, big ones! That threw him off a little bit but it didn't take long for him to keep talking about me and get yelled at by the lifegaurd (we go to the Y, so Christian values).
  • StevenH74
    StevenH74 Posts: 129
    Options
    Dunno if I have posted this before but my brother called me a fat c**t.
    My own brother of all people.
  • bonbonjs
    bonbonjs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ohh, I'm sorry that you have to put up with that. The only people who tend to say rude things to me have been men (to my face at least). My dad used to say "why have you got that beach ball under your shirt?", and my ex's father used to say when other people were around (after I lost a lot of weight) "her *kitten* was so big you could park a truck in it". So I get how humiliated her comments must make you feel.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have been very lucky not to have had the horrible experience people here have had, my heart goes out to all of you. :cry:

The only thing ever said to me about my weight was from my darling 5 year old nephew who said at a family dinner:

"If we ever had to escape if there was a fire we could all escape through that window. Except you, because your butt is too big"

I burst out laughing, my poor brother was mortified, but he was right at 5ft 8in and 300 pounds my butt was WAY too big!
  • lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When I decided I needed to change things around I was walking home speaking to my mum on the phone. She said 'Yeah you have got really fat, your legs are huge' and a day later walking home again and talking to my gran (this one hurt the most because my mum has never been too nice about my weight or the way my legs especially look) she said 'I didn't think you'd be the one to get fat. But you did'. Baring in mind I was 12 stone at 5 foot 7 and yes, overweight definitely but not like they were thinking about me. I have been asked by children (I'm a teacher) 'do you have a baby in there' when I have been bloated too but I have taught my class the benefits to both parties of compliments. They now say 'you look like a princess' or 'your dress is beautiful' when they want to make me happy :p And it works!

Now I have lost 15lb and have been exercising for 4 months my mum said 'You're not going to have one of those horrible muscly stomachs, are you?' (I said I already kinda did lol) but when I showed her a pic of my end of month two weight loss she (amongst being very positive) she said 'those legs do need a bit of tan on them though' (insinuating they don't look good...i.e. fat).

It's the little things, really.
  • estaticaa
    estaticaa Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I never really received any horrible insult about my weight and people, even when I was in really bad shape and with 74 kg, never thought I was overweight, just with more curves. Even the shop ladies would bring me clothes below my size and were always surprised to see I needed bigger sizes to fit. So yeah, nothing awful was ever said that would get me frustrated or depressed about my weight. My boyfriend at the time used to tell me he loved my shape regardless, so I guess, in a way, that enabled my overeating. So when I told my parents I needed to get fit and lose some weight, they were afraid I'd become anorectic or something.

My point is, sometimes even when you're surrounded with nice people who never make you feel fat, you still realize that something isn't quite right, that you don't feel as healthy as you used to and that it's your responsibility to make a change, regardless of what others may say. Insults or compliments can often change our perception and how we feel about our weight, but ultimately, everything you do should be for you and you alone. Getting in shape for the kids or the husband or to prove someone wrong, or to be called sexy or whatever can be a trap because the results may not be what we expected. I'd rather get healthy because I love myself, not because of what others have to say about it.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My nickname is grade school and middle school was "whale". I managed to turn it into a big joke about how if they kept making fun of me that I would chase them down and sit on them... and I'd follow through with that. Sure, publicly, I turned it around but every night, I'd come home and cry myself to sleep.

I was at a sleep over and we were playing telephone (where you whisper something in someone's ear down the line?) and I was the last person. The sentence happened to be that I was fat and gross. These were supposed to be my friends (bff, right?) and I remember running into the girls house, curling up in a ball, and crying until her dad found me. I told him what happened after some coaxing, which then led into them getting in trouble and me being the bad guy.

Needless to say, I have severe trust issues when it comes to female friends and not from just these experiences.

I was, however, was once told that my boobs were "spiffy" by my fiancé when we first met in high school (14 years ago). :blushing:

My nickname was also "whale" at high school, but I could never think of how to make a joke out of it. I did do the going home and crying part as well though.

And that's horrible what those girls did to you. Kids can be so cruel!

I told them that if I was a whale, that means that I could crush them if I sat on them. It led to me chasing a lot of boys, and also, a lot of nut kicking. They deserved so much more.

I'm sorry that was also your nickname. I'm working my way down from whale to hopefully dolphin or sea otter. lol!
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've heard the "you have a really cute face for a fat girl" at the bar more than once.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    AmelieMustLoseWeight Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Dunno if I have posted this before but my brother called me a fat c**t.
    My own brother of all people.

My brother used to tell me not tow ear skinny jeans because I looked like a bowling pin..he's also called me a fat c u n t as well. he's horrible towards women.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    I've heard the "you have a really cute face for a fat girl" at the bar more than once.

Ew I hate hearing things like that. It's the most *kitten* backwards thing I have ever heard.
  • AmelieMustLoseWeight
    Options
    My nickname is grade school and middle school was "whale". I managed to turn it into a big joke about how if they kept making fun of me that I would chase them down and sit on them... and I'd follow through with that. Sure, publicly, I turned it around but every night, I'd come home and cry myself to sleep.

I was at a sleep over and we were playing telephone (where you whisper something in someone's ear down the line?) and I was the last person. The sentence happened to be that I was fat and gross. These were supposed to be my friends (bff, right?) and I remember running into the girls house, curling up in a ball, and crying until her dad found me. I told him what happened after some coaxing, which then led into them getting in trouble and me being the bad guy.

Needless to say, I have severe trust issues when it comes to female friends and not from just these experiences.

I was, however, was once told that my boobs were "spiffy" by my fiancé when we first met in high school (14 years ago). :blushing:

My nickname was also "whale" at high school, but I could never think of how to make a joke out of it. I did do the going home and crying part as well though.

And that's horrible what those girls did to you. Kids can be so cruel!

I told them that if I was a whale, that means that I could crush them if I sat on them. It led to me chasing a lot of boys, and also, a lot of nut kicking. They deserved so much more.

I'm sorry that was also your nickname. I'm working my way down from whale to hopefully dolphin or sea otter. lol!

After I gained amajority of my weight in my senior year I had people on the football teams harass me while I ran track. The main kid who messed with me was being such a **** so I drop kicked him and told him he could call me the juggernaut. (X men fan here)

Needless to say its a name that stuck and I don't even mind.
  • cosnet
    cosnet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband tends to be the one to dish out the comments. One is he will poke my belly and say "baby????". the one that really annoys me is when he says its easy to lose weight. Just a matter of mind over matter - set my mind that I will lose weight and I will. Guess I lack that will power or something because it has never been easy for me to keep my weight down. I have struggled with it for as long as I can remember. Being in my 50's has just added to the challenge.
  • chsbulldogs92
    chsbulldogs92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nothing said before I lost 89 pounds this past year. It came after from my neighbors.

One said I look nice, healthy & fit, to which his wife instantly said "no he looks like sh**, he needs to eat something". Just smiled and moved on...
  • Dedshot
    Dedshot Posts: 145
    Options
    No one comment comes to mind, but whenever fitness gets brought up or it comes up that I go to the gym and watch my nutrition, people accuse me of having a problem. It bothers me wicked badly.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    When the fat old lady at the gym decided she'd give me weight loss advice. Yah right!
  • marilu1727
    Options
    I became overweight when I hit puberty at 11 years old. Ever since then my mother would make comments about how I couldn't wear certain kinds of clothes because they didn't look right. I would try on clothes and she'd tell me they would look better if I lost some weight. Occasionally she would buy me clothes that were twice my size and even after I begun losing weight she would still buy my clothes that were too big. I wear a Medium and a size 8/10 now and I tell her not to buy me clothes anymore because she still buys me XL and size 14/16....it's an insult to me because I feel my hard work to lose those 40 lbs isn't noticeable.